Can DC Movies compete with Marvel anymore?

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You are correct.
Marvel is a studio within the Disney Corp.

WB has no DC specific studio set up to focus on the comic book properties. They are all made within the same studio structure that is making Harry Potter and The Hobbit.

Yeah DC, while a part of WB, doesn't have a film studio like Marvel does but there has been more working across the aisle because in recent years, there wasn't any of that. I've been saying for years that they just need to hire Bruce Timm to steer the movies the same way he did the animated movies and they'd be printing money

Thanks for confirming, Marvel is definitely ahead of the curve due to that, and they're able to create an overarching universe that's cohesive and doesn't seem forced. That's the big problem I can see with see their future films going forward, especially if they shut out the comic writers out of the process. Hopefully i'm wrong though, cause even though I'm more of a Marvel guy, I want to see some :krs: like DC films as well.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Thanks for confirming, Marvel is definitely ahead of the curve due to that, and they're able to create an overarching universe that's cohesive and doesn't seem forced. That's the big problem I can see with see their future films going forward, especially if they shut out the comic writers out of the process. Hopefully i'm wrong though, cause even though I'm more of a Marvel guy, I want to see some :krs: like DC films as well.

Things have changed since the 90s and early 2000s breh. They incorporate comic writers now and DC's entertainment side is heavily involved in the movies so whatever plan they have going forward, they've had writers and input on it

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
realistically, dc never could.compete with marvel on the same plane of existence.
dc always stayed a float from wb money.
plus, never had any grasp of how to make entertaining comic franchises.
Which is why in the nineties.
They created the self implosion story arcs if superman and batman.
That if wb did not own dc.
dc would have never recovered.
then, when marvel started taking in those huff dc writers.
that is how marvel eventually followed the same dumb bullshyt and even with movie money still wound up selling.
When, if they never followed dc.
They would still be their own entity.
fukk, marvel and dc...
both ruined what made them great and we only get movies from them now.
Their comic books both equally sucked for the past 20years.

Art Barr

• Dap
Reactions: TNC

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Things have changed since the 90s and early 2000s breh. They incorporate comic writers now and DC's entertainment side is heavily involved in the movies so whatever plan they have going forward, they've had writers and input on it

only person of any relevant good at dc is jim lee.
dc always sucked and was boring as fukk.
only reason their franchises get burn is from the draw of traditionalism in the characters.
as, a matter of fact...
Dc has been mired in bullshyt for so long people are accepting.
that when we finally in the entire history of superman get the right superman.
they, immediately saddle superman with the wrong batman, in the very next film.
When, batman was perfectly fine.
marvel fukked up by letting wack dc like guys run it to, like Quesada.
Who don't know shyt about comics beside drawing an okay daredevil.
yet, if we look back,...
Who was the penciler on wack reboots of batman.
now, this clown runs marvel.
That fool ain't no jim shooter that's for sure.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

dc's best submissions are the abstract batman style cartoon movies.
only every once in a while, do they get anything else right.
plus, wb runs them so they are about the damaging an entire franchise cashgrab as standard.

dc, is nuffin but losersville and marvel follows suit, right behind that shyt now.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
:snoop: Yes..yes they can. They still have two of the most popular superheroes ever created, not to mention other characters that have been in pop culture for at least 20 years (Flash, Wonder Woman, GL) and being introduced to new fans on a regular basis. I saw dudes laughing at DC for releasing a Flash movie or a Shazam movie but big up an inhumans movie as if it's the more popular brand? Dammit this place is turning into the Arcadium over this shyt. Just be happy we live in a golden age right now, enjoy the movies from all brands and keep it moving. Unless any of you nikkas are getting paid, this constant cheerleading and stanning is getting out of hand.

tumblr_lz9bu35fTe1qinilbo1_250.gif

the story of the inhumans is much better than the flash and wonder woman quality wise.
Black bolt medusa > flash and wonder woman
as far as quality is concerned

we don't even know who flash's woman is.
Black bolt has his woman and a whole legion of dedicated.
Also, inhumans were wildly popular.
as, a kid...
Medusa and black bolt were fixtures in the comic book plane when i was a kid.
any gateway material you got from marvel with its flagship characters included a story arc and graphic novel retelling before graphic novel was a word.

giant size comics most popular issue was the in humans.

what you know about a giant sized comic.

shyt medusa was a gateway character in gateway Spiderman children comics.
to the point, the Spiderman comic I had as gateways.
with medusa as a feature,..
My little girl still fukkin reads.
when, that shyt is like forty years old and is a campy gateway comic.

Art Barr

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man I'd like to see marvel just buy DC out of WB and start having cross over movies

batman and spiderman adventures

hulk vs superman

captain marvell and captain marvel

And of course

Justice League vs Avengers

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Man I'd like to see marvel just buy DC out of WB and start having cross over movies

batman and spiderman adventures

hulk vs superman

captain marvell and captain marvel

And of course

Justice League vs Avengers

So you want them to pull a Vince McMahon? No. No thank you. I like competition.

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So you want them to pull a Vince McMahon? No. No thank you. I like competition.

i want to see cross overs since both studios won't agree to it then hostile takeover is neccessary

Plus DC doesn't get the backing Marvel has anyway

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
i want to see cross overs since both studios won't agree to it then hostile takeover is neccessary

Plus DC doesn't get the backing Marvel has anyway

Breh..WB is a huge company that makes bank each year, they have the backing trust me. And nah I'm good with that. I want to see Marvel do what it does and DC do what it does. Last thing we need is a recreation of those 90s crossover comics

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Breh..WB is a huge company that makes bank each year, they have the backing trust me. And nah I'm good with that. I want to see Marvel do what it does and DC do what it does. Last thing we need is a recreation of those 90s crossover comics

Ayyy we got comic con here on saturday and they sell comics and i bought a few of them joints they tight. Do u know any other marvel vs dc xovers that involves the entire universes

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Ayyy we got comic con here on saturday and they sell comics and i bought a few of them joints they tight. Do u know any other marvel vs dc xovers that involves the entire universes

:russ: i didn't like them man. well let me rephrase, as a kid I loved them but as an adult and actually reading them? Nah.

And I don't remember any universe wide ones but it was more like individuals matchups...joker and carnage, batman and spider-man, super man and spider-man, cap and batman, batman and spawn, batman and punisher. I'm sure there's like a DC vs Marvel one out there though

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
The first response to DCs film announcements was that theyre scraping the bottom of the barrell and its got like 20 daps:dwillhuh:

These dudes claim to be comic fans :stopitslime:

More like sheep dikk riding mcus every move because its the "cool" thing right now :scust:

dawg, dc comics were never cool.
The characters only got a rub of cool.from the batman and jl abstract carttons being excellent gateways that were better than their actual comics.
as, a matter of fact,..
of not for those actual cartoons.
dc, would have no relevance besides old war trickle down and ruined franchises to find solace in.
best thing dc ever did was make the abstract Fleischer style batman/jl/superman cartoon.
if, not for that....
there would be no draw for dc characters based on comics.

Art Barr

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
to this day, marvel is fukking up.

POWER PACK
Should be slated for a movie with no question.

Art Barr
I always did think it was strange they never moved on a property like that. It'd be like printing money, kids and their parents would go see it in DROVES.