Can DC Movies compete with Marvel anymore?

BodeineBrazy

hehehehehehehehehe
Daps
Reppin
Philly, Norfside

they have been making trash outside of the the Nolan films for 20 plus now. Thats y nobody cares, no matter who they announce they got a shytty track record. its that simple.

they dont believe in there properties... so they shyt is :trash:.

They dont pick good directors, they have shytty casting... so they shyt is :trash:.

Soon as people got excited for DAWN OF JUSTICE then they cast the fukking the kid from the Social Network as LEX fukkING LUTHOR... have we forgot... :trash:

In ALL honesty, the last Superman movie was meh at best... we all know it. It looked ok, but the lead was uncharismatic and really left no impression & had no ownership of the role. If they recast Superman, would anyone be mad. Is dude even iconic in that role? I'll wait...

People want to like them, it's not so much that people are fan boys, Marvel has built that relationship and trust with there fans, that at the very least the Movies will be faithful to the comics. They cast well and they have an overarching Universe that's innovative. They believe in there properties. DC doesnt give a fukk about DC fans... and they dont believe in there Universe.

This is David Goyer's take on the DC Universe... this is the man who is writing JUSTICE LEAGUE... READ THIS CAREFULLY!!!

In response to being asked about the hero [Martian Manhunter], Goyer asked, “How many people in the audience have heard of Martian Manhunter?” After hearing some light applause and cheers, he added, “How many people that raised their hands have ever been laid?”

After this, Goyer explained his take on the hero: “Well, he hasn’t been rebooted but he’s a mainstay in the Justice League.
He can’t be fukking called the Martian Manhunter because that’s goofy. He can be called Manhunter… The whole deal with Martian Manhunter is he’s an alien living amongst us… So he comes down to Earth and decides, unlike Superman who already exists in the world now, that he’s just going to be a homicide detective… So instead of using super-powers and mind-reading and like, oh, I could figure out if the President’s lying or whatever, he just decides to disguise himself as a human homicide detective. Dare to dream!”

:comeon:

nikka this is The Flash... this is your Barry Allen!!! (is that fukking lipstick!?!?!!?)
4160321-9643466471-tumbl.jpg

Micheal Cera is LEX LUTHOR :scust:
jesse-eisenberg.jpg

Dudes are in denial... these dudes suck ass. Its a shame because DC could be dope. Superman has been fighting ZOD and Luthor for over 30 years... They can't even get a second villian in the fukking movies... We've been watching him do the same shyt since before Hip Hop was out.

They are milking Batman, trying to use him to lure us in to their wack ass Universe... We got a weak ass Xena looking Wonder Woman...:what: she looked like shyt and we all know it. We have a Hawaiin Aquaman... :pachaha:

fukk DC nikka... im giving them one shot with that Dawn of Justice shyt. If I see something I don't like... they can kiss my ass.

BodeineBrazy

hehehehehehehehehe
Daps
Reppin
Philly, Norfside
I always did think it was strange they never moved on a property like that. It'd be like printing money, kids and their parents would go see it in DROVES.

Power Pack, they can save for Phase 4... Marvel will be primarily a movie house in 15 years... people are gonna be like "They used to make comics?"

Peep the movements, that's why they're basically blackballing all non MCU properties in the comic world. Killing Wolverine, Not giving DOFP any licensing deals, canceling Fantastic Four. They are moving into a new era slowly but surely and if your not under that Marvel/Disney umbrella your getting pushed out... they know comics in paper form is a dying medium. They are building this film/tv universe into there bread and butter.

Just look at the Marvel 75 cover... how can you celebrate 75 years of Marvel with no X-Men, No Fantastic four? Shows they are conditioning the new generations mind to forget about those properties. If im a 8-9 year old Kid this is the Marvel I know and I grew up with. This is the Marvel im going to show my kids. X-Men and F4 are going to be the past.

Notice every one in this picture has a MCU film on the horizon. (Spiderman :patrice:)

Marvel_75th_Anniversary_Magazine_Vol_1_1_Textless.jpg

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
  • Warner announces batman vs superman
    • marvel announces civil war after the fact
  • Warner announces plans till 2019 including shazam
    • marvel announces plans till 2018 after the fact including another thor movie
  • Warner announces title for black hero, cyborg
    • marvel FINALLY announces black panther after the fact
  • Warner announces wonder woman, lead female star hero
    • marvel announces struggle woman marvel girl captain marvel after the fact
  • Warner announces Justice League starring all heroes
    • marvel announces infinity war starring all heroes after the fact
whos really trying to compete here :ohhh:
Are you serious? DC has had two failed DCU start up movies, after Marvel had already planned and implemented phase 1.:pachaha: Marvel about to finish phase two and DC just getting started. DC's been lapped already.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
This is David Goyer's take on the DC Universe... this is the man who is writing JUSTICE LEAGUE... READ THIS CAREFULLY!!!
David Goyer wrote the original screenplay for Batman v Superman but he is effectively off of it now and his screenplay has been re-written by Chris Terrio.
Terrio is also writing the Justice league movie...Goyer isn't involved with that one from all reports.

BodeineBrazy

hehehehehehehehehe
Daps
Reppin
Philly, Norfside
David Goyer wrote the original screenplay for Batman v Superman but he is effectively off of it now and his screenplay has been re-written by Chris Terrio.
Terrio is also writing the Justice league movie...Goyer isn't involved with that one from all reports.

after further research i stand corrected.

the article i read said something o the effect of...

Goyer has been announced as a writer and producer on The Sandman and the writer for Justice League. He’s also credited with co-writing the story for the still untitled Man of Steel sequel [Editor's Note: It got a title just a few hours after we posted this story!] featuring Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman in her first big screen, live-action appearance.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
after further research i stand corrected.

the article i read said something o the effect of...

Goyer has been announced as a writer and producer on The Sandman and the writer for Justice League. He’s also credited with co-writing the story for the still untitled Man of Steel sequel [Editor's Note: It got a title just a few hours after we posted this story!] featuring Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman in her first big screen, live-action appearance.
I am not sure if he is even still involved with the Sandman movie either.

sfgiants

BANNED
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This isn't about marvel stans vs DC stans
This is about regular ppl like me with no acne who don't give a shyt about a rivalry
And as a regular movie goer I don't give a shyt about DC outside of batman and superman
Marvel movies always get my attention, I didn't know anything about guardians of the Galaxy but I saw it and liked it n will watch part 2
Aquaman, and anything outside of batman vs superman :camby:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
who's the ninja dude on that marvel 75th cover?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
This is about regular ppl like me with no acne who don't give a shyt about a rivalry
And as a regular movie goer I don't give a shyt about DC outside of batman and superman
Marvel movies always get my attention, I didn't know anything about guardians of the Galaxy but I saw it and liked it n will watch part 2

:mjlol: c'mon breh let's not do the stereotype thing although that did make me laugh for real. But "regular" people didn't care about Iron Man before 2008 either so things change. Flash and Wonder Woman at least have some cache in pop culture but again, it all depends on the quality of the movie and the marketing material

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Why wouldn't you give non-Batman/Superman stuff the same shot you gave GOTG?

sfgiants

BANNED
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why wouldn't you give non-Batman/Superman stuff the same shot you gave GOTG?

Dumb as it may sound all that bullshyt they add at the end and how they connect the different characters is cool.
To be fair, fantastic 4 and the first hulk were trash. When I heard mark Zuckerberg was going to be lex Luthor :beli:

:mjlol: c'mon breh let's not do the stereotype thing although that did make me laugh for real. But "regular" people didn't care about Iron Man before 2008 either so things change. Flash and Wonder Woman at least have some cache in pop culture but again, it all depends on the quality of the movie and the marketing material

im just fukkin around but wonder woman :camby:
flash id be interested in :manny: depends on how they pull it off tho. they cant keep having shyt ass actors playing these roles. van wilder the green lantern :snoop:

Last edited:

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
I swear nikkas complain about DC movies non stop, it's fukking annoying

"Batman's voice sounds retarded :stopitslime:"

"Katie Holmes can't act :trash:"

"Heath Ledger as The Joker? :laff: this movie is gonna be trash"

*Sees the movie*

"OMG this is the best movie of all time, Heath Ledger killed it :gladbron:"

"Tom Hardy as Bane? :gladbron:"

*Sees the set pic*

":dwillhuh: that's not Bane, why is he wearing that stupid mask blah blah blah"

*Watches the prologue*

":scust: is voice sounds retarded, this movie is gonna suck :trash:"

*Sees the movie*

"Bane is the GOAT :wow:"

"Man of Steel had too much action and the dialogue sucked :scusthov: Superman Returns was better"

I can go on and on but I don't hear any complaining when it comes to Marvel besides Iron Man 3 :sas2: which people still defend to this day :mindblown:

92Inc

Fear me
Daps
Reppin
oklahoma city
I swear nikkas complain about DC movies non stop, it's fukking annoying

"Batman's voice sounds retarded :stopitslime:"

"Katie Holmes can't act :trash:"

"Heath Ledger as The Joker? :laff: this movie is gonna be trash"

*Sees the movie*

"OMG this is the best movie of all time, Heath Ledger killed it :gladbron:"

"Tom Hardy as Bane? :gladbron:"

*Sees the set pic*

":dwillhuh: that's not Bane, why is he wearing that stupid mask blah blah blah"

*Watches the prologue*

":scust: is voice sounds retarded, this movie is gonna suck :trash:"

*Sees the movie*

"Bane is the GOAT :wow:"

"Man of Steel had too much action and the dialogue sucked :scusthov: Superman Returns was better"

I can go on and on but I don't hear any complaining when it comes to Marvel besides Iron Man 3 :sas2: which people still defend to this day :mindblown:
nikkas acting like marvel is making Oscar winning films