Can any Christian / Jew explain this?

The Realist Perspective

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
‭‭Exodus‬ ‭33‬:‭9‬-‭11‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And it came to pass, as Moses entered into the tabernacle, the cloudy pillar descended, and stood at the door of the tabernacle, and the LORD talked with Moses. And all the people saw the cloudy pillar stand at the tabernacle door: and all the people rose up and worshipped, every man in his tent door. And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle.”

‭‭Exodus‬ ‭33‬:‭17‬-‭20‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And the LORD said unto Moses, I will do this thing also that thou hast spoken: for thou hast found grace in my sight, and I know thee by name. And he said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory. And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy. And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.”

:jbhmm:

So first one says Moses spoke to god face to face like a friend would. (Couldn’t be made any clearer that Moses was seeing gods face)

The second, god tells Moses no man can see my face and live.

What is this about. :patrice:

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
27ee2ef8517be5c2787f7b2c21e8e754.gif

MrLogic

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cash
Folk lore breh

it's Folk lore lol

I use to be a christian breh but I was like this shyt got so many holes make a hoe jealous.

any way it's King Josiah Yahweh-ism they retcon a lot of stuff so who knows what is legit or not in old testament

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
Thing about scripture is some things are literal, some things are not

In this case I think they meant face to face as directly” because if you re-read, it said he came as a cloudy pillar

BUT

It never says he transformed into something with an actual face, so you have to assume Yah is still in that perceivable form

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
Y’all don’t really believe GOD has a physical face right? :unimpressed:

Unless you’re referring to Jesus :hubie:

Funny u say that

I’ve seen trinitarians say that to support the trinity.

Basically the father as the unseen spirit, and the son as the physical manifestation, along with the Holy Spirit creating the 1 triune GOD

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Face is nuanced in these passages. If you were to see God in all his glory right in front of you, you would die.

You should be thinking more about repenting, being baptized in the name of Jesus Christ and living a good life by God's law, so you know, you don't burn in hell for all eternity brother.

You gonna feel stupid as a spirit being in front of God in his glory like,

"Well you know I kept slamming these hoes because exodus said you were face to face with Moses but then it said u can't see my face."

Fix yourself man. It can all end tonight.

Fill Collins

I like the one that says shum pulp
Daps
Face is nuanced in these passages. If you were to see God in all his glory right in front of you, you would die.

You should be thinking more about repenting, being baptized in the name of Jesus Christ and living a good life by God's law, so you know, you don't burn in hell for all eternity brother.

You gonna feel stupid as a spirit being in front of God in his glory like,

"Well you know I kept slamming these hoes because exodus said you were face to face with Moses but then it said u can't see my face."

Fix yourself man. It can all end tonight.
seems like god let that happen

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
God tests the depths of the intelligence of man by examining their hearts after it has received unto itself preposterous claims.

When the white man conquered countries. And the kings of Europe commissioned expeditions- they didn’t do it out of free will. But by inspiration of the supernatural.

And they said to them in dreams and visions; go unto the foreigners. The heathens. tell them these stories. And those who believe without question are yours to do as you wish. And they did.

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Funny u say that

I’ve seen trinitarians say that to support the trinity.

Basically the father as the unseen spirit, and the son as the physical manifestation, along with the Holy Spirit creating the 1 triune GOD

I wouldn’t use the word “Trinitarian” or “triune” but if that makes you understand things better than go for it

God is self explanatory from anyone who reads and understands the Bible. No need for another man or organization to explain GOD to you better than you can do yourself

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
God tests the depths of the intelligence of man by examining their hearts after it has received unto itself preposterous claims.

When the white man conquered countries. And the kings of Europe commissioned expeditions- they didn’t do it out of free will. But by inspiration of the supernatural.

And they said to them in dreams and visions; go unto the foreigners. The heathens. tell them these stories. And those who believe without question are yours to do as you wish. And they did.
:what:
They didn't tell them stories until they conquered them.