Can any Christian / Jew explain this?

invalid

Banned
Daps
The first scripture is Moses encountering Christ in the cloud.

The second scripture is referencing God the Father. No mortal has beheld the face of the Father in all his glory.

To expand on this with supporting scriptures.

Hebrews 11:24
24 By faith Moses, when he had grown up, refused to be known as the son of Pharaoh’s daughter. 25 He chose to be mistreated along with the people of God rather than to enjoy the fleeting pleasures of sin. 26 He regarded disgrace for the sake of Christ as of greater value than the treasures of Egypt, because he was looking ahead to his reward. 27 By faith he left Egypt, not fearing the king’s anger; he persevered because he saw him who is invisible. 28 By faith he kept the Passover and the application of blood, so that the destroyer of the firstborn would not touch the firstborn of Israel.

Essentially, it's saying that Moses encountered Christ and left Egypt to follow him.

1 Corinthians 10 -
1For I do not want you to be ignorant of the fact, brothers and sisters, that our ancestors were all under the cloud and that they all passed through the sea. 2They were all baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea. 3They all ate the same spiritual food and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ.

Jude 5-
5 Now I want to remind you, although you once fully knew it, that Jesus, who saved a people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed those who did not believe.

I can also post scriptures supporting the idea that it was Christ that Abraham encountered in the OT.

With that being said, It is of the opinion of many Christians that all of the encounters that humans had with God in the OT was actually the pre-incarnate Christ. John 1:18 states as much.

John 1:18 -
18 No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.

Basically saying no one has ever seen the Father except through Christ, who makes him known.

So all the stories in the OT where the subjects were interacting face to face with God, they were possibly interacting with the pre-incarnate Christ who made the Father known through him.

Last edited:

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
‭‭Exodus‬ ‭33‬:‭9‬-‭11‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And it came to pass, as Moses entered into the tabernacle, the cloudy pillar descended, and stood at the door of the tabernacle, and the LORD talked with Moses. And all the people saw the cloudy pillar stand at the tabernacle door: and all the people rose up and worshipped, every man in his tent door. And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle.”

‭‭Exodus‬ ‭33‬:‭17‬-‭20‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And the LORD said unto Moses, I will do this thing also that thou hast spoken: for thou hast found grace in my sight, and I know thee by name. And he said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory. And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy. And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.”

:jbhmm:

So first one says Moses spoke to god face to face like a friend would. (Couldn’t be made any clearer that Moses was seeing gods face)

The second, god tells Moses no man can see my face and live.

What is this about. :patrice:
It's because the book as we have it today was not written in its entirety by one and the same person at one time.

There are roughly three competing theories about how the Pentateuch (including Exodus) came to be the way it was, and although they differ in the details of how sources were combined, they all claim what I stated above.

Specifically, there were at least two sources that had distinct views on the nature of the Hebrew God. In fact, in a way they were different gods.

Link - The Documentary Hypothesis

Link - The Supplementary Hypothesis

The third one is a fragmentary hypothesis, but this one is a bit more scattered over variously stated versions of it.

Link - Goodreads - The Composition of the Pentateuch: Renewing the Documentary Hypothesis

ReturnOfJudah

Veteran
Daps

Essentially, it's saying that Moses encountered Christ and left Egypt to follow him.

1 Corinthians 10 -

Jude 5-

I can also post scriptures supporting the idea that it was Christ that Abraham encountered in the OT.

With that being said, It is of the opinion of many Christians that all of the encounters that humans had with God in the OT was actually the pre-incarnate Christ. John 1:18 states as much.

Basically saying no one has ever seen the Father except through Christ, who makes him known.

So all the stories in the OT where the subjects were interacting face to face with God, they were possibly interacting with the pre-incarnate Christ who made the Father known through him.
Psalms 110:1-7 explains what @invalid is saying to the tee

Everythingg

King-Over-Kingz
Bushed
Daps
Two creation stories.

But..

In this spacetime continuum only one event can occur at one time.

My parents met at a certain time and place. There's not multiple versions of their meeting. And if there were multiple STORIES about it, then all but one of the STORIES would have to be false. At least. Every single STORY about them meeting could be false.

But the reality of when and where they met would still be the same. Even if the STORY gets fukced up.

And Breh howdy. Is the story in the Bible mixed all the way up.
You still don’t get it. The two creation stories represent the Adam And Eve AND the people outside the garden you say the Bible doesn’t reference. :coffee:

Everythingg

King-Over-Kingz
Bushed
Daps

1 Corinthians 10 -

Jude 5-

Knock it off (respectfully) :russ:

Jesus is a NT gentile creation. Nobody knew about a Jesus in the OT because he didn’t exist to them.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
You still don’t get it. The two creation stories represent the Adam And Eve AND the people outside the garden you say the Bible doesn’t reference. :coffee:

So it is false that Adam and Eve were the first people?

And, it is false that Adam and Eve are the ancestors of all humans?

Everythingg

King-Over-Kingz
Bushed
Daps
So it is false that Adam and Eve were the first people?

And, it is false that Adam and Eve are the ancestors of all humans?

Adam and Eve are the first ancestors of the people that cacs say are 100% human. Adam and Eves creation story is about them not everyone on earth…

invalid

Banned
Daps
Knock it off (respectfully) :russ:

Jesus is a NT gentile creation. Nobody knew about a Jesus in the OT because he didn’t exist to them.

oh look, we got a visit from captain obvious.
why do you all feign to understand Christianity when actually you don't?

mattw1313

Superstar
Daps
stop reading the Bible like you think cacs wrote it.

there's figure of speech and slang in there

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
From an atheist philosophical perspective, the "Good" created God, not humans. If you don't know what the "Good" is, look it up.

But I will accept your answer with respect to the Erzulis.

The “GOOD”? :whoo:

Interesting :ohhh:

I’ve never heard of this type of belief. Is it from a movie like the “force” in Star Wars :jbhmm:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
seems like god let that happen
Let what happen.

God also lets men believe their own nonsense so you should start being receptive to good brother before you get cut off. It's a long road back when you're in bed with the devil and if you in there to long it can seem like, there's no road back. That's when God's really getting tired of you.