Can any Christian / Jew explain this?

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Aha! I had my suspicions that you were attempting to connect הוּא hu (the masculine singular nominative pronoun 'he') with the Egyptian 'Hu' (properly Ḥu or Ħu, a guttural sound similar to a heavily aspirated h).

One who fails to distinguish between the letters ה (h) and ח () may come to read Y'sha'yahu 8:17 as וְהִכֵּיתִי לַייָ v'hikkeiti ladōnay ('I will strike...') as opposed to וְחִכִּיתִי לַייָ v'ḥikkiti ladōnay ('I will wait for Adōnay')!!!

Remember, in Hebrew transliteration:

The first letter in the Egyptian Ḥu corresponds to the Hebrew letter
ח (), not ה (h)!
so you're saying its pronounced "Cumesses"? not my intent @JoelB

giphy.gif

just ignore my posts :mjcry:

EDIT this whole passage now looks like an anti-masturbation warning now

which is also equivalent to what Shalmanesers name is (The Friendly One is In Front) see 2 Kings 18 I posted to you

they are basically saying, be like Ra friendly and relaxed as if they try to bite you the LORD will spear them like a fish.

but if you think you should hold the spear, then someone else will sit on your boat.

Set is the best teacher :deadrose:

Last edited:

Koichos

Pro
Daps
Reppin
K'lal Yisraʾel
so you're saying its pronounced "Cumesses"? not my intent @JoelB

giphy.gif

just ignore my posts :mjcry:

EDIT this whole passage now looks like an anti-masturbation warning now

Set is the best teacher :deadrose:
I have no idea what 'Cumesses' is or means, but you did write 'Humesses' in post #197, so if you are relating it to the Egyptian Ḥu then surely it ought to be 'Ḥumesses' ('' is harsher than 'h' but not as harsh, rasping as 'ch').

And by 'ch' I am referring to the guttural sound found in Hebrew as well as in certain Scots words—as in: loch (a lake), och aye ('oh, yes!'), and 'tis a braw bricht moonlicht nicht th'nicht (look it up!); not the 'ch' in cheese.

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
I have no idea what 'Cumesses' is or means, but you did write 'Humesses' in post #197, so if you are relating it to the Egyptian Ḥu then surely it ought to be 'Ḥumesses' ('' is harsher than 'h' but not as harsh, rasping as 'ch').

And by 'ch' I am referring to the guttural sound found in Hebrew as well as in certain Scots words—as in: loch (a lake), och aye ('oh, yes!'), and 'tis a braw bricht moonlicht nicht th'nicht (look it up!); not the 'ch' in cheese.
:whew: that makes me feel better

Hu was supposedly the word of creation, so in theory Djedkhau Humesses isn't just an eternal name but an eternally stable name :wow:

Last edited:

Koichos

Pro
Daps
Reppin
K'lal Yisraʾel
:whew: that makes me feel better

Hu was supposedly the word of creation, so in theory Djedkhau Humesses isn't just an eternal name but an eternally stable name :wow:

[MUSIC REDACTED]

[MUSIC REDACTED]
No clicks during the Three Weeks of mourning between 17th Tammuz/6th July ('the fourth month's fast') and 9th Av/27th July ('the fifth month's fast') - music being one of the activities/pleasures from which we abstain.

Four solemn fast-days (17th Tammuz, 9th Av, 3rd Tishri, 10th Ṭévét) were decreed by our prophets following the destruction of the first Jewish Temple. In the Messianic Era, however, they will become joyous festivals.

• Dap
Reactions: MMS