Albums Cam'ron - Purple Haze 2 (Discussion Thread)

BronxFleeZ

We here man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gun Hill Forreal
I
i'm sitting back vividly remembering the first time I heard come on home wit early 90's it wasn't pearly or shiny I was certainly grimy

:mjcry:
the feeling that went through my soul back then when I chose hip hop over everything, nothing I hear today can restore that feeling....

Cause I ain't have no fresh clothes :wow:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
:stopitslime:
452167.jpg

I see why you say that tho fam :yeshrug:
I agree. Losing Weight Pt.>>the OG then you got classics like Welcome to NYC, Oh Boy, Hey Ma, Cam over Ambitionz AZ A Ridah, Come Home With Me, smooth Daydreamin', hilarious Freekey Zeeky skit, Kay Slay shyt talking.

Classic :ahh:

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
Ever since Cam fell out with Jim Jones, he been :trash: Say what you want about Jim Jones, but dude had a swag that Cam lacked. Jim is who really shaped the whole Dipset movement. He was a hype man but he had considerable influence on the presentation - music, clothes, etc. - of the group. Jim's mix tapes > Cam's.

:manny: A real Dip fan knows this. He was always that dude that added extra. Reinvented Juelz too. Told him to take his clothes three sizes smaller, low and behold he light weight sold some records. He's the only Dip to withstand the times.

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
Ever since Cam fell out with Jim Jones, he been :trash: Say what you want about Jim Jones, but dude had a swag that Cam lacked. Jim is who really shaped the whole Dipset movement. He was a hype man but he had considerable influence on the presentation - music, clothes, etc. - of the group. Jim's mix tapes > Cam's.

Im not saying your fully wrong, but Cam was def the brains behind a good portion of dipset shyt..

Jimmy might have added ingredients, but Cam was the bread and butter...

That was proven when Jimmy and Juelz ran back to Cam after their respective companies went nowhere...And Jim had 2 nikkas that people actually gravitated towards...And he still couldn't capitalize..

Camron just has no consistent passion anymore...He might put some shyt out, but he is just going thru the motions...You can blame age, the dipset fallout, hud 6 dying , the jay beef/blackballing, the tru life incident, the vado fallout, boredom...

He still shows glimpses but its not on a constant basis

Camron has way other things on his table before music even comes to his mind..

Jimmy has way more incentive to keep making good music...

I doubt he has any other ventures and if his music fails, how is he gonna keep melly matrix around?:patrice:

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
I like "All My N!ggas" w/Busta & "Hate Music", I'm not sure what else got left off though. I actually prefer the "What Means The World" hook to "Gimme Some Head" though.
bytches ain't shyt, some other remake. I want to say a R. Kelly joint but in not sure.

The Dust King

A Childrens Story
Daps
Reppin
the tri-state
expected this years ago my nikka can't catch a break music wise and I know it probably hurts

nikka literally tried every lane to ressurect his career to no avail. unsuccessful beefs wit nas, jayz and 50 cent to all sorts of non ventures to wearin a cape of fur and having THREE Dipset reunions (the 2nd concert was actually under nas at rock the bells)

cam never gave me the feeling that he a hiphop fan first which affected his music imo

I liked that just blaze dips record but fck it

cookies and applejuice should've told y'all nikkaz

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
summer 2015 ? that means fall 2016 in Cam time.

he must really be serious about being a last album because he said somewhere theres no real point in putting an album out right now unless you're new with a growing fanbase or some shyt like that.

he was only putting music (and its nearly all from the stash) out to go with other stuff he's pumpin..clothing/socks etc.
thats why he put the EP's out to go along with the First Of The Month episodes but Bang got locked up.

as for the actual album, expectations are low but if he gets the right production team he can pull it off...
Lil Fame, Alc, Jus Blaze, Kanye (if Cam managed to work with Just again, Ye would word with Cam again easy) all guys he's worked with before and then araabMuzik and Harry Fraud..get Ye, Pusha and Ghostface features and it could potentially be.

:blessed:

it's no surprise that he's sounded dope on the stuff he's done with A-Trak as he has someone to put a fire in his belly..everything else, he's sounded like he's just going through the motions..though in his words, the one of the few reasons he came back with Crime Pays was because he couldn't help himself rapping.

he just needs to be motivated.

that's, that's just...vulgar - Jay-Z :sadcam:

Last edited:

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
Where the fukk is federal Reserve?

was supposed to come out in July not long after they did their show at Terminal 6 but Cam launched First Of The Month and A-Trak been touring so it's up in the air.
Cam, gotta call Harry Fraud. I can set it up. :wow:

i don't know if he's forgot or something but supposedly he's got them in stash.
i vaguely remember them tweeting each other and Fraud sent them to him.

would agree with this to an extent.

cam never gave me the feeling that he a hiphop fan first which affected his music imo

really ? he was struck me as a big fan just off the amount of references to other rappers and that video of him walking through Staten talking about Ghostface etc.

always surprised me he never went out of his way to work with other legendary rappers/producers though.
he always kept it close to home.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
killa season >>> purple haze

i rather have a killa season 2 to go with th movie sequel that was supposed to come out.

The Dust King

A Childrens Story
Daps
Reppin
the tri-state
was supposed to come out in July not long after they did their show at Terminal 6 but Cam launched First Of The Month and A-Trak been touring so it's up in the air.

i don't know if he's forgot or something but supposedly he's got them in stash.
i vaguely remember them tweeting each other and Fraud sent them to him.

would agree with this to an extent.

really ? he was struck me as a big fan just off the amount of references to other rappers and that video of him walking through Staten talking about Ghostface etc.

always surprised me he never went out of his way to work with other legendary rappers/producers though.
he always kept it close to home.

ever since he switched his style up post 2001 every year that go by is worse for me as a fan.

last joint i really was feelin ws the public enemy

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
It'll be trash but I'll pretend its fire
This pretty much sums up the Coli's attitude towards post Killa Season Cam

O yea, BOAB was trash too :artumad:

And if Cam says its an album coming summer 2015, it's gonna be an EP coming out spring 2019 :camby: His shyt talking is impeccable but his follow through is BASURA

And this is all coming from a dude who still says PH1 is a top 5 NY disc of all time