Albums Cam'ron - Purple Haze 2 (Discussion Thread)

RichYung

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
was supposed to come out in July not long after they did their show at Terminal 6 but Cam launched First Of The Month and A-Trak been touring so it's up in the air.

i don't know if he's forgot or something but supposedly he's got them in stash.
i vaguely remember them tweeting each other and Fraud sent them to him.

would agree with this to an extent.

really ? he was struck me as a big fan just off the amount of references to other rappers and that video of him walking through Staten talking about Ghostface etc.

always surprised me he never went out of his way to work with other legendary rappers/producers though.
he always kept it close to home.
It has to happen.

Wepa Man

Ramblings Of An Angry Old Man
Supporter
Daps
XmWOvfs.png
Yup

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
naaaaah i disliked that album especially compared to the bootleg. nikka the difference is nas i am type
If u cut down the retail to like 14 tracks its a classic

There was a lot of BS on it tho I cant lie

What was on the bootleg.... what wasnt on those Diplomats mixtapes

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Cam never progressed as a rapper after Come Home with Me Honestly. I absolutely loved Purple Haze, but it was mostly empty hippop music sadly.

SDE was probably is overall best album. Lyrically dope and crazy metaphors and stories.

Homer Simpson

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i was actually gonna make a thread about classic hip hop references that dipset has made over the years, jim makes a ton

and we the goonies, b. so loony, see?
old school cats, only listen to spoonie gee:gladbron:

harlem :blessed:

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
expected this years ago my nikka can't catch a break music wise and I know it probably hurts

nikka literally tried every lane to ressurect his career to no avail. unsuccessful beefs wit nas, jayz and 50 cent to all sorts of non ventures to wearin a cape of fur and having THREE Dipset reunions (the 2nd concert was actually under nas at rock the bells)

cam never gave me the feeling that he a hiphop fan first which affected his music imo

I liked that just blaze dips record but fck it

cookies and applejuice should've told y'all nikkaz

he has rapped on some beats that technically very few rappers could pull off...He has always pushed himself which was evident in the Purple Haze era..That nikka was on another level

The battles on wax against nas, jay, and 50 proved to me he was hip hop...

Them nikkas playing politics instead of properly battling on wax and taking their L's made me question their hip hop passes...

He has appeared on ciphers with cats who were considered elite during their times...From the Fantastic 4 to the joint with KRS-1..

I think the music politics took his energy away..Especially the Jay situation...How would you feel if you worked hard to get to the top to see a nikka keep you down because he feels threatened by you??

And there's nothing you could do...

Then 50 splitting up the dips, to tru life, and then crime pays....:sadcam: