Albums Cam'ron - Purple Haze 2 (Discussion Thread)

Braman

Superstar
Daps
:stopitslime: I played it once and never returned to it..

Dipset is the king of snippets that make you go :whew: and the actual project is the exact opposite
Yeaaa some of y’all must be late arrival final dipset fans :patrice:

Everybody has their taste but it’s 16 tracks ain’t no way you a Dip/Cam fan and deaded the whole album

Same for folk who throw away Cam’s post dipset era. He did way more than just Boss of all bosses. Public enemy #1 has fire (Child of the ghetto? :mjtf:)….Crime Pays, Ghetto Heaven. Even the skits were still funny. Cam never fell off. It just stopped being popular to fw him and nggas followed suit

Tha_Mac

and this is Life As Tha Mac
Daps

Everybody has their taste but it’s 16 tracks ain’t no way you a Dip/Cam fan and deaded the whole album

Same for folk who throw away Cam’s post dipset era. He did way more than just Boss of all bosses. Public enemy #1 has fire (Child of the ghetto? :mjtf:)….Crime Pays, Ghetto Heaven. Even the skits were still funny. Cam never fell off. It just stopped being popular to fw him and nggas followed suit

I got all those shyts and still bump tracks off all of them today :myman:

EDIT: Even Gunz N Butta with Vado was flames

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION

Public Enemy was fire...

The stuff with Vado was decent..

Crime pays and all the other cam solo mixtapes/albums are subpar with flashes of cam mixed in...

Everything start crumbling methodically after Tru life and the pool video..

His voice is shot
The confidence/arrogance is shaky
The beat selection is suspect which makes the cheap mixing stand out more...

If you tell me you dropping a sequel to an album I loved and I get that in return, I'm gonna be way more harsh than if you named it something else

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Public Enemy was fire...

The stuff with Vado was decent..

Crime pays and all the other cam solo mixtapes/albums are subpar with flashes of cam mixed in...

Everything start crumbling methodically after Tru life and the pool video..

His voice is shot
The confidence/arrogance is shaky
The beat selection is suspect which makes the cheap mixing stand out more...

If you tell me you dropping a sequel to an album I loved and I get that in return, I'm gonna be way more harsh than if you named it something else
Agree to disagree. It’s easy to romanticize ‘old Cam’ but he’s always been up n down. Bc he takes chances. SDE and Confessions of fire are up and down. Come home with me and purple haze are the solo upper echelon albums in his discography….but then he also had killa season which was up and down. You had Diplomatic immunity :wow: then you had diplomatic immunity 2:martin:

A ton of mixtape tracks over :patrice:beats and playful hooks that sometimes miss. Ie Hey Ma remix:huhldup: That’s the Cam experience and never really changed Imo.