Albums Cam'ron - Purple Haze 2 (Discussion Thread)

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
from Miss Info;
http://www.missinfo.tv/index.php/camron-announces-retirement-and-future-plans-exclusive/

With the DJ Atrak x Cam’ron Federal Reserve project still unreleased, and a recent flow of hood movies and mixtapes…is Cam’ron really retiring from rap?

I reached out to Cam to get more details and here’s a short version of our convo…

Info: Are you really going to retire from rap?
Cam: Yeah. It’s a wrap. Time to move on.

*pours out a little sizzurp*

Info: Well, you made yourself a legend, and the music will last forever. So what will you focus on next?
Cam: Thanks, Min. Movies and clothing are doing really well for me right now. I’m helping Mendeecees [Yandy’s husband from Love and Hip Hop NY] with his album. And…I’m building a club in Vegas.

On the one hand, I think it’s pretty ballsy for an artist to look at the landscape around him and make an active move to not hold onto some nostalgia of past glory…that’s a mistake that many great artists make. Do I think that this move is premature? Maybe. I think that Cam has more signature lines and strong verses left in him. Dipshyts was one of my favorite songs of 2014 and that came out of nowhere.

:ehh:

Mendeecees has an album coming out ? :stopitslime: :mjlol:

Bickin Back Being Bool

The Devil My Opp
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto, Kanada
from Miss Info;
http://www.missinfo.tv/index.php/camron-announces-retirement-and-future-plans-exclusive/

With the DJ Atrak x Cam’ron Federal Reserve project still unreleased, and a recent flow of hood movies and mixtapes…is Cam’ron really retiring from rap?

I reached out to Cam to get more details and here’s a short version of our convo…

Info: Are you really going to retire from rap?
Cam: Yeah. It’s a wrap. Time to move on.

*pours out a little sizzurp*

Info: Well, you made yourself a legend, and the music will last forever. So what will you focus on next?
Cam: Thanks, Min. Movies and clothing are doing really well for me right now. I’m helping Mendeecees [Yandy’s husband from Love and Hip Hop NY] with his album. And…I’m building a club in Vegas.

On the one hand, I think it’s pretty ballsy for an artist to look at the landscape around him and make an active move to not hold onto some nostalgia of past glory…that’s a mistake that many great artists make. Do I think that this move is premature? Maybe. I think that Cam has more signature lines and strong verses left in him. Dipshyts was one of my favorite songs of 2014 and that came out of nowhere.

:ehh:

Mendeecees has an album coming out ? :stopitslime: :mjlol:

i think he should focus on clothing too, that dipset eagle still sells gears

thank you cam for all those dope years in hip hop, you will be missed :mjcry:

Uncle Trill

Hendrix 3:16
Daps
Im glad everyone thinks itll be shyt, that means itll exceed our expectations and we'l all be pleasantly surprised.

If everyone hypes it up, itll be a dissapointment because we have such large expectations.

BreezyH

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
cam needs a good exec. producer and he'd be ight. sometimes he gets too goofy, but he's more than capable of dropping heat

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
i got faith in cam. when hes inspired he still can rap his ass off...and he's clearly a fan and lover of hip-hop so he knows how important it'll be to make this album right. he'll mix in jim/juelz as appropriate..maybe have a couple other high profile features and he will definitely have araab/a-trak and just blaze do at least half the album combined if not more. idk what heatmakerz are up to..dame doesnt have the pull he used to but he's gonna be involved and will certainly help. people didnt have that much faith in OBFCL2 and that was fire so it wouldnt be unprecedented for an "older" rapper to drop a gem sequel. its gonna be quality..maybe not classic but definitely quality