Cam Newton ain’t buying the hype with NFL QBs

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Homer take. Go through the game thread. The truth is there.
There are people comparing him to Young and Montana. This performance not even on the level of Kaepernick and Kaep got obliterated by fans. There is a racial component that no one wants to talk about but I’m good with it’s. Just bring home the Chip.
Read these two posts, I’ll Apple Pay you a dub rn if u show me who said that lmfao

This the second post in a row yall done mentioned the game thread, it may be time for some of u to explore life outside the coli

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
The Brady comparisons are bad. Like enormously bad.

I used to be a big Tom Brady hater. What made dude so shytty to cheer against is you know basically every time that guy actually got a throw off it was practically a completion or it was going in the right direction off a good read. Enormously annoying when you cheered against them and enormously relieving when you were cheering for them. I didn't get that sense from Purdy (and to be honest nobody else except maybe prime Peyton).

Purdy doesn't give me the "overall" sense of a great QB, however last night dude did give me the sense of a clutch QB and that's all you need to win a Super Bowl. A lot of these play-off games are coaches managing time to get a last minute game-winning drive and Purdy did that.

To me at this point Purdy is closer comparison to Eli Manning than Tom Brady. That ain't too bad to be honest. Being able to shake off a poor performance to drop in at the end and make big passes to not let your team down after they kept it close is a great trait.
You're trying to compare Tom Brady with 23 seasons under his belt to Brock Purdy with 1.5 seasons under his belt. You have to compare them at the same point in their career. You say the comparison is bad because Brady always made good reads and throws, yet as I pointed out upthread Brady actually had a higher interception percentage than Brock at this point in his career, and he had a 64% completion rate to Brock's 68%. Brady had an 87 QB rating to Brock's 111.

You say Purdy doesn't give the overall sense of a great QB. Ok, and no one was deathly afraid of Tom Brady at the start of the 2003 season either. No one was saying Brady was going to be an all time GOAT after his 21st game. Only guys I can think of who got that designation to start their careers are Mahomes and Luck. Hell, even Stroud is on a better trajectory than Brady was.

That's an interesting comp with Eli though. Could be true! Brady didn't become a GOAT by throwing for 5000 yards every year of his career like Mahomes, he became a GOAT by starting his career doing exactly what Purdy did last night. Clutch, game winning drives that are designed to produce wins and rings not first team all-pros and MVPs.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Y’all some pussies who live your life on a website

Retarded nikka said I didn’t watch the game cuz I didn’t post in the game thread

Funny thing is u nikkas be in your 40s posting shyt like that, go be with your family fakkit
i dont give a fukk what he said. Im telling you u are a retard for saying Brock is the best QB in the NFC :camby:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
You're trying to compare Tom Brady with 23 seasons under his belt to Brock Purdy with 1.5 seasons under his belt. You have to compare them at the same point in their career. You say the comparison is bad because Brady always made good reads and throws, yet as I pointed out upthread Brady actually had a higher interception percentage than Brock at this point in his career, and he had a 64% completion rate to Brock's 68%. Brady had an 87 QB rating to Brock's 111.

You say Purdy doesn't give the overall sense of a great QB. Ok, and no one was deathly afraid of Tom Brady at the start of the 2003 season either. No one was saying Brady was going to be an all time GOAT after his 21st game. Only guys I can think of who got that designation to start their careers are Mahomes and Luck. Hell, even Stroud is on a better trajectory than Brady was.

That's an interesting comp with Eli though. Could be true! Brady didn't become a GOAT by throwing for 5000 yards every year of his career like Mahomes, he became a GOAT by starting his career doing exactly what Purdy did last night. Clutch, game winning drives that are designed to produce wins and rings not first team all-pros and MVPs.
I'll also say Brady didn't put up great numbers early on, but he didn't have the weapons Purdy has had either. A lot of Brady's INT's were tipped throws or great plays by the defense.

Dude's main guys were Corey Dillon and Deion Branch while Peyton had the weapons to put up monster seasons.

By the end of 2003 people were shook of Brady. That was the 12-game winning streak going into the play-offs. That was basically the start of Brady being known as Brady.

I still remember this game from that year. That touchdown throw to end the game was :wow:

The defender had zero chance at that ball - it was a dot on front of the end zone:

Purdy can get there and everyone got their chance to, but comparing dude to Brady right now kind of feels incomplete.
2003 was the year Brady completely took the spotlight from Peyton when he annihilated him in Foxboro.

Maybe when we look back this is the game he does that to Jordan Love?
We don't know, but that year is when Brady won a 2nd Super Bowl.
Dude needs to punch it this year if fans want that Brady comparison to stay close to 1-to-1.

Last edited:

Unemployed GM

All Star
Daps
The Brady comparisons are bad. Like enormously bad.

I used to be a big Tom Brady hater. What made dude so shytty to cheer against is you know basically every time that guy actually got a throw off it was practically a completion or it was going in the right direction off a good read. Throws with great accuracy hitting players right on the dot ~9/10. Enormously annoying when you cheered against them and enormously relieving when you were cheering for them. I didn't get that sense from Purdy (and to be honest nobody else except maybe prime Peyton).

Purdy doesn't give me the "overall" sense of a great QB, however last night dude did give me the sense of a clutch QB and that's all you need to win a Super Bowl. A lot of these play-off games are coaches managing time to get a last minute game-winning drive and Purdy did that.

To me at this point Purdy is closer comparison to Eli Manning than Tom Brady. That ain't too bad to be honest. Being able to shake off a poor performance to drop in at the end and make big passes to not let your team down after they fought to keep it close is a great trait. A lot of overall good QB's don't have that and it's cost them during the play-offs.

Final edit:
Additionally, I will say to do that without one of your main weapons is something nobody is talking about.

When Deebo went down a lot of people thought the game was lost. Making a game-winning drive without your key guy is pretty tough.
:ohhh: You know what at first I thought they was just trying to boost his confidence, but I think Shanahan actually believes what you wrote. They really trying to put the team on his back.

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
Purdy missed a lot of throws last night, a few of them should have been ints. His arm is not strong and had this been in cold Wisconsin he would have struggled.

If SF had Love this game would have been a blowout.

The only thing Purdy has in common with Brady is that he's white.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Not just the most important drive of the game, it was the most important drive of the season and his career.

Biggest game of your career, playoff football, playing in the rain, losing one of your best offensive players, 32 yard dime TD rolling out of the pocket on the move (notice no one is talking about this), no turnovers, multiple clutch 3rd down conversions, manufactured a game winning drive. For most other QBs it would just be considered a "gritty win". There's no way that can be considered a terrible performance. There's just no way. I don't care how many "would have should have" almost interceptions. Yes, they were bad plays but you need to have them actually be turnovers to get the "terrible" tag put on the entire performance. Mind you, this was one of the worst games he's played in his career. But people are desperate to knock Purdy down a peg because they believe he shouldn't be playing well. He shouldn't be as good as he is. It is what it is. :francis:
These mafukkas expect you to put up 420 yards on 33-42 passing and 5 tds in the pouring rain in the playoffs against a hungry defense with a good scheme. Also without possibly your best offensive weapon too. Some folks just will never give Purdy credit, just like some never gave Brady credit and said it was BB's system. Just got to let them have it.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
:ohhh: You know what at first I thought they was just trying to boost his confidence, but I think Shanahan actually believes what you wrote. They really trying to put the team on his back.
So much of play-off football is that. That's why so many 4th quarters are can't miss games.

When you got a QB who can do that then you know you can play for that final drive. That's why some coaches will start letting the blitzes fly when they need a stop with ~5:00-8:00 minutes left in the 4th. They'll dial three straight blitzes out of nowhere in the early/mid 4th quarter in a close game and start clock-killing drive.

Maybe at the end they have the ball or they'd score leaving a small window open that they think the other QB can't make anything happen in that time.

I actually thought the Niners scored a little early yesterday because Jordan Love does seem like that QB, but that throw was yikes.

When the other team got that QB too though that's when you get some truly crazy classic games.
You can see the chess match happening where two coaches are trying to get that same window.

Last edited:

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
It’s just people being lazy. White baby faced late round pick. Who you think the good old boys want as the face of the league him or Lamar :mjlol:
No, comparing him to other GOATs like Dan Marino or Brett Favre or John Elway would be lazy because he doesn't play like them. Brock has a similar game as Brady and Montana. We're not talking about accomplishments, we're talking about play style. Brady, Montana and Brock all got the "system QB" tag because they don't have the athletic talent to go out and make shyt happen like an Elway or Marino or Favre. It's also no coincidence that Brady and Montana are considered to have had the two greatest coaches of all time, and Brock is also a beneficiary of a coach considered to be elite. With Montana and Brady, their most elite traits are considered to be processing and accuracy, which are Brock's two highest traits as well. They were also known to be super clutch and playoff performers. Which is where Brock is trending as well with his 3-1 (fake L) playoff record by his second season. Again, if anything, the comparison is a little disrespectful to the amount that Brock is asked to do (see: air yards and league leading stats).

Last edited:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
No, comparing him to other GOATs like Dan Marino or Brett Favre or John Elway would be lazy because he doesn't play like them. Brock has a similar game as Brady and Montana. We're not talking about accomplishments, we're talking about play style. Brady, Montana and Brock all got the "system QB" tag because they don't have the athletic talent to go out and make shyt happen like an Elway or Marino or Favre. It's also no coincidence that Brady and Montana are considered to have had the two greatest coaches of all time, and Brock is also a beneficiary of a coach considered to be elite. With Montana and Brady, their most elite traits are considered to be processing and accuracy, which are Brock's two highest traits as well. They were also known to be super clutch and playoff performers. Which is where Brock is trending as well with his 3-1 (fake L) playoff record by his second season. Again, if anything, the comparison is a little disrespectful to the amount that Brock is asked to do (see: air yards and league leading stats).
:whoo: well gone head and talk your shyt big dog

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
The only QB I'm halfway impressed by these days is Mahomes.CJ Stroud with a lil more experience under his belt could be that guy.Other than that, the rest of these dudes are just too inconsistent.They all lean more to the game manager side imo.

I feel this, none of these qbs outside of Mahomes would be top 5 qbs 10-15 years ago