Cam Newton ain’t buying the hype with NFL QBs

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Purdy played like crap all game. The last drive he completed a couple routine passes and had a 10 yard scramble. That was it.

Forget that we started running the ball and CMC got 2 TDs or Greenkaw had 2 picks. The story is How amazing Brock is. It tells you how badly people want to push the “send” button on their rewritten narratives. If we lost it would be blame the DC, blame the kicker, blame the rain.
Routine passes lol that 3rd down pass to Aiyuk was routine? What about the one to cuz from Purdue in the cover 2 hole shot?

Nobody said he had an amazing game, he balled in the clutch something Jimmy G routinely failed to do it

Y’all try to discredit QBs for making the right play, the romanticization of the position gotta stop

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The only thing they have in common is being the last pick in the draft.

Genuine question, why? You just admitted Brady was a game manager early in his career, so what was he doing by this point in his career that Brock isn't doing that makes the reference "utterly ridiculous" when the main reference point is the fact that they were both late round picks who have racked up incredible early success?

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Routine passes lol that 3rd down pass to Aiyuk was routine? What about the one to cuz from Purdue in the cover 2 hole shot?

Nobody said he had an amazing game, he balled in the clutch something Jimmy G routinely failed to do it

Y’all try to discredit QBs for making the right play, the romanticization of the position gotta stop

Do you watch other QBs? Stop being a homer.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
He ain’t keepin it a buck, terrible is crazy, whole offense was looking like mid once Deebo dropped

Calling the most important drive of the game “a good drive” is BS lol he coulda easily threw the game away like Love did

Purdy got y’all vexxed, nikkas still talkin bout weapons like Kittle wasn’t dropping shyt and Deebo was out
I guess you right my guy. Brock is him :whew:

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
He ain’t keepin it a buck, terrible is crazy, whole offense was looking like mid once Deebo dropped

Calling the most important drive of the game “a good drive” is BS lol he coulda easily threw the game away like Love did

Purdy got y’all vexxed, nikkas still talkin bout weapons like Kittle wasn’t dropping shyt and Deebo was out
Not just the most important drive of the game, it was the most important drive of the season and his career.

Biggest game of your career, playoff football, playing in the rain, losing one of your best offensive players, 32 yard dime TD rolling out of the pocket on the move (notice no one is talking about this), no turnovers, multiple clutch 3rd down conversions, manufactured a game winning drive. For most other QBs it would just be considered a "gritty win". There's no way that can be considered a terrible performance. There's just no way. I don't care how many "would have should have" almost interceptions. Yes, they were bad plays but you need to have them actually be turnovers to get the "terrible" tag put on the entire performance. Mind you, this was one of the worst games he's played in his career. But people are desperate to knock Purdy down a peg because they believe he shouldn't be playing well. He shouldn't be as good as he is. It is what it is. :francis:

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Homer take. Go through the game thread. The truth is there.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
The Brady comparisons are bad. Like enormously bad.

I used to be a big Tom Brady hater. What made dude so shytty to cheer against is you know basically every time that guy actually got a throw off it was practically a completion or it was going in the right direction off a good read. Throws with great accuracy hitting players right on the dot ~9/10, all they had to do was haul in the pass. Enormously annoying when you cheered against them and enormously relieving when you were cheering for them. I didn't get that sense from Purdy (and to be honest nobody else except maybe prime Peyton).

Purdy doesn't give me the "overall" sense of a great QB, however last night dude did give me the sense of a clutch QB and that's all you need to win a Super Bowl. A lot of these play-off games come down to coaches managing time to get a last minute game-winning drive and Purdy did that.

To me at this point Purdy is closer comparison to Eli Manning than Tom Brady. That ain't too bad to be honest. Being able to shake off a poor performance to drop in at the end and make big passes to not let your team down after they fought to keep it close is a great trait. A lot of overall good QB's don't have that and it's cost them during the play-offs.

Final edit:
Additionally, I will say to do that without one of your main weapons is something nobody is talking about.

When Deebo went down a lot of people thought the game was lost. Making a game-winning drive without your key guy is pretty tough.

Last edited:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
The Brady comparisons are bad.

To me at this point Purdy is closer comparison to Eli Manning than Tom Brady.
Good comparison. Whiner fans won’t care as long as he gets them their first bowl since the pac had the west coast on fire. Only difference is Eli would actually throw picks. Ironically purdy used to throw picks in college but they dropping all of them in the league :russ:

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The Brady comparisons are bad. Like enormously bad.

I used to be a big Tom Brady hater. What made dude so shytty to cheer against is you know basically every time that guy actually got a throw off it was basically a completion or it was going in the right direction. I didn't get that sense from Purdy (and to be honest nobody else except maybe prime Peyton).

Purdy doesn't give me the "overall" sense of a great QB, however last night dude did give me the sense of a clutch QB and that's all you need to win a Super Bowl. A lot of these play-off games are coaches managing time to get a last minute game-winning drive and Purdy did that.

To me at this point Purdy is closer comparison to Eli Manning than Tom Brady. That ain't too bad to be honest. Being able to shake off a poor performance to drop in at the end and make big passes to not let your team down after they kept it close is a great trait.

Exactly. I can’t remember Brady throwing so many dropped picks either. And this is with far less offensive talent on the field. People try to shoehorn these comparisons and it gets annoying.

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
The only thing they have in common is being the last pick in the draft.
So you believe early career Tom Brady was routinely putting up elite production?

When you watch this with your actual eyes, do you honestly believe this is beyond what Purdy has shown himself to be capable of?

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Exactly. I can’t remember Brady throwing so many dropped picks either. And this is with far less offensive talent on the field. People try to shoehorn these comparisons and it gets annoying.
It’s just people being lazy. White baby faced late round pick. Who you think the good old boys want as the face of the league him or Lamar :mjlol:

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So you believe early career Tom Brady was routinely putting up elite production?

When you watch this with your actual eyes, do you honestly believe this is beyond what Purdy has shown himself to be capable of?

We live in a time where production at the qb position is at an all time high. I don’t subscribe to any of the Brady references.