Cam Newton ain’t buying the hype with NFL QBs

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Beginning to wonder if the Purdy hype due to him being seen as a “great white hope“. He’s a goods player on a great team. I will say I never understood “game manager” as diss. That is the QBs job to manage the game.

A lot of it is not football related.

The fact that he’s white, regular dude and an underdog. That shyt resonates with a lot of people including white people. The pumping is insane. I get it when he balls out. Sure. But when he doesn’t out come all the excuses and if we win, it’s like all the issues and mistakes are wiped clean.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
People were fawning over Brady against the Rams because they were underdogs (14 points?) and it was the Superbowl.

Goal post moving. Rams offense got shut down until the 4th quarter by Beli's defense. That had nothing to do with Brady. The only thing Brady did all game was "game manage" his way into a drive that set up a FG.

See how that works? Lmaoooo y'all can't keep your stories straight.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Beginning to wonder if the Purdy hype due to him being seen as a “great white hope“. He’s a goods player on a great team. I will say I never understood “game manager” as diss. That is the QBs job to manage the game.
Beginning? :mjlol:

The NFL has Tom Brady 2.0 on their hands. Don’t let this nikka get two weeks of pre Super Bowl hype :mjlol:

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
He's a good player on a great team. He may be a great QB one day, but for right now he's really good, and most importantly for SF fans, good enough.

Anyone saying he's great or he's fraudulent are being hyperbolic.

Not everything is either trash or a 10/10. Sometimes something/someone is a 7/10 and that's fine.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Goal post moving. Rams offense got shut down until the 4th quarter by Beli's defense. That had nothing to do with Brady. The only thing Brady did all game was "game manage" his way into a drive that set up a FG.

See how that works? Lmaoooo y'all can't keep your stories straight.

Brady was a game manager early in his career. I remember it like it was yesterday. I still think the Brock/Brady references are utterly ridiculous though.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Your an idiot for calling Brock the best QB in the NFC. Talking about mental illness :dead:
There are people comparing him to Young and Montana. This performance not even on the level of Kaepernick and Kaep got obliterated by fans. There is a racial component that no one wants to talk about but I’m good with it’s. Just bring home the Chip.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Brady was a game manager early in his career. I remember it like it was yesterday. I still think the Brock/Brady references are utterly ridiculous though.

Nobody thinks Purdy is Brady so what are you talking about? You were always a Jimmy G stan, that was always strange to me. We are discussing when a QB deserves some credit and when he doesn't. If you are going to give Brady credit for games like the snow game against the Raiders then Purdy deserves credit for engineering a game winning drive last night.

It's pretty simple.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nobody thinks Purdy is Brady so what are you talking about? You were always a Jimmy G stan, that was always strange to me. We are discussing when a QB deserves some credit and when he doesn't. If you are going to give Brady credit for games like the snow game against the Raiders then Purdy deserves credit for engineering a game winning drive last night.

It's pretty simple.

Go on Twitter.

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
Brady was that dude. Game manager narrative was media driven trying to diminish brady's accomplishment because he never put up gaudy numbers.
This is exactly what's happening to Brock even though he IS putting up elite numbers :heh:

Purdy makes way too many mistakes and bad throws. Brady wasn't anything like this. Purdy is a pretty good QB but he's not young Brady.
Social media has given us goldfish memories. How can you say Purdy "makes too many mistakes and bad throws" when the has the highest QB rating and QBR in the league? I thought the whole critique was that he's a game managing system QB which is why his lack of mistakes and elite stats are misleading?

To say Tom Brady wasn't anything like this is a massive stretch. People are confusing 2nd half career Brady for 1st half career Brady. He wasn't Mahomes out of the gate. He wasn't putting the team on his back when his offensive production was limited to 1 TD and .5 INT per game over his first 2 playoff runs. He never led the league in QB rating until his 7th season, something that Brock just did in his second. Want to talk mistakes and bad throws? Brady had a 2.5 int% over his first 2 seasons, Brock's has been 2.4%. Brady had a 4.5 TD% while Brock's had 7.2%. So at this point in his career Brady had been turning the ball over more than Brock while putting up less points than Brock. Which is why he had an 86 QB rating over his first 2 seasons while Brock has has 111.4, currently the highest of all time.

It's pretty evident why the comparison to a young Brady is apt for Purdy. They're both physically limited late round QBs who came out of nowhere to play hyper-efficient ball within the bounds of their offensive system and put their teams in positions to rack up wins without shouldering the majority of the team's weight (for Brock it's the supporting cast on offense, for Brady it was Beli's defense). If anything, comparing Brock to Brady at this point in their careers is disrespectful to Brock because he's doing more work than Brady was.

King Kreole

Daps
I still think the Brock/Brady references are utterly ridiculous though.
Genuine question, why? You just admitted Brady was a game manager early in his career, so what was he doing by this point in his career that Brock isn't doing that makes the reference "utterly ridiculous" when the main reference point is the fact that they were both late round picks who have racked up incredible early success?

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Genuine question, why? You just admitted Brady was a game manager early in his career, so what was he doing by this point in his career that Brock isn't doing that makes the reference "utterly ridiculous" when the main reference point is the fact that they were both late round picks who have racked up incredible early success?

@JLova was a Jimmy G stan and then he hitched his wagon to Trey Lance. He'd rather the 49ers lose and Purdy have a bad game then to admit that Purdy is better than both of them. That's his problem.

If Purdy plays poorly next week, one game is all it will take for this guy to parade around on some "I told you Purdy couldn't do it!" shyt.... weird from a guy who is supposed to be a fan of the team.

King Kreole

Daps
@JLova was a Jimmy G stan and then he hitched his wagon to Trey Lance. He'd rather the 49ers lose and Purdy have a bad game then to admit that Purdy is better than both of them. That's his problem.

If Purdy plays poorly next week, one game is all it will take for this guy to parade around on some "I told you Purdy couldn't do it!" shyt.... weird from a guy who is supposed to be a fan of the team.
I hate to think the worst of a fellow Niner fan so I'm choosing to give our brother the benefit of the doubt and say his nerves about jinxing Purdy's success is what's stopping the scales falling from his eyes and seeing what is right before him :hubie: