Calling it now, these traditional consoles will start winding down by late 2016

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I honestly don't get these "Consoles are doomed, phones are the way" posts. I mean, yea you got a few titles that rake in big bucks on the mobile scene, but are you forgetting about the THOUSANDS of other failed games that are on the market?? Also the demographics for mobile gamers and console gamers aren't readily comparable. Everyone has phones, everyone doesn't have consoles but the amount of those who invest into consoles are pretty loyal.

Edit:
Also it just so happens to be people play games on phones but nobody is going, "Yo I'm about to cop that new Iphone so I can play candy crush 2." :smh: I've never heard of someone replacing a console with a phone for gaming. Oh and that Amazon firetv thingy?? Nobody is buying that instead of a PS4/XboxOne or even Wii U. That's the type of thing someone buys later down the line for supplementing, not outright replacing.

Last edited:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
i love how people think it wont happen

10 years ago this was the best selling cell phone out was a bar nokia and a motorala razr both with wap browsers

these graphics were considered good

gta-san-andreas.jpg

blockbuster wsa still around and kicking

netflix was shipping out dvds and streaming was almost nill to many.

videogame consoles havent even been around fro 50 years, it can be killed off at any time.

hell 10 years ago how many people had a tablet? computers and laptops used to cost thousands and thousands of dollars now you can build a pc that plays top of he line games for cheap, you can buy a top of the line laptop for cheap, you can buy a great tablet for 100 bucks (bought my kindle fire 2 hd for 49 dollars)

i agree wholeheartedly with this thread, things are changing rapidly, it may not be 2016 but a day is coming soon when folks wont justify 500 dollar consoles and 70 dollar games

MF_BREW

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Milwaukee,WI
Plus how consoles gonna fade out when you some streaming companies that depend of some of them.

Poppa_Dock

:gladlebron:
Daps
Reppin
Banana Town
gta v made a billion in like 3 days brah, and it's made by a massive company with a few different branches around north america possibly international, you don't get that making candy crush. Big teams developing new software and hardware for gaming, new engines etc. you don't really get that with candy crush or angry birds. That stuff will never go away, like what is the point of having cons and gaming olympics if every game is some candy crush shyt? And entire culture has been built around big gaming titles. They will only get bigger and bigger to the point where they are fused with movies into some interactive experience.