Calling it now, these traditional consoles will start winding down by late 2016

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Who the fukk still goes to buy physical media like that besides gamers in 2014? :russ:

Optical drives in PC's are basically there for just in case purposes, tbh I am probably going to remove optical drives from the next revision of desktops I sell.
:russ: you actually believing this but this will be the never ending battle between us

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
:ufdup:

prove me wrong
They will not be making AAA titles for smart phones friend. These phones are made for more casual experiences. At best you might have some mid tier ps3 games or high end graphic angry bird type games. Small games get great graphics and big games get dookie graphics, friend.

39.99 49.99 smart phone games out the gate that you need a smart tv to play on a larger screen? Not anytime soon, friend.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
There's no need. You've yet to prove yourself right. You're the Michael Patcher of the coli breh.
By wrong you mean Apple and all other manufacturers not ever caring or phazing out blu-ray like I said they would years ago?

Remember the outcry when Netflix tried to split the company? Who thinks about Netflix BEFORE the streaming service?

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
The reason the industry switched to smart phones is because of the development costs. They can make a cheap game and yield a high return. Why would they switch to smartphones to spend AAA budgets on games that yield less money. They mine as well make console arcade games and port them to smartphones or release them all at once. If the cost of development goes up they will get more ambitious and want to make a better game for a better system like a pc or a console. Smartphones with ps4 graphics. O friend, thats rich like good choclate.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
The reason the industry switched to smart phones is because of the development costs. They can make a cheap game and yield a high return. Why would they switch to smartphones to spend AAA budgets on games that yield less money. They mine as well make console arcade games and port them to smartphones or release them all at once. If the cost of development goes up they will get more ambitious and want to make a better game for a better system like a pc or a console. Smartphones with ps4 graphics. O friend, thats rich like good choclate.
phones are a much bigger market than console gaming

You are not paying attention to the trends if you think the PS4 is some crazy technical feat...the Galaxy S10 will top it

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
phones are a much bigger market than console gaming
Because of the cost of development and the price for consumers. How much do you think it will cost to make a ps4 calibre game for a smartphone and how much do you think it will cost us?

Smartphones have a generic gaming experience and unless devs want to spend ps3 budgets on games they will continue making generic gaming experiences. This ps4 on smartphone culture by 2018, WILL NEVER HAPPEN!

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Can't agree at all.

Physical medium is still stronger than digital and will be for a while.

People enjoy collecting. The average person is still buying cds and blu rays/dvds.

And by average person I don't mean pc nerds.
stronger? in terms of quality...sure I will give you that.

The average person is NOT buying cds anymore.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Because of the cost of development and the price for consumers. How much do you think it will cost to make a ps4 calibre game for a smartphone and how much do you think it will cost us?

Smartphones have a generic gaming experience and unless devs want to spend ps3 budgets on games they will continue making generic gaming experiences. This ps4 on smartphone culture by 2018, WILL NEVER HAPPEN!
breh I never said the same games will be developed for phones, I just said that the shift will be towards that...its where the money really is.

You guys are in flat out denial about certain things. The race to zero has begun and you guys are still associating these big AAA titles with a $59.99 price tag.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
2 yrs? :stopitslime: that'll be a good yr for consoles. we'll start getting games designed specifically for next gen.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Cds are still outselling digital.
Of course it is when you look at album vs album, but so many people download individual tracks that its impossible to compare. If you include individual tracks? They were eclipsed years ago.

Full albums will definitely shift soon, probably by this year