Calisthenics vs Weights

semtex

:)
Daps
Adding a calisthenics circuit as cardio :lawd: fukk that monotonous treadmill bullshyt. Calisthenics circuits will have you lookin like goddamn wolverine with your heart poundin like sasquatch feet :ahh:

Here's what I'm gonna attempt:

20 neck bridges
20 pushups
20 squats
20 inverted rows
20 bulgarian split squats (10 per leg)

5 rounds :birdman:

my body has always responded great to calisthenics because I grew up doin karate so I guess that's what it is used to. I never look more yoked than when I've been doing calisthenics.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
I always swore by calesthenics because many years ago when I stopped boxing and started lifting really heavy, it was calisthenics that had me doing crazy numbers. It gives you that extra inner strength that weights can't give. There's a reason why you see 250lb. cock diesel dudes who can't do pull ups, dips or push ups. These days I only lift light dumbells (30-50lbs.) and it's calisthenics that can have me walk into any gym at any given time and bench 405 or 20+ pull ups with ease. Calisthenics for life.

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Son Goku

Daps
:mjlol::yeshrug: I ain’t gon lie tho my cousin did this shyt he wasn’t ripped tho but he could bench 420 and only did calisthenics he was about 5’11 and weighed 240

The cats talkin that junk never seem to have receipts though. You at least know your cousin.
:jbhmm:

Also, how many dudes in here weigh 240 doing calis? :yeshrug:

We know it's dudes ITT that can't eem put up 2 plates for one, much less four plates.
:skip:

Bledswole

Slappin and clowning chumps for fun.
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
The cats talkin that junk never seem to have receipts though. You at least know your cousin.
:jbhmm:

Also, how many dudes in here weigh 240 doing calis? :yeshrug:

We know it's dudes ITT that can't eem put up 2 plates for one, much less four plates.
:skip:
Now this is facts and I agree with you fasho I just know my cousin like you said and actually know he did it but like I said he a big ass dude and been working out for yearssss

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Male gymnasts do nothing but bodyweight training, and dudes probably have the build everyone wants, and all the functional strength in the world. If you could incorporate some squatting into the bodyweight routines they do you'll be golden.
Facts

Son Goku

Daps
Male gymnasts do nothing but bodyweight training, and dudes probably have the build everyone wants, and all the functional strength in the world. If you could incorporate some squatting into the bodyweight routines they do you'll be golden.

:usure:

I can understand everyone not wanting to be jacked (no I can't :mjlol:) but male gymnasts ain't it either.

Put them dudes in street clothes not skin-tight leotards and they'll look like dudes that don't even lift.

Them dudes are also short as fukk (i.e. manlets).
:yeshrug:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps

I can understand everyone not wanting to be jacked (no I can't :mjlol:) but male gymnasts ain't it either.

Put them dudes in street clothes not skin-tight leotards and they'll look like dudes that don't even lift.

@Malta They actually lift and this is from 2016:

Today, male gymnasts are pumping iron (Dalton weight trains about twice a week) in the gym we’re more familiar with—one that doesn’t have parallel bars and balance beams but instead is filled with barbells, dumbbells, and kettlebells. They’re also seeking strength coaches: Male gymnasts are consulting with strength coaches at a higher level now than they were even 30 years ago, a spokesperson from USA Gymnastics told Men’s Fitness. Gymnastics coaches are looking outside of the sport—to a strength trainer who could suggest exercises that aren’t necessarily gymnastics bodyweight ones.

https://www.mensjournal.com/health-...ic-gymnasts-bodies-are-so-much-more-muscular/

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Bushed
Supporter
Daps

Samuel_Mikulak30015.0.0.jpg

c7dd17cb41f5ac053f647341ffddcce2.jpg

cc5e9255e793576b2562f9be9b83390c.jpg

Rather look like these dudes physically than this

MV5BZmJlYzE5ZjAtMjg4ZC00MWY5LWIwYzctY2UxMTQ4M2Q5ZGVjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUxNDI0Nzc@._V1_.jpg

Last edited:

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Anyone here follow ashfitness?

I thought dude workouts were goofy as shyt at first but the variety of his movements seem intriguing. (haven't actually done any of his workouts yet)