Calisthenics vs Weights

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I do both. Did 100 burpees last weekend before i did arms and abs. Did 50 burpees before my other lift. Calisthenics are good for warming up before your lifts. If you can combine it with some sort of cardio conditioning it will help your muscles breath better so you dont get as tired when you exert your muscles over extended periods of time. Lot of people who train brazillian Jiujitsu, take time off and get buff and swole, but then they come into class and their exhausted and tired despite being super heroes in the muscle department. The extra muscle can hinder friends so we have to train accordingly and not just lift weights to be strong but to lift for overall fitness, which includes muscular endurance/cardio.

Bledswole

Slappin and clowning chumps for fun.
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
:dwillhuh: What does a calisthenic workout routine look like? Ya'll got me curious.

Just sets of pushups,pullups,situps,jumpingjacks,bodysquats,burpees.

If you have a smart phone and an app store you can type in anyone of those exercises and an app a pop up for it with a complete workout routine.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
:dwillhuh: What does a calisthenic workout routine look like? Ya'll got me curious.
415ZbHzjXoL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The bible of Calisthenics :wow:

Bledswole

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Male gymnasts do nothing but bodyweight training, and dudes probably have the build everyone wants, and all the functional strength in the world. If you could incorporate some squatting into the bodyweight routines they do you'll be golden.

Yea I was amazed when I first found out that male gymnast didnt lift weights. They physiques is crazy

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Male gymnasts do nothing but bodyweight training, and dudes probably have the build everyone wants, and all the functional strength in the world. If you could incorporate some squatting into the bodyweight routines they do you'll be golden.

YOu do have to factor in the hours of training and proper nutrition. They have positive variables working for them that working people don't.

semtex

:)
Daps
Yea I was amazed when I first found out that male gymnast didnt lift weights. They physiques is crazy
The calisthenics variations they do are harder than any lift though. A 400-500lb deadlift is easier to obtain than a planche for most people. Sidenote: I can almost get into a planche and I weigh 220-230 :lupe: that shyt makes me lightheaded as fukk like my CNS is about to snap up.

Bledswole

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
The calisthenics variations they do are harder than any lift though. A 400-500lb deadlift is easier to obtain than a planche for most people. Sidenote: I can almost get into a planche and I weigh 220-230 :lupe: that shyt makes me lightheaded as fukk like my CNS is about to snap up.

Lol you too big for that big dawg

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
I do both. Calisthenics will get you cut up and give you a solid shape overall, but weights give you mass quicker. I like calisthenics a lot, but I find that you have to do a ton of reps, so it can be very time-consuming, and plus it can eventually start to hurt your joints.

Bledswole

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I do both. Calisthenics will get you cut up and give you a solid shape overall, but weights give you mass quicker. I like calisthenics a lot, but I find that you have to do a ton of reps, so it can be very time-consuming, and plus it can eventually start to hurt your joints.

Yep.

When I first started doing calisthenics I fell in love wit it and did lots of reps everyday then out the blue one day my joints start hurting really bad. It wasnt the type of pain where after you workout hard you feel sore but you know its from weights,naw I was really hurting.

My advice to everyone is to start slow and make steady progress, like I said your best bet is to just download pushup and pullups apps to your phone and follow what they tell you to a tee.

Just Rod

Sh!t Rod Says
Daps
Reppin
Washington, DC
Yep.

When I first started doing calisthenics I fell in love wit it and did lots of reps everyday then out the blue one day my joints start hurting really bad. It wasnt the type of pain where after you workout hard you feel sore but you know its from weights,naw I was really hurting.

My advice to everyone is to start slow and make steady progress, like I said your best bet is to just download pushup and pullups apps to your phone and follow what they tell you to a tee.
Got any apps you can recommend?

Bledswole

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Got any apps you can recommend?

Yep.

For pushups get either one of these two:

Pushups-Personal Trainer minuf
Simple Deck Yazai

For Pullups its only one that is really good:

Pullups Pro

For Situps:

Situps Pro

And for Dips:

Tricep Dips

Look for those apps they all free, get em and follow em to a tee and yall will be good.

Bledswole

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Ive read arguments from both workout groups(Calisthenic ppl and Weightlifters) as to why they believe their form of training makes you stronger.

I want to know whats yall opinion.

I played against this guy in basketball last week who was super super strong and solid as a wall seriously and only weighed 193 pounds at 6'7.

I asked him what type of workouts you did and he said he only does calisthenic workouts,dude was super strong but wasnt even that big.