Calisthenics vs Weights

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
6'7'' and 193lbs...solid....:skip:

Leverage breh...use your hips and watch some Charles Barkley highlights....I was working the paint when I weighed 160lbs. :pachaha:

Daps
Reppin
San Antonio,TX
It depends on what your definition of strength is. If its to look big and lift a lot its weightlifting. If its to have maximum functional strength I would say calisthenics.
Like @semtex said its all specific to what your training towards.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
It depends on what your definition of strength is. If its to look big and lift a lot its weightlifting. If its to have maximum functional strength I would say calisthenics.
Like @semtex said its all specific to what your training towards.
I don't know how long it takes with calisthenics esp that super hard shyt but you can improve maximum functional strength relatively quickly lifting weights of you do it right. I've increase my reps on 225 by 5 in 1.5 weeks by switching up my routine which I love. I don't know if its alot of reps increased but I was impressed by it though.

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
weights through doing less weight and more reps.

plyo is very beneficial as well since you're controlling your own body weight and is better the heavier you are. I'm 216 and couldn't do a pull up to save my life before and now I can crunch the shyt out of it.

Xtraz2

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, CA
Why dudes that do that 100 push up a day challenge look like garbage tho?

I'm coo off those non results

BezO

Highbrow
Daps
Reppin
NYC -> DC
I do calisthenics only. There are ways to advance most exercises to build muscle similar to liftin' weights. Push up -> Archer Push up -> One Hand Push up -> or Push up -> Semi Planche -> Planche Push up, for example. There are MANY variations of push ups.

I do very few exercises that I can do more than 12 or so reps. Sometimes I do very slow reps and/or static holds. I never do mass amounts of push ups unless I'm simply curious how many I can do.
415ZbHzjXoL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The bible of Calisthenics :wow:
Gotta check this out.