Calisthenics vs Weights

Jesus Is Lord

Give Thanks, Repent, and Forgive
Daps
Reppin
Christ
I do both and doing calisthenics has me much stronger at a much lower weight.

Boxing had me realize the power in calisthenics and the weakness in being a buffbody.

Im 5'9" 175 and im arguably one of the strongest people at my gym on any lift. And I gym with juiceheads and some big 6'5" 270lb all muscle type nikkas. Anybody know Richies Gym in Bushwick, Brooklyn know the breed of nikkas who work out there.

When it comes to pullups or dips, No bullshyt NOBODY is seeing me on bodyweight dip reps or weighted dips or bodyweight pullup reps or weighted pushups. Regardless of size of anybody ive seen.

And I owe all that strength gain to calisthenics.

Yeah, I used to go to Richie's, the one one Bushwick and the one on Myrtle. The one on Bushwick always went hard, learned a lot from Richie's back in the days.

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
I do both and doing calisthenics has me much stronger at a much lower weight.

Boxing had me realize the power in calisthenics and the weakness in being a buffbody.

Im 5'9" 175 and im arguably one of the strongest people at my gym on any lift. And I gym with juiceheads and some big 6'5" 270lb all muscle type nikkas. Anybody know Richies Gym in Bushwick, Brooklyn know the breed of nikkas who work out there.

When it comes to pullups or dips, No bullshyt NOBODY is seeing me on bodyweight dip reps or weighted dips or bodyweight pullup reps or weighted pushups. Regardless of size of anybody ive seen.

And I owe all that strength gain to calisthenics.

:myman: I know da spot well. You talking about the one off Bushwick Ave or the one in Bushwick off Myrtle Ave? I used to go to the one off Bushwick, loved how grimy it was. The gym I go to down here reminds me of it.

Daps
:myman: I know da spot well. You talking about the one off Bushwick Ave or the one in Bushwick off Myrtle Ave? I used to go to the one off Bushwick, loved how grimy it was. The gym I go to down here reminds me of it.

One off Bushwick ave.

My type of gym none of that fru fru towel service and yoga.

Cheap as hell, Rusted weights and pullup bars, all I need:myman:

Bledswole

Slappin and clowning chumps for fun.
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
One off Bushwick ave.

I dont understand why these gyms be havin all that extra shyt now a days.

Like you said just have the regular weightlifting shyt, a spot to do pullups and a bathroom and im good

Daps
I dont understand why these gyms be havin all that extra shyt now a days.

Like you said just have the regular weightlifting shyt, a spot to do pullups and a bathroom and im good

Cause that dont bring in the money.

Towel service, spin classes, fruit smoothies and pilates bring in the white bytches and they can charge you $110/mo

Bledswole

Slappin and clowning chumps for fun.
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Cause that dont bring in the money.

Towel service, spin classes, fruit smoothies and pilates bring in the white bytches and they can charge you $110/mo

Dont forget the basketball court, swimming pool, sauna, tanning room, and gold member privliges.

Ol lifetime fitness ass gyms

Jesus Is Lord

Give Thanks, Repent, and Forgive
Daps
Reppin
Christ
Everything I learned about lifting came from dudes at Richie's, they're the ones who put me on about Calisthenics and weights. I was taught to use calthenics as a warm up to weights OR superset them ie. 10 reps on the bench immediately followed by 10 dips. The guys who always did this put p the highest number in the bench, deads and squats, and it's no mistake that most of these dudes spent time up north or locked up (for those who don't live in the NY/NJ/CT area)

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
One off Bushwick ave.

I'm back up top and drove through the old hood. White folks jogging by the projects like everything is sweet. Have they infiltrated Richie's yet? I'd imagine they would be like :merchant: going in there...:russ:

I loved it there. You right, I used to go early in the morning and I always saw a lot of sanitation and transit nyggas in there on their grind before going to work

Daps
I'm back up top and drove through the old hood. White folks jogging by the projects like everything is sweet. Have they infiltrated Richie's yet? I'd imagine they would be like :merchant: going in there...:russ:

I loved it there. You right, I used to go early in the morning and I always saw a lot of sanitation and transit nyggas in there on their grind before going to work

UPS and sanitation workers in uniform working out:russ:

Only white people in there are more so the heavily tatted grungy hipsters.

The white folk in there are few. It's mostly black/Hispanic hood nikkas in there. Females stay by the treadmills you'd see a white woman here and there but it's like they're scared to go to the back:heh:

Id picture it scary for your average cac:manny:.

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Real rap I signed up at my current gym down here, RTP Fitness, just cause it reminded me of Richie's. I walked in and the dude asked me if I needed a tour. You can see the whole spot from the front desk, and I was like :smugbiden: "nah I'm good, let me sign them papers" I felt right at home. Surprisingly though we got a few bold white females in there. Low key I think they've heard it's a lot of nyggas in there so they come in there. Always see them ding squats or leg press though... :patrice: :shaq: