Calisthenics preachers are the worst, Lifting weights will always make you bigger

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
first off,.....

a pull up and a push up are connected in simple theory.
to the two excercise they say not to do with weights of any kind.
for long suspended periods of time

which is the standing shoulder pull.
flat bench press

as standing shoulder pull is a finishing and aesthetic symmetry based motion and resistance exercise.
the flat bench is a volumizer based exercise. Which should only be used in light supplement with the supine decline bench press, incline and closed grip flat bench press.

yet you nikkaz in here trying to tell me.
to do a floor based pull or a hanging pull.
where it is easily over three times the limit before danger of thirty five to forty pounds.
plus you should not ever pull your on body weight on a standing or hanging shoulder pull.
nor should you bench press more than what your form and rom lift has been on a working program.

plus i know from experience.

the standing shoulder pull is a finishing exercise. For leaving the gym after months of extensive aesthetic work on bicep head development. Where it only requires just two lifts to create the so-called aesthetic cut that Olympia judges find appealing. That many socalled Cali guys think is achieved by pullups. When pullups are definite no no's as well as push ups. As both are in effect a modified shoulder hanging shoulder pull. Where all the actual resistance is overloaded on joints not built to sustain that level of duress consistently.
over muscle growth and development considering the load.

they even have videos on the standing shoulder pull being the no-no exercise.
yet people do it in excess and wrongly.

I only do maybe one standing shoulder press set like once every eighteen nineteen months.
my standard bench is what should be everyone's standard the supine decline press. I have not used a flat bench volumizer exercise in years. I have not done closed grip bench since coming back from bruising my hand skating.

you nikkaz in here talembout doing a finishing aesthetic exercise. Like you did all the core lifts.
to achieve the point to cut.
you gotta get smaller to get bigger.
where you not gon get bigger to get smaller faster enough.
or with great healthy results doing coli exercises.

if you doing pushups and pullups.
you damaging muscle and joints overloading them and wasting your time, thinking you smart.
plus you keep doing that bullshyt and ruin your muscle memory receptors. So now you weak as hell on the bench. All because you fooled your mind and muscle memory.
doing joint damaging push ups and pull ups.
so you may have to start from a lesser weight on the bench.
plus may have damaged stabilizer muscles by shocking them. Holding up and then going past natural rom with your body weight.
when you can not even bench a forty five pound bar.

art barr

rom = range of motion

Last edited:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
how so :usure: we talking regular dips not bench dips

Any dip is trash.

be looking at rc damage.
nikkaz like dips.
just cause they do not wanna really do the work on the lower chest.

you do not got a chest unless you got bottoms first.

work the bottom of the chest to the top.
not middle to hope you hit the top and bottom.

flat bench and push up give you bytchmade man boob chest.

not that aeathetic god.
this is a chest aesthetic bitness type shyt.

art barr

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Any dip is trash.

be looking at rc damage.
nikkaz like dips.
just cause they do not wanna really do the work on the lower chest.

you do not got a chest unless you got bottoms first.

work the bottom of the chest to the top.
not middle to hope you hit the top and bottom.

flat bench and push up give you bytchmade man boob chest.

not that aeathetic god.
this is a chest aesthetic bitness type shyt.

art barr
by that logic any exercise that requires the shoulder to stabilize is at risk for rotator cuff injuries :unimpressed:

depending on your stance and the bar type (parallel vs Y-Bar) you can very much target the lower chest

in fact dips with both bars target the lower chest :mjtf:

reason im saying this is cause dips and weighted dips allowed me to break through plateaus via weight vests and belts. I have no shoulder issues and the most i got to was 90 lb weighted dips 5x10

note: my form is head tilted forward but legs forward like this >

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
by that logic any exercise that requires the shoulder to stabilize is at risk for rotator cuff injuries :unimpressed:

depending on your stance and the bar type (parallel vs Y-Bar) you can very much target the lower chest

in fact dips with both bars target the lower chest :mjtf:

reason im saying this is cause dips and weighted dips allowed me to break through plateaus via weight vests and belts. I have no shoulder issues and the most i got to was 90 lb weighted dips 5x10

note: my form is head tilted forward but legs forward like this >

why plateau and risk sure rc and joint damage doing that excercise. When you can do supine decline bench press.

which is the god press.
you can do it all year with no tailoff and no damage. Plus jump mad weight if you want. By staying dedicated to the lift scheduling you set for yourself.

supine decline bench press = the best bench press

thank me later.

maybe i will show you the proper form videos for it too.

art barr

SATAN

Eve was a thot.
Daps
Reppin
HELL
Planet Fitness gang
:blessed:

Women staring at my pecs when they talk to me

Women finding any excuse in the world to grab my bicep

Finally having a 6-pack, even though there is never an appropriate time to show it off in public

And you can still do calisthenics at PF if you really want to

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
Lmao yea but that weightlifting strength ain’t shyt once you stop lifting you turn into a fat blob and become weak as fukk again

Calisthenics is real functional strength and if you stop working out you’ll still have a physique and strength due to it being more of the real deal

Have fun with those weights :russ:
Makes no sense.

If you stop doing calisthenics your muscles will break down and shrink along with your strength.

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
why plateau and risk sure rc and joint damage doing that excercise. When you can do supine decline bench press.

which is the god press.
you can do it all year with no tailoff and no damage. Plus jump mad weight if you want. By staying dedicated to the lift scheduling you set for yourself.

supine decline bench press = the best bench press

thank me later.

maybe i will show you the proper form videos for it too.

art barr
i have done decline bench press but what do you mean by supine decline? :jbhmm: lemme google this

i do agree it way easier to lift more on decline but I did a mixture of bench, dips, and hip pushups (hands further down)

edit this?

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
6'1 210. 12% BF (atm)

I'm built like a corner/strong safety (same position I played actually)
Corners ain't that heavy bruh. 6'1 210 is running back weight. Please don't brag about those stats

250 bench is weak especially for 6'1 210 :mjlol:
You should be pushing at least 315 especially if you 12% bf