Calisthenics preachers are the worst, Lifting weights will always make you bigger

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
You can pick any exercise you want, lifting weights period is not harder than climbing a mountain

if you can bench 300 put can do a pull up, you won't be able to pull yourself up a mountain

Breh these are drastically different skillsets needed even beyond the ability to pull yourself up. I can dozens of pullups at a time because I dont weigh shyt, I dont think Im climbing a mountain off the street

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh these are drastically different skillsets needed even beyond the ability to pull yourself up. I can dozens of pullups at a time because I dont weigh shyt, I dont think Im climbing a mountain off the street

you are literally pulling yourself up when climing a mountain, pull ups are apart of mountain climbing training lmao

I didn't say you could climb a mountain of the street, just type pull up is a harder exercise than weight lifting, its a fact

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This whole thread is bullshyt :mjlol:

There is no such thing as muscle tonality (at least how its presented here) :mjlol:

The way your muscles look is dependent on 2 factors:

1. Bodyfat/muscle/water ratio
2. Genetics

Period.
No such thing as doing abs so much you go from a 6pack to a 10pack
No such thing as doing low weight high reps to make your muscles more defined.

If your muscles look more defined after low weight high reps, its because you lost fat and water, period.
I promise you if you ate 5 cheesecakes everyday you gonna be fat as fukk no matter how many high reps you do

So much bro science :mjlol:

YvrzTrvly

All Star
Daps
So what is a recommended calisthenics routine to do on the daily?

Always been interested but never been put on

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You know in being generally physically prepared it is a place for varying styles of exercise you want to involve all of weights,calisthenics, cardio flexibility, power, strength, agility, durability etc...Just do them all.

low body fat percentage comes from nutrition and genetics nothing more nothing less. Basically 6 packs are revealed in the kitchen. And sometimes your genetics may fukk that up for you.

if you want to increase muscle size hypertrophy you have to put overload on the muscle in some form.

and my own bioscience.

Prove me wrong if you get to the point where you can deadlift over 400, squats 315+ For reps, bench over 225 for reps and also do weighted pullups/dips for reps with 45lbs you are 100% guaranteed to have noticeable muscle.

Questions;

Who decided that having a 6pack at all times was even the goal to shoot for?

The leaner I am the dryer I am I always feel better around 10-14% some types you have a 6 but most times you have a 4.

lastly, why are you dudes who aren’t taking drugs trying to look like the people who take drugs and judging yourselves against them or trying to workout like them
?

It’s still your own race you are trying to be the best “you” that you can be.

figure out if you really want to be generally physically prepared or just look good naked and you will notice that your fitness goals and workout programming will vary. And please stop the bullshyt about lifting causing injuries like calisthenics and running doesn’t as well. It all gets back to form and recovery.

Last edited:

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
If you think a majority of these calis dudes got their absurd mass doing nothing but body weight all day without juice IDK what to tell you.
False. My fathers trainer is number 3 in the world. All natural. Calisthenics, heavy weight lifting and eating right. I usually troll but I'm dead ass.

Daps
Why not do both? Why does everything have to be either/or? You're more likely to stay fit in the long term if you are doing exercises you like, regardless of if it's machines, barbells, or calisthenics. They all have their pros and cons.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yes but calisthenics works functional muscles that weights won't.

:dead:

When ya'll type the word "weights"... what exactly comes to mind? :jbhmm:
Every single exercise can be weighted.

You can do every variation of pushup with a weighted vest
Every variation of muscle up with hanging weights or a vest
This idea that added weights to an exercise makes it no longer functional absolute bullshyt :heh:

Unless we gonna pretend that people don't do pullups or pushups in the gym :dead: