California Estimated to be in a 31 billion dollar surplus next year :banderas:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Everyone in cali aint liberal, everyone doesn't believe housing is a right, and every liberal isn't with their money paying for people who have actively blown up their lives...:ld:
Then what should be done to end the eyesore of tents in the streets? It's easy to say why we shouldn't or can't do anything as the problem gets worse.

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
Everyone in cali aint liberal, everyone doesn't believe housing is a right, and every liberal isn't with their money paying for people who have actively blown up their lives...:ld:
Basically, I remember SF was going to open facilities that included needle exchanges and access to health care/mental health services for the homeless and the "Liberal's" in SF shut that shyt down. At times It seems like nobody care's about the homeless problem but people from out of state.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Then what should be done to end the eyesore of tents in the streets? It's easy to say why we shouldn't or can't do anything as the problem gets worse.
  • lower the cost of building in CA -> lower the cost of rent/owning
  • more dormitory facilities for the working homeless (the people everyone likes to pretend all homeless are - the mom who work a meager job but can't afford rent, the elderly person whose landlord sold the building, etc)
  • enforce no-camping rules and move them TF out of high use places - stop caving to special interest groups who seem to think the homeless are entitled to camp wherever they want, set up camp zones in warehouse or outskirt districts, unused parking lots, etc
  • more publicly funded drug rehab and mental services (not really a fan of full live-in institutions given how poorly they were run and how patients were abused there in the past)

but literal housing for all - which requires also supporting infrastructure, utilities, sanitation, health & mental services, security, etc....no

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
  • more dormitory facilities for the working homeless (the people everyone likes to pretend all homeless are - the mom who work a meager job but can't afford rent, the elderly person whose landlord sold the building, etc)
  • enforce no-camping rules and move them TF out of high use places - stop caving to special interest groups who seem to think the homeless are entitled to camp wherever they want, set up camp zones in warehouse or outskirt districts, unused parking lots, etc
  • more publicly funded drug rehab and mental services (not really a fan of full live-in institutions given how poorly they were run and how patients were abused there in the past)

but literal housing for all - which requires also supporting infrastructure, utilities, sanitation, health & mental services, security, etc....no
Sounds fair. How much are you willing to spend a year for this ?

How do you avoid attracting non state residents ?

I think the housing has to be away from the city.

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
I know a way to alleviate the problem, send the out of state homeless back to their states. What u think of that? Doesn’t solve it but it’s a start
That doesn't solve the problem that transfers it.

bnew

Veteran
Daps

you're rejecting the one thing that's been proven to work with overwhelming success because you don't like the implication, how is that logical?

thats like republicans being opposed to sex-ed classes and free condoms for teens which have been shown to reduce teen pregnancies, STD's and abortions.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Sounds fair. How much are you willing to spend a year for this ?

How do you avoid attracting non state residents ?

I think the housing has to be away from the city.
no clue on spending, but i'm not in favor of adding any additional taxes for it, so if it can't be funded and maintained with the current taxes in place, then :camby: additionally, i'd prioritize schools and infrastructure before funding this

for limiting access - the working homeless would likely have some financial or housing documentation and/or ID tying them to the state - pay stubs, tax filings, bank accounts (not sure if check cashing can be tracked, but that too), credit/debit/EBT transactions, old rental agreements etc to prove their residency, so they'd be eligible. with the chronically homeless, gonna be like every other govt service with a waiting list so everyone doesn't just flock to CA at once expecting handouts...but i don't know, i'm not a policymaker :yeshrug:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
you're rejecting the one thing that's been proven to work with overwhelming success because you don't like the implication, how is that logical?

thats like republicans being opposed to sex-ed classes and free condoms for teens which have been shown to reduce teen pregnancies, STD's and abortions.
like i said, every homeless person aint some "aww shucks, i got dealt a bad hand" case, seen enough people drink and smoke themselves into homelessness and i'm not in favor of publicly supporting them. if that's your stance, cool.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps

What's your solution again?

bnew

Veteran
Daps
What's your solution again?

housing first for all homeless families and individuals.

provide affordable housing and even free housing for the mentally ill. the cost\benefits are immediate. Less, violence, less vagrancy and property damage. Less crime, which will lead to police resources being devoted to more serious matters.

housing and mental health treatment for the homeless would go a long way to improving things.

'It’s a miracle': Helsinki's radical solution to homelessness

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/sunday/the...finland-is-eradicating-homelessness-1.5437402

The city with no homeless on its streets

Finland's ‘Housing First' policy proves that homelessness is avoidable

1.2. The History of Housing First - Housing First Europe Hub

the problems this would solve is damn near incalculable. loitering would plummet, improved sanitation and hygiene would lead to fewer illnesses being transmitted. How many calls to police about homeless vagrancy, public urination/defecation, business owners complaints, panhandling wouldn't have to be made and responded to? Homelessness increases crime so after providing them housing society would see fewer assaults, murders, rapes, sex-trafficking, prostitution, drug abuse, theft, robberies and property damage.

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
I'm sorry brother but these current Dems are weak weak. You can't keep embarrassing yourself standing up for them like this.
Mf talks shyt about Democrats all day everyday. Republican fakkit loves fiscal responsibility, but Democrats are the only ones that know how to balance a budget, so you’re out here caping for your republican daddy’s.

kill yourself fakkit

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
I don't give a shyt what you believe but you will be corrected :gucci:

If it helps you troll better, do what you gotta do. Once you actually try to speak on the issues without the trolling, you're getting pulverized.

It's easier for liberals to be emotional and hide behind mob stupidity.

You just said a whole bunch of nothing, word salad

Why are you repeating republican talking points if you are not a republican, I ask again.

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
Democrats.

Saving all kinds of dough by not cleaning up the city.
You’re such a stupid fakkit, they’re coming from other places.

your trash ass republican states don’t do shyt for the homeless, so they all leave or get shipped off to Cali.

Because it’s a national problem. They’re crossing interstate lines, which means it’s a congressional issue. You’re saying California should be responsible for the entire homeless crisis because republican states ship them off.

if you dogshyt republicans actually gaf about poor people, they wouldn’t all be emigrating to California in the first place.