California Estimated to be in a 31 billion dollar surplus next year :banderas:

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
Then what should be done to end the eyesore of tents in the streets? It's easy to say why we shouldn't or can't do anything as the problem gets worse.

It's one of many things, but reopen the mental institutions that were shut down in the 80's. How they were run in the past were disgraceful, inhumane and just places to discard our undesirables. That shouldn't be, but, some of these people are severely mentally ill, and will never be able to live on their own.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
You just said a whole bunch of nothing, word salad

Why are you repeating republican talking points if you are not a republican, I ask again.
I guess there is some intersection in beliefs on some issues. I wasn't aware.

What's to love about the Slavery party?

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
You’re such a stupid fakkit, they’re coming from other places.

your trash ass republican states don’t do shyt for the homeless, so they all leave or get shipped off to Cali.

Because it’s a national problem. They’re crossing interstate lines, which means it’s a congressional issue. You’re saying California should be responsible for the entire homeless crisis because republican states ship them off.

if you dogshyt republicans actually gaf about poor people, they wouldn’t all be emigrating to California in the first place.
The l.a times says they're mostly local.
The govenmor tried to say the same thing, got fact checked and was wrong.

Please stop regurgitating democrat talking points when you don't really care about the issues.

You need to calm your bytch ass down though. I know that much.

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
The l.a times says they're mostly local.
The govenmor tried to say the same thing, got fact checked and was wrong.

Please stop regurgitating democrat talking points when you don't really care about the issues.

You need to calm your bytch ass down though. I know that much.
Here’s a solution:

give all the homeless people a bus ticket to Texas!

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
And what if they say no. Most of them aren't from Texas.
And then when they get to Texas and shut off all the social services, then they’ll all just go away! :jawalrus:

problem solved! :jawalrus:

I’m just brainstorming here :jawalrus:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
And then when they get to Texas and shut off all the social services, then they’ll all just go away! :jawalrus:

problem solved! :jawalrus:

I’m just brainstorming here :jawalrus:
Sounds shaky. I think you cut off current services and then tell them what the new preplanned services are, you'll have better results.

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Where did the money come from all of a sudden? Wasnt california in a huge deficit? Now they got money out of nowhere

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
Yall don't know shyt around here either, like my mans googling Florida Rent prices and saying they average $800-$1200 lmaoo fukkin laughable.

Florida unemployment system troubles keep frustrations high

https://www.winknews.com/2021/10/21/employer-also-faces-unemployment-system-access-issues/

At least CA residents got the extra COVID unemployment boost during the pandemic, FL residents did not lol

Also, yall got a third stimulus from the state correct? $600 right?

Bruh, Ive been waiting for four months to get my unemployment :beli:

I've started working another job and I got approved for my unemployment benefits but EDD is behind longer than a muthafukka :damn:

If I didn't have a nest egg for rainy days like this and a good support system , I would be up a creek .

I'll check my checking account though on that stimmy :patrice:

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
This means nothing.

Black people aren’t seeing a penny of this.

CACS and other so-called “POC” like Asians are the only ones seeing the benefit of this.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Then what should be done to end the eyesore of tents in the streets? It's easy to say why we shouldn't or can't do anything as the problem gets worse.
They should use the surplus to build a massive dormitory/health facility. Instead of sleeping in a tent you sleep in a dorm room with free access to health care,drug counselling etc. Switch it from Hooverville to campus living with real attempts at rehabilitating these people to support themselves. build as many campuses as you can afford.