Caitlyn Clark's game had more TV viewers than any NBA game this season on ESPN

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I mean she's really fukking good at basketball and fun to watch.
It’s not just her tho. The womens game has evolved. And it’s not just dykes and lesbians. They have a ton of marketable women who look good and can ball out. But the media decides what’s popular and what’s not. They simply choose not to cover it.

Mars

Superstar
Daps
You do realize that the only reason the WNBA is still around is because the NBA keeps it afloat right? This is not on the NBA or the NBA players to fix it, this is on all the women who cry about equality in sports but don't support women's sports. You think it's a smart idea for the NBA to throw even more money into that money pit? And why should NBA players have to give a percentage of what they earn?

I said "they should", but really they don't...However, many NBA players have come out publicly supporting the Idea of charter flights for the WNBA...That's going to cost 25-30m per year...The only what that's going to happen in the near future would be an influx of cash or maybe charity....And I agree with you about women needing to support the WNBA more. Some of them are hypocrites...Complaining about men not showing more support when they show no support at all.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
WNBA players are criminally underpaid.....them billion contracts should be enough to pay the top players at least a million a year.....the coach for the Las Vegas Aces makes that :patrice:

Top draft picks should get a bonus (paid for by the WNBA or NBA)

#1 pick- 1m
#2 pick- 750k
#3 pick- 500k
#4 pick- 250k
#5 pick- 150k
#6 pick- 100k
#7 pick- 50k
#8 pick- 25k

Lottery picks should also get endorsement deals

Give these kids some incentives

LMAO

ZERO DAPS FOR THESE TERRIBLE POSTS

:devil:
:evil:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
What's crazy is you contrast how Turner Sports covers the men's NCAA tournament and nobody, not even Charles Barkley, dares to make the types of jokes they make covering the pros or bash teams and coaches for poor decision making. Some of these college starting 5s are older than some NBA starting 5s, but you don't hear any of that clowning.

Even taking into account they're college athletes not pros, I agree with you. But even with Charles...it's clear he doesn't know jack shyt about college basketball, doesn't watch games until March, and is largely just winging it. So the commentary is more respectful but remains unprofessional. Which goes back to the issue of modern basketball not being taken seriously or treated with respect.

You can turn on ESPN at noon and see 5-10 minute breakdowns of NFL play calls or defenses. I'm not a baseball fan but I've seen MLB coverage that focuses on plays, skills, managers, etc. Yet with NBA we get "he's lazy" or "that team wanted it more than the other team" or obsessive coverage of a player's social media comments. Huh?

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What's crazy is you contrast how Turner Sports covers the men's NCAA tournament and nobody, not even Charles Barkley, dares to make the types of jokes they make covering the pros or bash teams and coaches for poor decision making. Some of these college starting 5s are older than some NBA starting 5s, but you don't hear any of that clowning.

Cause the tournament is a joint effort with CBS and they’re not gonna have them up there personally attacking players or bashing a game they’re trying to get people to watch

Charles is a fun personality but he’s more passionate about golf than the NBA at this point, he’s there for the checks. And Shaq doesn’t even pretend like he watches games

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
I had one, had to wear it everywhere I went. Got paid monthly. Did it for about a year. Then did one to track what radio stations I listen to. Also if you use streaming services they report to Nielsen. It’s in the user agreements people don’t read.

Shouldn’t they be comparing regular season woman’s games to regular season nba games.

For all the hate on the NBA people ignore they pack 20K seat arenas 82 nights a year. We’ll see who gets a bigger TV deal woman’s college basketball or NBA in the next few years.

If they were actually popular like that they will get endorsement deals. The NBA doesn’t control Nike and Gatorade or any corporation. I like the lottery bonus idea though. I would bring base salaries up to 200K a year too.
How much did they pay you:patrice:

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Is this correct? Only a few knowledgeable basketball heads know about the star female bball player who plays for Iowa. This has to mean that a ton of casuals- women and men- tuned in to watch this as well correct? Plus the arenas looked half filled for the tournament games on tv. Even when S. Carolina played :patrice:

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
I could see the NFL creating a Women's Flag Football League and blowing past the WNBA in the next decade. It's already taking off as a highschool sport for girls.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Is this correct? Only a few knowledgeable basketball heads know about the star female bball player who plays for Iowa. This has to mean that a ton of casuals- women and men- tuned in to watch this as well correct? Plus the arenas looked half filled for the tournament games on tv. Even when S. Carolina played :patrice:
She’s been doing this since her freshman year. Paige Bueckers is in her same class and she won national player of the year as a freshman. The womens college game gets ignored by the media, but they’re the ones getting legit NIL deals and not just payments disguised as endorsements

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Even taking into account they're college athletes not pros, I agree with you. But even with Charles...it's clear he doesn't know jack shyt about college basketball, doesn't watch games until March, and is largely just winging it. So the commentary is more respectful but remains unprofessional. Which goes back to the issue of modern basketball not being taken seriously or treated with respect.

You can turn on ESPN at noon and see 5-10 minute breakdowns of NFL play calls or defenses. I'm not a baseball fan but I've seen MLB coverage that focuses on plays, skills, managers, etc. Yet with NBA we get "he's lazy" or "that team wanted it more than the other team" or obsessive coverage of a player's social media comments. Huh?

This.

NBA coverage disparages basketball, and you constantly have old players bashing today's game and players.

That shyt barely exists in any other sport, it's sickening.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
I could see the NFL creating a Women's Flag Football League and blowing past the WNBA in the next decade. It's already taking off as a highschool sport for girls.

The Mexico team is like The Chiefs of Flag Football

Daps
It's not just load management and 3 pointers. How do you sustain or grow a sport when the vast majority of media coverage is negative? There's zero way Roger Goddell or the NFL would sit back and allow ESPN, Fox, etc to trash their product 24/7 all day every day. Yet every time you turn on NBA coverage on a channel that hosts NBA games, you immediately are met with disdain for the product by commentators. On TNT you immediately realize many of the hosts don't even watch NBA basketball and despise the modern game. Nor are the commentator's complaints regulated to just complaining about the legitimate things we all see, from load management to other stuff. They're shytting on legit great players, dismissing great teams, and focusing more on drama than basketball.

What happens to the NBA when Bron retires? We already have a glimpse: the media is making new Brons. Guys they will disrespect, slander, and attack nonstop. How far are we from the "Giannis only has one ring, is he overrated" narrative? Peep the narratives about Luka. Peep the disrespect Embiid faces. Peep the disinterest Tatum gets. This is BAD for the sport and at some point the NBA needs a commish who puts that SAS style bullshyt out the door.

Pipe Dream

NBA is what it is on the backs of individual greats leading teams. The standard was set long ago and it’s why these guys make better money than any league aside from maybe MLB