Caitlyn Clark's game had more TV viewers than any NBA game this season on ESPN

Mars

Superstar
Daps
Have you watched the WNBA draft, after the 3rd pick, most of the time, the rest can't even make the roster. Sometimes after the 1st pick. 2024 draft is different and that's why no one is interested in trading their 2024 pick.

Fair enough...My bonus payout proposal was a bit excessive...But 500k, 250k,125k, and 50k for the lottery picks would be nice.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
It's not just load management and 3 pointers. How do you sustain or grow a sport when the vast majority of media coverage is negative? There's zero way Roger Goddell or the NFL would sit back and allow ESPN, Fox, etc to trash their product 24/7 all day every day. Yet every time you turn on NBA coverage on a channel that hosts NBA games, you immediately are met with disdain for the product by commentators. On TNT you immediately realize many of the hosts don't even watch NBA basketball and despise the modern game. Nor are the commentator's complaints regulated to just complaining about the legitimate things we all see, from load management to other stuff. They're shytting on legit great players, dismissing great teams, and focusing more on drama than basketball.

What happens to the NBA when Bron retires? We already have a glimpse: the media is making new Brons. Guys they will disrespect, slander, and attack nonstop. How far are we from the "Giannis only has one ring, is he overrated" narrative? Peep the narratives about Luka. Peep the disrespect Embiid faces. Peep the disinterest Tatum gets. This is BAD for the sport and at some point the NBA needs a commish who puts that SAS style bullshyt out the door.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Stay in college as long as she can as the money and notoriety just isn't there in the WNBA.
You’re right and I saw in the thread that she’s killing with the NIL deals. If what’s posted in the original post is true though they better find a way to capitalize on her popularity. She can’t play college ball forever.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
It's not just load management and 3 pointers. How do you sustain or grow a sport when the vast majority of media coverage is negative? There's zero way Roger Goddell or the NFL would sit back and allow ESPN, Fox, etc to trash their product 24/7 all day every day. Yet every time you turn on NBA coverage on a channel that hosts NBA games, you immediately are met with disdain for the product by commentators. On TNT you immediately realize many of the hosts don't even watch NBA basketball and despise the modern game. Nor are the commentator's complaints regulated to just complaining about the legitimate things we all see, from load management to other stuff. They're shytting on legit great players, dismissing great teams, and focusing more on drama than basketball.

What happens to the NBA when Bron retires? We already have a glimpse: the media is making new Brons. Guys they will disrespect, slander, and attack nonstop. How far are we from the "Giannis only has one ring, is he overrated" narrative? Peep the narratives about Luka. Peep the disrespect Embiid faces. Peep the disinterest Tatum gets. This is BAD for the sport and at some point the NBA needs a commish who puts that SAS style bullshyt out the door.
I personally think Giannis is a guy they should’ve been rocking with especially after the championship. I just don’t hear enough talk about him. I stopped following nba media because of this stuff you posted too. It’s easier to not care when pretty much all my favorite players have retired.. I’m definitely wondering what will happen once Bron and them are done.

Georgiamuscle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Rise up!
hhe704ne85h61.png

I know why I watched it :whew:

Last edited:

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
For some reason it seems like there ain’t been that many NBA games on tv this year. When I look for an NBA game to be on tv they’ll be showing something else on tnt or ESPN.
you’re clearly not watching tnt on tuesdays or Thursdays or espn/abc on Wednesday,Friday Saturday nights(starts in January)or Sunday, wtf you be watching there’s games on 5 days a week

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
You’re right and I saw in the thread that she’s killing with the NIL deals. If what’s posted in the original post is true though they better find a way to capitalize on her popularity. She can’t play college ball forever.

If she dropping 40 point triple dubs in the league she will be fine. It also depends what team she get drafted too. The league gotta make sure she don’t get drafted to the fukking Connecticut sun

I haven’t seen anybody in the league with her level of flash and play ever

Sabrina was a star but Caitlyn is diff, she puts on shows out there it’s like watching curry plus she white and not super butch , that should be a cheat code for the league

She need to go somewhere like the Las Vegas aces where they paying folks under the table, they got sold out games. Tom Brady just bought into the franchise

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
you’re clearly not watching tnt on tuesdays or Thursdays or espn/abc on Wednesday,Friday Saturday nights(starts in January)or Sunday, wtf you be watching there’s games on 5 days a week
There was games on yesterday but other days I look it’s like l Godzilla reruns on TNT or women’s March Madness/NIT games on ESPN

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I agree with supply-demand...However, in order to build that demand there needs to be a real investment to build the quality of the league... The NBA/Players should invest 1-2% of its revenue back into the WNBA.....Investing 1-2% would not break the players...Once you start making millions making 1% less is not going to contribute to you going broke....That investment would go towards:

Offseason strength/conditioning problem
Charter Flights
Bonuses for top draft picks
Higher salaries for better coaches
Higher salaries for players

NBA teams hiring former WNBA players is hurting the WNBA coaching/front office ranks....If you look at some of the WNBA asst coaches they have very little history of playing pro basketball......The NBA hiring Swin Cash,Kara Lawson, Tereas Wetherspoon,etc...is bad for the WNBA ...They would be better off paying the ex-players to work for the WNBA....Hammon made it back to the WNBA but that was only after she got tired of waiting for an NBA team to give her a HC job. It also took 1 million dollars to sign her.
You do realize that the only reason the WNBA is still around is because the NBA keeps it afloat right? This is not on the NBA or the NBA players to fix it, this is on all the women who cry about equality in sports but don't support women's sports. You think it's a smart idea for the NBA to throw even more money into that money pit? And why should NBA players have to give a percentage of what they earn?

concise

Veteran
Daps

What's crazy is you contrast how Turner Sports covers the men's NCAA tournament and nobody, not even Charles Barkley, dares to make the types of jokes they make covering the pros or bash teams and coaches for poor decision making. Some of these college starting 5s are older than some NBA starting 5s, but you don't hear any of that clowning.