Caitlyn Clark's game had more TV viewers than any NBA game this season on ESPN

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
WNBA players are criminally underpaid.....them billion contracts should be enough to pay the top players at least a million a year.....the coach for the Las Vegas Aces makes that :patrice:
Those contracts are based on what the NBA brings in. Until the WNBA brings in a sizable amount of fans the money will stay the same.

Mars

Superstar
Daps
Top draft picks should get a bonus (paid for by the WNBA or NBA)

#1 pick- 1m
#2 pick- 750k
#3 pick- 500k
#4 pick- 250k
#5 pick- 150k
#6 pick- 100k
#7 pick- 50k
#8 pick- 25k

Lottery picks should also get endorsement deals

Give these kids some incentives

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX

#1 pick- 1m
#2 pick- 750k
#3 pick- 500k
#4 pick- 250k
#5 pick- 150k
#6 pick- 100k
#7 pick- 50k
#8 pick- 25k

Again it's supply and demand. You can't give them these things if the money isn't there.

Starboy52

Superstar
Daps
They gotta make signing to the league look more attractive, man. The crop of talent in women’s college basketball is astounding and I feel like a lot of these girls (not Caitlyn :whoa: ) might end up either glued to the bench or not feeling the pros due to various factors

gtj1982

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
America's Darkside--210
Has anyone ever received a Nielsen box? Where do they come up with these rating numbers?

I had one, had to wear it everywhere I went. Got paid monthly. Did it for about a year. Then did one to track what radio stations I listen to. Also if you use streaming services they report to Nielsen. It’s in the user agreements people don’t read.

Shouldn’t they be comparing regular season woman’s games to regular season nba games.

For all the hate on the NBA people ignore they pack 20K seat arenas 82 nights a year. We’ll see who gets a bigger TV deal woman’s college basketball or NBA in the next few years.

#1 pick- 1m
#2 pick- 750k
#3 pick- 500k
#4 pick- 250k
#5 pick- 150k
#6 pick- 100k
#7 pick- 50k
#8 pick- 25k

Give these kids some incentives.
If they were actually popular like that they will get endorsement deals. The NBA doesn’t control Nike and Gatorade or any corporation. I like the lottery bonus idea though. I would bring base salaries up to 200K a year too.

Last edited:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm

#1 pick- 1m
#2 pick- 750k
#3 pick- 500k
#4 pick- 250k
#5 pick- 150k
#6 pick- 100k
#7 pick- 50k
#8 pick- 25k

No way would current players go for that as you'd be creating the same situation that the NFL had years ago in rookies coming in and making more than current players.

concise

Veteran
Daps
They gotta make signing to the league look more attractive, man. The crop of talent in women’s college basketball is astounding and I feel like a lot of these girls (not Caitlyn :whoa: ) might end up either glued to the bench or not feeling the pros due to various factors

wnba has been around for decades and still has no real traction ... people in this country have shown again and again that they do not care about women playing sports other than tennis. The other times they do care are when women are playing for already established brands like NCAA universities or representing nations at the World Cup or Olympics.

The billionaires here also don't care to just give away money like that to athletes if the athletes aren't generating profits in return. I'm certain we'll see another Brittney Griner type situation soon or some foreign billionaire will seduce them into espionage like what happened to Pras from the Fugees. :francis: