Caitlin Clark making only $76K as a rookie, sparks outrage

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
The WNBA is in a great position. They have real ballers coming out now. They are going to need better marketing. The Caitlin show has short legs, but advertising the whole league is what's happening.
The women's game now is reminiscent of 80s-90s NBA in terms of style of play. Please don't f it up!

They fukked up the first opportunity that games were available for fans to watch....They wanted it to be the Caitlin show so bad and it took someone livestreaming on twitter for people to see the other games :scust:

Daps
The feminists talking bout "WNBA players need more $$$"......how many of those women even WATCH hoops?

Therein lies the problem. Outside of ladies that played ball and their daughters, it's mostly men watching. The girl-power women talk the talk but can't tell you the difference between a pick & roll and a jelly doughnut. They support with words but not $$$ and actions.

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
This defi
This is the the definition of a reporter not understanding the assignment or the moment....dude thought he was interviewing some local YMCA chick on a hot streak
He should have been fired. To sexually harrass a star player in public in a time where we're celebrating break barriers for women is so stupid.

Daps
They fukked up the first opportunity that games were available for fans to watch....They wanted it to be the Caitlin show so bad and it took someone livestreaming on twitter for people to see the other games :scust:
Yes that was foul. There was a reason for that though. The WNBA doesn't own the broadcast rights for all of their teams. The station that shows one of the Chicago baseball teams owns the Sky's TV rights. And I don't see them giving that up.
I don't know if you remember but the was a TV station that owned the rights to the Bulls home games when he started. They used that leverage with cable to become a 'super station '. But that was how you watched Jordan back in the day.

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
Yes that was foul. There was a reason for that though. The WNBA doesn't own the broadcast rights for all of their teams. The station that shows one of the Chicago baseball teams owns the Sky's TV rights. And I don't see them giving that up.
I don't know if you remember but the was a TV station that owned the rights to the Bulls home games when he started. They used that leverage with cable to become a 'super station '. But that was how you watched Jordan back in the day.

Even when they advertised that the games were available to be seen on the WNBA app....it wasn't like they just so happened to be blackouts because of TV rights.

WNBA is going to actively have to lean into the reality this draft produced enough players that not only look good, can play... plus are enough diverse backgrounds to pull more young women into the game.....cause it's definitely not a league that's built to have to deal with the problem they're willing to create.

concise

Veteran
Daps
Opening night is more than regular season Pacers games. Fever tripping with those prices. I get that she is a big deal but you gotta crawl before you walk.

How are they tripping? Those are prices from a resale site. They have no control over resales.

Mars

Superstar
Daps
Opening night is more than regular season Pacers games. Fever tripping with those prices. I get that she is a big deal but you gotta crawl before you walk.

The game was actually in Dallas