Caitlin Clark making only $76K as a rookie, sparks outrage

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
How much did A’ja make? Like she’s already one of the wnba goats but I didn’t hear this much chatter over her pay. Any man with her accolades would be considered one of the great ones

concise

Veteran
Daps
It seems comparable. I ain't ever seen multiple teams switch to larger venues for a single game because of the popularity of an incoming rookie on a road team.:hubie: Shyt, more people watched the '24 WNBA draft than the '03 NBA draft, which is crazy when you look at how much more popular the NBA is than the WNBA. The hype is real, I don't see it as an unreasonable comparison at all.

WNBA has multiple teams playing in buildingsthat hold less than 10k, half the league is playing in 12k or less.

Drafts aren't anything important, nobody really watched drafts before ESPN starting hyping the hell out of the Kiper and McShay folks and turning them into pseudostars themselves.

---

Lebron was so hyped up, ESPN was showing HS basketball on national TV. I don't think you understand how wild of a concept that was for the time.

Dude had rappers showing up to his high school games. Cover of magazines. Bob Costas grilling him hard and letting him know to his face if he doesn't wind up as a Hall of Famer, he'll be considered a flop.

Can you imagine Bob Costas or anyone interviewing CC and asking her any hard questions or telling her anything other than "you're such an inspiration for little ( ) girls"? It's not the same.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
How much did A’ja make? Like she’s already one of the wnba goats but I didn’t hear this much chatter over her pay. Any man with her accolades would be considered one of the great ones
She makes like $200k per year. None of the current WNBA players are relevant mainstream and don't move the business needle like Caitlin. There's like one thread on the coli about A'Ja in like 10 years going back to when she was playing in SC. You've got like 12 threads on here about Caitlin in less than a year.

DaMos Supreme

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hey Ladies, how about stop dressing up going to nba games trying to snatch a dumb ass like PJ Washington and

Buy tickets to women games

Buy merchandise

Try to go out and promote/support these women..
But that’s hustling backwards though….if you look at from from the perspective of the ladies you’re referencing :hubie:

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
She makes like $200k per year. None of the current WNBA players are relevant mainstream and don't move the business needle like Caitlin. There's like one thread on the coli about A'Ja in like 10 years going back to when she was playing in SC. You've got like 12 threads on here about Caitlin in less than a year.
You’re 100% right.

Seems the people complaining about it shoot be looking at themselves :yeshrug: Caitlyn is a baller and deserved all this… people get mad though when they could’ve and should’ve been supporting this league from jump. Like it feels like the very last time women’s basketball got any decent support was back when Staley, Swoops, and Lobo they were playing.. that’s when they started the wnba and those players were why. Seems people should be quiet and just let it happen… I worked in Columbia when A’ja decided to go to USC out of high school.. Had plenty chances to talk to her after practice… Great player and person. I just hope that people keep this up when the WNBA season starts, you know people are going to talk shyt if those numbers aren’t good.. especially after all this CC hype.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I feel like wnba actually has a chance to overtake nba in popularity over the next 3-5 years if they make the right moves and the right stars pan out.

Edit-And to be clear,i dont mean globally

Chrishaune

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
I feel like wnba actually has a chance to overtake nba in popularity over the next 3-5 years if they make the right moves and the right stars pan out.

Edit-And to be clear,i dont mean globally

and that's what matters the most. People around the world are not checking for women's hoops.

That's where a lot of the money is coming from.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
and that's what matters the most. People around the world are not checking for women's hoops.

That's where a lot of the money is coming from.

Not when you factor in female buying power in America. These women could make alot more money off the court then the men.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly

PPL HAVENT BEEN MAKING
A BIG DEAL OVER IT...

WNBA PLAYERS HAVE BEEN
MAKING A BIG DEAL OVER IT
AND THE RESPONSE IS 90% NEGATIVE.

:devil:
:evil:

She's right. People have been. It hasn't been as consistent as far as how vocal, as the loudness of it comes in waves. But I've been watching WNBA since it's inaugural season, and there has always been an uproar about their salaries, it's just sometimes it's louder than others. Like every 3-4 years when the next superstar comes in, the public makes statements.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Why she did not go to the big three is stoopid.

Plus...
If anything. This should have been the indicator to lower the rim.

To make it really women's basketball and not women playing on a court and hoop suitable for men with a women ball. If the women ball is smaller. Why is the hoop not shorter.

It is stoopid.

I want to watch women basketball. Meaning women poke'n and high flying on one another.
why is the wnba not a real women's basketball league.
it is women playing on a goal suited for men. The wnba problem is it does not feature women.
playing professionally a sport made for women. It is women playing a version of the male sport. On a goal suited for men.

Lower the got damn hoop.

Only reason women basketball in college makes noise is becauee amerixa is boring as fukk and it is the only thing available for these people. Yet outside that.

No one wants to watch the equivalent of youth basketball level play.
from women on an adult men hoop.

You can go to the ymca and watch your child boy or girl. Shoot on a hoop they are not big ebough for yet.

nobody wants to watch that and pay.
without some marketing subsidiaries footing the bill.

yba parents are only there to support their kids. If playing on a hoop to tall for you was a draw. Yba championship ten and under would come on like the little league world series. Yet it does not. Simply because in little league a kid csn go yard and people wanna see that. Conglomerates will pay for that.
No one wants to pay for youth basketball and not see a dunk on national television. Same as the wmba
the problem with wnba is it is centered around a model. That only family and friends can suspend belief for.

By lowering the rim...you create a game.
that has drawing potential because it entertains.

Basketball is watched for the high flying exploits of players.
It is a reason why it is air jordan.

Lower the hoop

So we can turn on sports clips.
or see viral moments of some short five foot girl. Poking on griner.

or being so fluid and imaginative high flying above the rim.
that becomes the main attraction.
People wanna watch some power princess dunker.
plus call her some air associated nickname.

The problem with women basketball is. The endgame for a youth picking up a basketball. Is never a reality for a women basketball player in general. When a boy picks up a basketball. It is potentially when he grows older to dunk. Period.

You playing younger and trying to succeed. So when you get old enough and hopefully grow. You will be on a team. To get that fateful break away and throw it down. Nobody wants to get behind something that has no payoff and women's basketball only really has a payoff for rural collegiate programs. It has no payoff for the general girl to be enthusiastic about playing. As no girl gets to want to play basketball for the feral reason you play basketball. Which is to throw it down one day.

By not lowering the rim in the wnba. You ruin the endgame professionally for a women.
who played basketball.
As they never get the potential to really play basketball. For the reason every young male.
aspires to play basketball on a team game level.

which is to simply be on court and dunk.

bY taking rhat away from females. You also ruin the potential joy of the female players.
Plus you ruin the joy of any prospective Fan.
enjoying it as well.
Lower the fukk'n rim for wnba.

art barr
have you ever shot at a 9 foot rim?

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
The WNBA gonna need Caitlin, Angel, Paige and JuJu to be successful in the league

Those players are going to hit the Same snag as any other in this Gate meets draw based industry.

They need to lower the rim for the wnba.

Lower the rim for the wnba exclusively.

Meaning when a female player gets drafted. Now she is playing the real women game of basketball in the women's national basketball association.

Similar to how the nba built up its brand.
before they got rid of illegal defense.
The nba built its draw by saying.
It is mano e Mano.
So we can see someone get shook. Blow past you on a first step.

Then...

Ha!!!!!!!!

I am poke'n on you nikka.

The problem with the wnba. Is it never has a component.
to make it draw. Or a component in the rules. To create a draw to explode a gate.
Not to mention...
It is a business.

You are not going to fool some shrewd business tyc00n to do a damn thing. If those gate receipts are low.

How you change that.

Is lower the rim.
Plus how I think you do is simple.

You only lower the rim at two stops.
The entire wnba
Plus

The Mickie d's female high school game and create a separate women dunk contest.
[Even better if it is a girl. who is capable of dunking on the men's Mickie d dunk competiton side].
So we can see a what if.

Where that women physiologically struggles with artistry on the men's hoop. Yet we still get to see the spectacle.
of what basketball is watched for. Which is a dunk contest.
where we see women get imaginative and throw it down.

Art Barr

Lower the got damn rim....

This shyt not hard.

They just making it hard and it is too stoopid. Spelled With two o's. Instead of bring spelled with a, u.

Also the other thing that needs to be said.
The women hoop not being lowered also ruins parenting too. As you can never get on court with your daughter and get her really to want to compete with their parents to get better. Like real talk. Why would my daughter ever want to play basketball and she never has any real way to be better than me as her dad in any capacity. When if the rim was lowered. My daughter would have had the luxury of being like. I may not be able to win now. Yet if I get big enough and challenge my pops on the girl rim. I can still cross up pops and poke on his old ass. Just the fact a women does not get to think in that realm is criminal in itself. Women should at least be able to think about. Shut up. I can dunk on you.

Women being kept from that.
is the most egregious think about all this. A women never gets to feel.
what I as a guy gets to even think about as a possibility.

It is wrong.

Lower the fukkin rim for women's basketball.

I seriously can not stand it. I do not and will nevergret to see juju poke on some chick. When with her game. I am robbed of that as a visual and will never see because of some white boi bullshyt issues with women.

Art Barr