Caitlin Clark making only $76K as a rookie, sparks outrage

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
They do, we just don't give a fukk. They aren't transcendent talents, it is what it is.

We haven't seen a woman do what caitlyn does consistently.

I know how to separate women’s basketball away from men’s, viewers of the game need to accept that fact that it’s a different way they play the game. Everyone is just a critic and it gets annoying hearing everyone’s opinion on everything. But Caitlin entering the league doesn’t mean she will be successful.

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
I don't get it, cause Chiney thick ass is on national TV for telecasts...and a lot of viewers don't even realize shes one of the better WNBA players.

There is more than enough room for all these women to get shine, but they're operating like it's female rap.

if anything, these women should have more endorsements than the men, simply because they're able to sell everything from personal hygiene products,to makeup,womens health products/services,apparel and shyt men just can't promote.

I think Skylar Diggins had a deal with the Roc if I’m not mistaken, it’s just that the league push isn’t enough or something.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I know how to separate women’s basketball away from men’s, viewers of the game need to accept that fact that it’s a different way they play the game. Everyone is just a critic and it gets annoying hearing everyone’s opinion on everything. But Caitlin entering the league doesn’t mean she will be successful.
Well obviously the other millions of ball fans don't separate it. I didn't say that she'd be successful, but she captured the hearts and minds of the world with her play. So she has the juice, they don't, the sooner everyone accepts this and embraces it, the sooner everyone else will eat.

It's not even like Caitlyn is the only up and comer that has won over the masses. Juju is right behind her, she just needs results to go with highlights and accolades.

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
Well obviously the other millions of ball fans don't separate it. I didn't say that she'd be successful, but she captured the hearts and minds of the world with her play. So she has the juice, they don't, the sooner everyone accepts this and embraces it, the sooner everyone else will eat.

It's not even like Caitlyn is the only up and comer that has won over the masses. Juju is right behind her, she just needs results to go with highlights and accolades.

Yea Juju is also another one to watch, she's gonna be a problem later on when her game develops more.

Phantum

The Charisma of the Streets
Daps
WNBA will only be successful if WE watch it. Let's see how this season goes.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Alphabet Gang gonna come for you....but just like @beaniemac said, it's the elephant in the room no one wants to talk about. When the WNBA first started, I watched it a lot. You had a couple that were suspect, but most acted like heterosexual women! They let this stud culture take over and it's damn sure not helping.

My ain't shyt side wants some of these bulldaggers to haze CC, Reese and these new girls on some stud shyt and then they call it out. :lolbron:

Who the fukk wants to take their girl/wife to a game and have Snoop from the wire ass broads eyeing your lady. :what: (couple of cats I know that went to WNBA games had this happen to them :mjlol: )

facts. back in the late 90's when the comets were on their run, they were not pushing that agenda at all. and I used to watch regularly. even tho most people knew cheryl swoops was a lesbian. but I didn't see that all the studs back then that are as prevalent as they are now.

the WNBA might fare better if they pushed their straight players, cuz the dykes are clearly running the asylum.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
facts. back in the late 90's when the comets were on their run, they were not pushing that agenda at all. and I used to watch regularly. even tho most people knew cheryl swoops was a lesbian. but I didn't see that all the studs back then that are as prevalent as they are now.

the WNBA might fare better if they pushed their straight players, cuz the dykes are clearly running the asylum.

QFT on bolded.

Swoops had a son, did some dykin (problably because of the "atmosphere"/pressure), then went back to dikk. :mjlol:

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
She’s going to have millions through endorsements. She’ll get paid.

that's the mindset the WNBA hopes she adopts. there is an easy argument to be made that she deserves a bigger check from the league right now. her, angel, paige, juju... they're gonna bring ratings the league has never seen. and they know it.

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
I think Skylar Diggins had a deal with the Roc if I’m not mistaken, it’s just that the league push isn’t enough or something.

Skylar really could've changed the game cause she had the looks to endorse anything plus the game to validate it on the court.

But i think we can all agree that the WNBA has done little to nothing to promote their own talent.

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
Skylar really could've changed the game cause she had the looks to endorse anything plus the game to validate it on the court.

But i think we can all agree that the WNBA has done little to nothing to promote their own talent.

She was supposed to be the face of the league when she started, I think she got pregnant and took a back seat after but seems to be getting back again. I also remember players like Lisa Leslie who was a big time player in the league but that was way back.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cube offered her 5mil, not sure how many years though, still more than wnba bread.

I think Cube was just saying that for publicity. Big 3 money isn't that long and her salary would far exceed any of their other players.

Unless one of his Republican buddies was putting up the money I doubt they can offer that.