Caitlin Clark making only $76K as a rookie, sparks outrage

concise

Veteran
Daps
I think Cube was just saying that for publicity. Big 3 money isn't that long and her salary would far exceed any of their other players.

Unless one of his Republican buddies was putting up the money I doubt they can offer that.

She should have taken the offer and forced his hand.

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I think Cube was just saying that for publicity. Big 3 money isn't that long and her salary would far exceed any of their other players.

Unless one of his Republican buddies was putting up the money I doubt they can offer that.
Crazy to be selling wolf tickets like that, hope that’s not the case.

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The NBA has done all they can from stern to silver idk they should get blame for this league flopping at all

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
She should have taken the offer and forced his hand.

I don't believe there ever was a real offer. It's cap and there's no incentive for CC to go there and be a side show. It would be a slap in the face to women's basketball.

Crazy to be selling wolf tickets like that, hope that’s not the case.

The Big 3 couldn't even pay their players but I'm supposed to believe Cube has 5 mil :duck:

Former NBA player Nick Young says that Ice Cube‘s BIG3 league failed in keeping up with its payment schedule for players during its most recent season. During an interview with DJ Vlad, the Cali native shared insight into his BIG3 experience, which the 37-year-old joined under the Gilbert Arenas-led Enemies franchise in 2021.

“I think they need to get back to traveling to all different cities like they was,” the shooting guard said when asked of his time with the league. “‘Cause this past year, it felt like things weren’t ran well ’cause sometimes we ain’t get our money. Things got cancelled. Games got cancelled in the middle of the season. They didn’t know if they was gonna have a season. It was a lot, it was a lot this year.”

The NBA champion expounded further, adding “I feel like they need to get the right investments and really organize it better because this year in the middle of the season, the season was about to be over ’cause they didn’t have the money or something like that.” He also noted that the salaries the BIG3 provides are far beneath standard payouts from international leagues.

Y'all fell for the okey doke. Cube got people believing his league is more successful than it is.

Unbothered

ELEVATING to HIGHER LEVELS with POSITIVE VIBES ✨
Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
A woman like Caitlin I doubt is playing basketball for the money but is doing so because like for many it was always a dream/goal for her to become a professional WNBA player which was the driving force in playing collegiate sports.

People keep saying she should've joined the big 3 league. That would've been a terrible (idiotic) idea because it doesn't make any sense. She'd be the only woman playing among a league of men who are retired NBA players. What was she gonna do? Coach? Definitely not play. Ice Cube was just trynna to capitalize off her name during the tournament.

That would've been an awkward choice that doesn't help her growth in becoming a better basketball player. Just like everybody keeps saying how she's gonna do a lot for the league well the league is going to do a lot for her in terms of athletic development. It's not one sided.

She needs the WNBA just as much as the WNBA needs her for publicity, etc.

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
I don't believe there ever was a real offer. It's cap and there's no incentive for CC to go there and be a side show. It would be a slap in the face to women's basketball.

The Big 3 couldn't even pay their players but I'm supposed to believe Cube has 5 mil :duck:

Y'all fell for the okey doke. Cube got people believing his league is more successful than it is.

I said this from jump, they players making 5 to 10k a game yet CC gonna get 5 million for 8 games

I knew that offer wasnt real, it was just attempt to get publicity and step on the WNBA

Cube dont fukk with the NBA

Last edited:

Black Hans

Follow Jesus. Be Beautiful
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
John 14:6
I'm sure her Nike and Gatorade endorsement checks will hold her down for now. She'll be okay.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Am I missing something? I thought they were eating off of NIL in college basketball because of the record ratings. Why was everyone in a rush to go to the WNBA? I mean they will get endorsements by being pro, but WNBA ratings haven't been anywhere close to the numbers that womens college basketball were doing.

People acting like NIL stops after you leave college. :dead:

Same sponsors will be there paying her PLUS more.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
I said this from jump, they players making 5 to 10k a game yet CC gonna get 5 million for 8 games

I knew that offer wasnt real, it was just attempt to get publicity and step on the WNBA

Cube dont fukk with the NBA

Yall gotta chill with the conspiracies. He had sponsors and a network (I forgot which one) that approached him to make the offer. Cube wasn't footing the bill.