Caitlin Clark making only $76K as a rookie, sparks outrage

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Skylar really could've changed the game cause she had the looks to endorse anything plus the game to validate it on the court.

But i think we can all agree that the WNBA has done little to nothing to promote their own talent.
I don't think the league's biggest issue with promoting its players, its not like all of these great players like Maya Moore, Taurasi, Bird, Breanna Stewart, Aja, Arike, etc. came into the league as unknown players. They were big names in college that people followed and eventually the lack of interest in the WNBA in general hurt them. The WNBA promoting Caitlin wasn't the driving force for her jersey selling out, season tickets bought up, and CBS entering a deal but rather its the genuine interest in Clark and her game. The Coliseum and all the threads now related to women's basketball is kind of a microcosm of that.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Ain't no different than what Magic, Bird and Jordan had to deal with in the NBA 40-45 years ago.

It took those guys growing the game...putting it on the map and making it global. Which is why the league was able to explode in revenue.

Those guys never got compensated fairly for what they brought to the game. But what Pioneer is ever given their just due?

Caitlin has a chance to become a global phenom....she won't get that back in WNBA money but 25 years from now maybe these chicks can see a million dollar contract because of what she did for the game.

Bird, Magic and Jordan couldn't eat but because of their efforts you got bums like Tobias Harris today making a cool 250+ milly in lifetime earnings.

"taking time to build" and "putting in work" is foreign language to american women. they think everything men build is supposed automatically be handed to them on a silver platter.:heh:

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean for a part time job, it's not that bad.

People forget their season is 2/3 months

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
facts. back in the late 90's when the comets were on their run, they were not pushing that agenda at all. and I used to watch regularly. even tho most people knew cheryl swoops was a lesbian. but I didn't see that all the studs back then that are as prevalent as they are now.

the WNBA might fare better if they pushed their straight players, cuz the dykes are clearly running the asylum.

SWOOPS WASNT A LESBIAN
UNTIL LATER ON.

SHE WAS MARRIED TO A MAN
AND PREGNANT CAUSING HER
TO MISS THE LEAGUES FIRST SEASON.

SHE CAME OUT IN 05 AFTER 3 MVPS
WHICH KINDA SPEARHEADED THE
WNBA TURNING INTO A DIKE LEAGUE.

AFTER ALL OF THAT
SHES BEEN WITH A MAN
FOR THE LAST 13 YRS/MARRIED FOR 7.

SHE WAS BROKE IN 05
AFTER MAKING MILLIONS IN ENDORSEMENTS
SO IT APPEARS SHE WAS THE FIRST
TO ATTEMPT THE LGTB STIMULUS.
:devil:
:evil:

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Bradley Beal will make about the same amount as the whole WNBAs previous season revenue (60m) including the 15m money from the nba. :mjlol:

But I saw some report saying that revenue in the WNBA increased from 60 to 200, so if it's trending up like that they might be become "high income" workers from their salary soon enough

SmoothOperator88

Your friendly neighborhood coli poster
Daps
Reppin
NJ/BK
I don't think the league's biggest issue with promoting its players, its not like all of these great players like Maya Moore, Taurasi, Bird, Breanna Stewart, Aja, Arike, etc. came into the league as unknown players. They were big names in college that people followed and eventually the lack of interest in the WNBA in general hurt them. The WNBA promoting Caitlin wasn't the driving force for her jersey selling out, season tickets bought up, and CBS entering a deal but rather its the genuine interest in Clark and her game. The Coliseum and all the threads now related to women's basketball is kind of a microcosm of that.

Right. Even outside of here the WNBA became a topic of discussion in my main group chat a couple years ago.