c00nmedian Trevor Noah Tap Dances For Cacs By Taking Shot at Black Americans’ Claim to Homeland

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
That's cause you'd look silly saying it to someone who's not from America cause it's a whole continent and a country combined. It's not our fault we don't know what country we came from but to claim an entire continent ain't the wave. Especially when you've never stepped foot on said continent for 4-5 generations.
"Oh you're african American? :leon: where's your mother from?"
"Detroit."
"Oh and your father?"
"Oakland"
:rudy:
Look into your ancestry/genetics with a test. They can tell you what you have in you.

Once you know tell them that you ancestors are from there.

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I know all that. But like I said I phrased it the way I did to prove a point.
Majority of black people in America are American of african descent not african American. Which is basically what Trevor was saying, we aren't african American we're American.

Hell my Parents are from the Continent and I am recognized as being an American of African descent. The difference between me and AAs though is I have the ability to trace my ancestry to one group of people while AAs have a diverse genetic make up of different tribes hence the general "African" title being used in African American.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Look into your ancestry/genetics with a test. They can tell you what you have in you.

Once you know tell them that you ancestors are from there.

It's somewhere in a book at someone in my fam house I can't remember where we came from. Even if I did know, I'm still not going to say I'm anything other than American cause I haven't had a family member from Africa for 200 years or so. I'm not african american, I'm an american of African descent

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
It's somewhere in a book at someone in my fam house I can't remember where we came from. Even if I did know, I'm still not going to say I'm anything other than American cause I haven't had a family member from Africa for 200 years or so. I'm not african american, I'm an american of African descent
Key word "African Descent" and with genetic testing you can trace it to the country so nothing will stop you from reconnecting with your ancestors homeland.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
So let's say yall visit a country in africa. Doesn't matter which one any one will do. You walk into a local restaurant and the waitress ask, "what are you?"
Do you say
1. "I'm american."
2. "I'm black."
3. "I'm African american"
If you answered #3 and the waitress ask "what part of Africa are you from?"
What do you say then?
Do you bring up how your great great great great grandfather was brought over to America on a slave ship and that's the last time your family touched foot in africa or do you say I identify with africa.

Im just curious to see what some of your answers would be. Enlighten a brotha please.
Honestly, I'd tell them I was born and raised in America, but that I don't know what part of Africa my ancestry is primarily from, but I'd assure her that my ancestry is Sub-Saharan African. But then again, my inability to tell her where in Africa my ancestors came from, wouldn't change the fact that my ancestors ARE from somewhere in Sub-Saharan Africa. Me not knowing how to answer her questions won't change that undeniable fact.....

:manny:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Every single one that I have met have said "American". These idiots have never been over here. Their ancestral background is african but they are not african. They couldn't come here without a fukking visa and would have to leave as soon as the visa expired. They don't speak the local language, they don't eat the food, they have no immediate family here. Unless they marry wouldn't be able to obtain citizenship. They would be immigrants and viewed as outsiders. In other words, Trevor, as an African, knows what he is talking about.

If you're outraged, come on over. :jbhmm:
Trevor barely knows the cultural nuances of America. If he did, he certainly didn't act like he did. Again, he juxtaposed AA's pride in African Ancestry, with a West Indians pride in their nationality over their ancestry. Clearly he doesn't know or acknowledge that the reason some AA's choose ancestry over nationality is, because they were robbed of their own nation, language, heritage, etc.

Haitians, Jamaicans, Bajans, Antiguans, Bahamians and most Africans have their own culture and hybrid languages, and their own gov't run by Blacks. AA's have their own unique culture that has had global influence, they still grew up under the doctrines of White Supremacy in a predominantly White country.

And some AA's cope with that, by clinging to some sort of sub-Saharan African culture. Why Africans like Noah, don't understand this, or purposefully try not to understand this, who knows. Why they try to push AA's out of this frame of mind? Who knows. I know the minute that AA's decide to consider that anything other Blacks do that was borrowed form AA's is appropriation, than Black foreigners wouldn't feel to happy about that.

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
Lol wtf :mjlol:

What on earth in the video are people getting their knickers in a twist for???

Trevor Noah has been shytting on America and the U.K from a black stance for years before this infront of white people and you want to call him a c00n for this? Dude speaks a number of African languages and you still think he's a c00n. Man fukk this forum, some of you are hilarious

Jesus!

He is right too. You don't call light skinned Egyptians born in America, African Americans! It's only black people, so why don't you just say black Americans? Just like the British called black people "black British". African American in the way it's used now doesn't make any sense. Other wise you'll have Irish American, Scottish American, etc. Italian American is used for first generation Italians (mostly). Same shyt can be said, as he said, for Jamaicans. They're essentially African too, but do they call themselves African Jamaican? No, exactly.

And the shyt about "we're not waiting for you" obviously went over your heads. He literally meant it in the sense of: you're not exactly the most important person in the world, so it's not that big of a deal if you come over.

Last edited: