c00nmedian Trevor Noah Tap Dances For Cacs By Taking Shot at Black Americans’ Claim to Homeland

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Dude you have very little cultural identity to Africans, it's been 200-300 years. you're a black american

African-american should be reserved for the actual people coming from Africa

Mexicans ain't out here saying call us Spanish-Americans
Lol many mexicans I know still hold onto spain despite them taking over mexico.

Get out from under your rock.

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
Most of what he said wasn't really bad.

Although, I did get upset at the "we're not waiting for you" part. That was shytty.:stopitslime:

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
So let's say yall visit a country in africa. Doesn't matter which one any one will do. You walk into a local restaurant and the waitress ask, "what are you?"
Do you say
1. "I'm american."
2. "I'm black."
3. "I'm African american"
If you answered #3 and the waitress ask "what part of Africa are you from?"
What do you say then?
Do you bring up how your great great great great grandfather was brought over to America on a slave ship and that's the last time your family touched foot in africa or do you say I identify with africa.

Im just curious to see what some of your answers would be. Enlighten a brotha please.

YeLovesBoston

Superstar
Daps
So let's say yall visit a country in africa. Doesn't matter which one any one will do. You walk into a local restaurant and the waitress ask, "what are you?"
Do you say
1. "I'm american."
2. "I'm black."
What do you say then?
Do you bring up how your great great great great grandfather was brought over to America on a slave ship and that's the last time your family touched foot in africa or do you say I identify with africa.

Im just curious to see what some of your answers would be. Enlighten a brotha please.

I'll tell her I'm Haitian

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
Do you say
1. "I'm american."
2. "I'm black."
What do you say then?

Every single one that I have met have said "American". These idiots have never been over here. Their ancestral background is african but they are not african. They couldn't come here without a fukking visa and would have to leave as soon as the visa expired. They don't speak the local language, they don't eat the food, they have no immediate family here. Unless they marry wouldn't be able to obtain citizenship. They would be immigrants and viewed as outsiders. In other words, Trevor, as an African, knows what he is talking about.

If you're outraged, come on over. :jbhmm:

Hybrinetics

Banned
Daps
Do you say
1. "I'm american."
2. "I'm black."
What do you say then?

African American is only used in the states. American once you leave the states

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Every single one that I have met have said "American". These idiots have never been over here. Their ancestral background is african but they are not african. They couldn't come here without a fukking visa and would have to leave as soon as the visa expired. They don't speak the local language, they don't eat the food, they have no immediate family here. Unless they marry wouldn't be able to obtain citizenship. They would be immigrants and viewed as outsiders. In other words, Trevor, as an African, knows what he is talking about.

If you're outraged, come on over. :jbhmm:

Thank you.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Do you say
1. "I'm american."
2. "I'm black."
What do you say then?

Nobody asks "What are you" people will ask "Where are you from".

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
African American is only used in the states. American once you leave the states

That's cause you'd look silly saying it to someone who's not from America cause it's a whole continent and a country combined. It's not our fault we don't know what country we came from but to claim an entire continent ain't the wave. Especially when you've never stepped foot on said continent for 4-5 generations.
"Oh you're african American? :leon: where's your mother from?"
"Detroit."
"Oh and your father?"
"Oakland"
:rudy:

Deutsche Bank

Some Of My Partners Dope Fiends Ha
Daps
Reppin
Hookers & Blow
Africans too busy going to school, starting businesses, and buying up real estate to be engaged in this type of internecine nonsense. nikkas just like catfighting with each other like broads about some ol bullshyt that don't even damn matter.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I know that but for the sake of this thread I phrased it that way to prove a point.
What are you?

Globally everyone knows Black People originate from Africa, so the proper question of Where are you from is used to qualify Nationality and or Ethnicity.

If you see an Japanese and an Chinese man the proper question would be where are you from OR where is your family from/originate.

Accent and Name are qualifiers also of course.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Globally everyone knows Black People originate from Africa, so the proper question of Where are you from is used to qualify Nationality and or Ethnicity.

If you see an Japanese and an Chinese man the proper question would be where are you from OR where is your family from/originate.

Accent and Name are qualifiers also of course.

I know all that. But like I said I phrased it the way I did to prove a point.
Majority of black people in America are American of african descent not african American. Which is basically what Trevor was saying, we aren't african American we're American.