Brooklyn We back On The Map ..Official 2019 Brooklyn Nets Off Season thread

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Smart to clear as much salary possible. We have a lot of flexibility moving forward. That Claxton kid might be a sleeper pick though. He may be the 2nd or 3rd best big in the draft FWIW. Jalen Hands could be a solid development prospect. Its clear Marks values getting good athletes and trusts Kenny and staff to develop them.

Last edited:

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not really one to go off odds since they're easily manipulated but...

:mjpls:

Also this

Kyrie, KD, DJ?
2h56z6c.gif

He he won’t be cheap though, he signed a 1 year/23 mil contract last year so you’d figure he be asking for around the same to cross the bridge. Idk how a big 3 is possible with all these guys wanting max dollars.
Maybe KD or DJ takes a team friendly kind of deal?

The Knicks don’t need DeAndre Jordan, they’re rebuilding.

Crack Daniels

Under New Management
Daps
I’ve been as anti-Kyrie as anyone but this article by Zach Lowe has me reconsidering. Specifically the portion about how much better D’Angelo and the team can get as constructed :lupe:

Russell's personal improvement came entirely in honing skills he was already good at while steering even further away from weaknesses. Only 17 percent of Russell's shots came within four feet of the rim, the lowest mark of his career -- and one of the lowest among high-volume ball handlers, per Cleaning The Glass. He earned just three free throws per 36 minutes -- tied for his career low.

He redirected more offense into the midrange and floater zones. Russell is good at those shots. He hit 46 percent from both areas -- elite numbers! The follow-up questions are how much better Russell can get playing this style and how far any team led by Russell playing this style can go. There is an upper bound on midrange shooting. The Nets cannot expect Russell to hit 50 or 55 percent over any season. To reach another level -- to justify Brooklyn choosing the status quo -- Russell has to improve at other things.

Lowe: Kyrie or D'Angelo? How Brooklyn might handle a difficult decision

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
It’s crazy. I didn’t think Russell was worth a max but Kyrie is mercurial.

I hope Russell knows what he’s doing.
I hope Marks knows what he’s doing.

That Coogi Kyrie Jersey :gladbron:

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Russell's gone and my boy Kemba left NC

I knew both was coming and shyt still hurts damn, the Blue Devil in me won't let me stay down though

Kyrie's "different" but I think we have the personnel to manage. Only issue is he's around a worse cast than last year imo but I have to think if that were going to stay the case he'd wait for the Kawhi drama to settle and be a Laker if he could.

Worse comes to worse, we got Kyrie and another max to break up. We'll be alright. Coogi Kyrie 5s coming soon

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
D-LO sign and trade to Philly for Butler Is what it's looking like right now.

:francis:

This is ruining my day.