Brooklyn We back On The Map ..Official 2019 Brooklyn Nets Off Season thread

Crack Daniels

Under New Management
Daps
I tried to brace myself for this moment :wow:

Here’s my attempt at optimism:
  • Kyrie is undoubtedly better than D-Lo. He’s exactly the player we hoped D-Lo could turn into over the next 4 years
  • Kyrie’s main gripe appeared to be the young guys in Boston not taking the game seriously (partying late the night before) and not enough ball movement. Two things that won’t be an issue here
  • He knows his reputation has taken a massive hit and causing any turmoil here would be the nail in his coffin
  • Other players want to play with him. Even if we miss on KD there’s always gonna be another player demanding a trade/not resigning with their team and will have us on their list.
  • Most importantly, In Marks We Trust.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I tried to brace myself for this moment :wow:

Here’s my attempt at optimism:
  • Kyrie is undoubtedly better than D-Lo. He’s exactly the player we hoped D-Lo could turn into over the next 4 years
  • Kyrie’s main gripe appeared to be the young guys in Boston not taking the game seriously (partying late the night before) and not enough ball movement. Two things that won’t be an issue here
  • He knows his reputation has taken a massive hit and causing any turmoil here would be the nail in his coffin
  • Other players want to play with him. Even if we miss on KD there’s always gonna be another player demanding a trade/not resigning with their team and will have us on their list.
  • Most importantly, In Marks We Trust.

d'angelo is only 22 and avg 21 ppg 7 assists and 4 boards in only 30 minutes playing 81 games

Kyrie is 27, russell is only going to get better and kyrie is prob right now the best he will be

Crack Daniels

Under New Management
Daps
d'angelo is only 22 and avg 21 ppg 7 assists and 4 boards in only 30 minutes playing 81 games

Kyrie is 27, russell is only going to get better and kyrie is prob right now the best he will be

Thank you for stating the obvious. It’s fair to question exactly how much better D-Lo can get given his inability to consistently get to and finish at the rim. Also he was given free reign to run the offense (30+% USG) which may not be the case elsewhere.

Kenny Atkinson has made almost every single player better that’s come through Brooklyn, ESPECIALLY the PGs. So I wouldn’t assume we’ve seen Kyrie at his peak.

drifter

Superstar
Daps

Kyrie's best is better than D'angelo's better and whatever his best is and we can put money up on that. The intrigue is there because of the age difference but that's all it is, intrigue.

He's getting a bad rep bc of how the season went and he deserves it but he's only 4 years older than D'angelo and one of the greatest offensive talents in history at PG.

I know a lot of Nets fans grew attached to D'lo since he came on right when things started to turn around so he's like a reminder. We've spent so much time bigging up culture, if our culture is what we think it is then we should be fine.

AJtheOne

Nets/Giants/Yankees
Daps
Reppin
N.E.W. Jerz/#TNT
Thank you for stating the obvious. It’s fair to question exactly how much better D-Lo can get given his inability to consistently get to and finish at the rim. Also he was given free reign to run the offense (30+% USG) which may not be the case elsewhere.

Kenny Atkinson has made almost every single player better that’s come through Brooklyn, ESPECIALLY the PGs. So I wouldn’t assume we’ve seen Kyrie at his peak.

I doubt Kyrie is gonna get any better breh:ld:plus he's had injuries over the years, keep that in mind.

Crack Daniels

Under New Management
Daps
I doubt Kyrie is gonna get any better breh:ld:plus he's had injuries over the years, keep that in mind.

I’m trying to be optimistic breh come on :to:

I agree he’s pretty much capped out in terms of skill development, but he can still improve in terms of efficiency, shot selection, being a floor general etc. He’s only 27, that’s around the time guys have their best overall seasons. And I think we have the best medical staff in the league so if he needs to be on the Kawhi plan then fine

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Today feels like the beginning or end of school, or like some weird day that has a strange vibe to it.

As a Knicks fan, from Brooklyn, I want y'all all the success in the world and I hope within the next couple years both of our teams light the city up.

Good luck tonight and tomorrow, brehs.:salute:

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: TR7

AJtheOne

Nets/Giants/Yankees
Daps
Reppin
N.E.W. Jerz/#TNT
I’m trying to be optimistic breh come on :to:

I agree he’s pretty much capped out in terms of skill development, but he can still improve in terms of efficiency, shot selection, being a floor general etc. He’s only 27, that’s around the time guys have their best overall seasons. And I think we have the best medical staff in the league so if he needs to be on the Kawhi plan then fine

I've accepted what has happened :wow:now I'm just hoping for the best