Britney Griner Appears In Court Facing 10 Years In Russian Prison For Cannabis Possession

Cobalt Sire

All Star
Daps
People just don't get it. You can say it's not fair. You can say she's being used a a pawn. You can say if she were white Russia wouldn't have done it. You can say it's outrageous what they're penalties are for marijuana, etc. All that may be true. However, Americans have a habit of thinking that they can "no big deal" laws in other countries, and it doesn't work out over and over again. If I go to another country no way in hell I'm tryin to get weed through their airport. Either I'll find a local connect, or it'll just have to wait until I get home. In countries with harsh penalties, it'll just have to wait until I get home. If I do think it's that important, then I'll have to accept my fate if I get caught. I feel sorry for her, but unfortunately hubris is what lead her to this situation.

We don't even know if she had weed on her.

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
We don't even know if she had weed on her.

Because when facing potentially 10 years in a Russian jail, of course she's going to say yup I did it.

Griner has been going to Russia for years without incident. Unless some hard evidence comes out to say that she didn't, then I have no reason to believe that she wasn't indeed caught with it there. I know, as what happens every time an American is detained abroad, people will go the "they're just trying to set up an American! And a black American at that!!" route, but sometimes people just do dumb things and have to suffer the repercussions for them. I find that to be the simpler explanation more than some grand Russian scheme to set up an American celebrity for...reasons.

Cobalt Sire

All Star
Daps
Because when facing potentially 10 years in a Russian jail, of course she's going to say yup I did it.

Griner has been going to Russia for years without incident. Unless some hard evidence comes out to say that she didn't, then I have no reason to believe that she wasn't indeed caught with it there. I know, as what happens every time an American is detained abroad, people will go the "they're just trying to set up an American! And a black American at that!!" route, but sometimes people just do dumb things and have to suffer the repercussions for them. I find that to be the simpler explanation more than some grand Russian scheme to set up an American celebrity for...reasons.
Yeah, well I'm not going to make assumptions without knowing the facts. Innocent until proven guilty, right? Right???

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What was she doing in Russia during the war?. The President told everybody to get the hell out of Russia but now she's fukked :snoop:

Maybe, I am wrong but it seems nobody gives a fukk about her, not try to get her out. No protest, don't see NBA players speaking about it, etc.

Bolzmark

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
What was she doing in Russia during the war?. The President told everybody to get the hell out of Russia but now she's fukked :snoop:

Maybe, I am wrong but it seems nobody gives a fukk about her, not try to get her out. No protest, don't see NBA players speaking about it, etc.
NBA players have spoken on it. It's been in the media. The problem is she is in the custody of a country who as we speak, is struggling to win a war due to Americas intervention. Without Americas help with military equipment, intelligence and resources, Russia would have conquered Ukraine already. Russia is losing a whole lot of soldiers and Putin is embarassed in front of the world. Do we honestly think they are looking to appease us by sending her back? Michael Jordan, Lebron James, Beyonce and Rihanna could speak on it everyday and it wouldn't make a difference.

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
One of my former teammates still fly's around all over the place with carts like its normal i've been told him he gon get caught. Free the breh britney. But know your laws where you landing at and make a contact the easiest way its to go buy papers or blunts near a tourist spot they practically come to you.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
They don’t screen when you land after a domestic flight tf are you talking about? :dahell:

Arrests for small amounts of weed are no higher walking out of airports than walking other places in a state. If you’re not willing to take that level risk, don’t fukk with weed at all.

And again, I HAVE tried it in many states that haven’t legalized weed. The point is TSA is not looking for small amounts of weed. The weed seizures/arrests that do happen are for large scale (pounds) of weed. They almost always happen when going through TSA screening (be it checked luggage or walking through a checkpoint to BOARD the plane).

So the point remains that pretending that traveling the U.S. with small amounts of weed is some monumental risk is complete and utter bullshyt.

EDIT:

Ohhh, my bad, I forgot you were a complete idiot. I’ll just ignore you from now on.
They have dogs in the airport at baggage claim too.

But that’s beyond the point. You are trying to say the fact that y’all are getting away with something illegal means you’re allowed to do it. You’re not. And if caught, you’ll face charges. You even said so yourself.

This is like me saying “I murdered 3 people and nobody ever caught me so it’s all good fam!! You can murder and not even worry about them bullshyt charges”

Nah. And the charges are higher IF YOU TRAFFIC OVER STATE LINES… which is why I said if he got caught AT HIS HOME STATE.

Y’all want the govt to get involved more but they know she’s guilty of international smuggling of marijuana as she was caught smuggling it from the US to Russia. It’s not really a hard argument to make. It’s clear as day

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
NBA needs to play chess and invite Andrei Kirilenko to the states for a “meeting.” Plant some H on him when he’s about to head back to Mother Russia to get him detained. He’s the commissioner of Russian Basketball so a simple swap should be sufficient.

:troll::mjlol:

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
Yeah, well I'm not going to make assumptions without knowing the facts. Innocent until proven guilty, right? Right???
That's how a court of law works lol, not an individual's right to have an opinion on a case. It's like if someone is caught on video murdering 3 people and you say that people are supposed to say "innocent until proven guilty, right? Right??". No, they still get their day in court but I'm going to go ahead and think they're guilty. In this case, I haven't seen anything to suggest there is some nefarious scheme by Russia to lock up an American celebrity for 10 years for absolutely no reason. If that's proven to be the case in court, then so be it. Until then, as is my right, I'm going to have my opinion on it.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
That's how a court of law works lol, not an individual's right to have an opinion on a case. It's like if someone is caught on video murdering 3 people and you say that people are supposed to say "innocent until proven guilty, right? Right??". No, they still get their day in court but I'm going to go ahead and think they're guilty. In this case, I haven't seen anything to suggest there is some nefarious scheme by Russia to lock up an American celebrity for 10 years for absolutely no reason. If that's proven to be the case in court, then so be it. Until then, as is my right, I'm going to have my opinion on it.
Bro they not thinking logically. They think she had NO weed anywhere on her and they just planted it on there from the flight to the baggage claim… and then nobody from her to her lawyer to her wife to her friends to her supporters to the us govt, not a single person has said the words….

“She’s innocent”

Not a single one

Cyrus' Wife

Wife of a Warrior
Daps
A lot of yall clueless. Shes been playing in Russia for ten years now im sure she knows how to manuevre out there. If it wasn't weed cartridges they would've found "bullets" in her luggage. Putin wanted her locked and thats what happened. This is not about weed :snoop:

This. The Russians could have easily planted the weed on her.