Bride invites 60 needy kids to her NY wedding reception after she refused to sign a prenup

miranda

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Girls get offended by prenups. The logic that it shouldn't matter to men should also apply to them as well. If you were going into a marriage with the intent to be married forever, then the prenup will never be used, and thus shouldn't matter. You're only tripping about it because in the back of your head, you're thinking I might not get everything I want if this doesn't work out. Basically, both parties are thinking the marriage could end and how to best protect themselves and their interests. The men want to protect their assets by having a prenup. And the women want to protect their interests by convincing the man not to have one.
It is offensive. you're basically telling the woman you don't think the marriage will last, you've already formulated a divorce plan, and you think she's a thief.

prince_peoples

Superstar
Daps
You might be right. They only make like 150k, I thought it'd be more for some reason.
https://www.glassdoor.com/Salary/New-York-Life-Corporate-Vice-President-Salaries-E2915_D_KO14,38.htm

for some reason ppl seem to think because a person has a masters or phd they make a lot of money.

my ex has her masters and was broke for years after getting it.

the main chick i'm talking to now has her masters, and is going for a phd in some mental health shyt, and is broke as a joke.

a lot of people get for those kind of degrees just because they love school.

You might be right. They only make like 150k, I thought it'd be more for some reason.
https://www.glassdoor.com/Salary/New-York-Life-Corporate-Vice-President-Salaries-E2915_D_KO14,38.htm

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
for some reason ppl seem to think because a person has a masters or phd they make a lot of money.

my ex has her masters and was broke for years after getting it.

the main chick i'm talking to now has her masters, and is going for a phd in some mental health shyt, and is broke as a joke.

a lot of people get for those kind of degrees just because they love school.

Engineering is different.

This girl is making guap as an analysis/VP at an insurance company.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
most marriages don't fail. those "more than 50% of marriages end in divorce" stats are not true.

but i'll let you cook and say that those stats are true. so if most marriages fail, then wasn't she wise in not getting married? if it's just going to fail, why spend all that money on the wedding and the subsequent honeymoon?
Divorce isn't the only "failure" in a marriage. What about all the marriages where things aren't going well but they don't divorce b/c they're dependent on each other, or they don't divorce because they have kids, etc.

GoPro

EscoBeard Season Has Returned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#CertLife #ITGang
It is offensive. you're basically telling the woman you don't think the marriage will last, you've already formulated a divorce plan, and you think she's a thief.

:what: Women formulate divorce plans even before the proposal and initiate 70% of them. Why wouldn't a man want to protect himself? :what:

Last edited:

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
miss out on marriage because you won't sign a piece of paper
Exactly. What she did was very noble. But her mindset is a tad bit off. This isn't the 40's when women stayed at home and took care of kids and the house. So I don't see how women think they are entitled to what a man has when they work now.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
- Ph.D (2008), major in Electrical Engineering, minor in Operational Research & Financial Engineering
- Published 14 papers in top-tier international scientific journals,
- Including 2 first-authored publications in the top-most "Nature" journal (one in 2006, the other in 2008)
- Held 6 U.S. patents
- Gave 8 presentations in international scientific conferences
- First prize & People’s Choice Award, in Napkin Business Challenge Competition, C|NET, San Francisco (Apr. 2007)
- Graduate Merit Prize, Princeton University (2004)

:whew:

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
shes got a phd in electrical engineering from priceton i find it hard to believe shes a gold digger
notice it was her 8000 deposit on the venue
if anything she was marrying some dude below her grade
that wanted to be taken care of for the rest of his life in the event of a divorce
:sas1:
What you said makes no sense. Why would a dude want a prenup if he is below her grade? If anything she would be the one trying to get him to sign one.

Edub

Veteran
Daps
Glowing in her white gown, her hair braided in a classic updo, Yiru Sun was the picture perfect bride as she looked out at her 60 guests on Saturday.

But Yiru wasn't getting married, and she didn't know a single one of them.

The Princeton graduate and Corporate Vice President at New York Life Insurance had canceled her wedding two months ago after she refused to sign the proposed prenuptial agreement.

But instead of canceling the reception - which she put down a nonrefundable $8,000 deposit for - at the luxurious Harold Pratt House in the Upper East Side, Yiru decided she would find a group of children and families in need to attend instead.

rRmCGWM.jpg

sKbJnbV.jpg

And so the wedding day turned into a pre-Mother's Day luncheon, with Yiru joining forces with the Salvation Army and Inwood House to find the guests for the special day.

'At that moment, I started to think it was God's plan,' Yiru told the New York Post.
'I cannot be the princess of my wedding day, but I can give the kids a fairy tale.'

The children, who had their faces painted and were given balloons and ice pops, said the day made them feel special.
Some guests also gave musical performances on the piano and ukulele.

'I thought it was an incredibly selfless act,' guest William Natal told CBS New York.
Qv8224h.jpg

pDUbSBm.jpg

Just to turn around and do something that helps others is an amazing show of character.'
The event also helped Yuri, single mother to a six-year-old girl, take her mind off the fact that she would not spend the day tying the knot.

Yuri would only say that she was not comfortable with the prenup, adding that she 'initially felt frustrated' when she decided to call the wedding off.

But the day was not for wallowing. Instead Yuri told her guests about how she had grown up poor in China before studying in America and winning a full scholarship to obtain her PhD in electrical engineering at Princeton.

Yuri said she couldn't have enjoyed the day more, and she believes her guests felt the same way.
'My guests feel even more happier than wedding guests,' she joked. 'They don't need to prepare wedding gifts.'

NJbNYDM.jpg

Bride cancels wedding, invites 60 needy kids to her reception
She's the real MVP:mjcry:

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Good for her. :obama:

Some how black women will be blamed, I can feel the thread turning.

She has a PhD in electrical engineering, but she is president of NY Insurance Company.:swaggyP:

Asian brehettes just collect degrees. :wow: