brehs lets talk cologne game

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Agree with everything WIA said above.

I'm sampling and wearing things that I like. Hoes be damned.

I can buy a case of White Claw if I want to make girls happy. I buy the expensive whiskey for me. You know what I mean? That's how I think about this fragrance thing right now.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Tom Ford: 🍒🍒 💨💨

Kind of reminds me of those lil cinnamon pieces of hard candy grandma use to hand out in church way back when, in a good way though.

The open was a bit much. A little all over the place. Like if Axe or somebody made Cherry body spray.

Overtime, hints of the leather & other smoky smells came through but wasn't strong enough (for me). Yeah, I don't think I would buy a full bottle at it's price point at all.

And, after trying this, I'm not sure if Cherry is for me at all, unless there is a better blend out there perhaps.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
I get it. Everyone has their taste. And tastes can change. You hear a lot about people saying they hated a fragrance at one point....then they come back to it later and they love it. Or the other way around.

I didn't entirely LOVE Bleu de Chanel Parfum when I had it. I was just looking at my colognes today and I realized...I'm probably never going to finish that YSL Y.

And it's not like you buy a cologne and you have to finish it in a year or two. I've seen people that have things in their collection for 8....10 years. But with these decants that I have now...I have a better idea of what excites me.

I will say though...YSL Y (EDP) doesn't offend anybody. Like, I could wear that any time of year, to any occasion, and feel good about it.
You ain’t lying either. I remember my big goofy ass bought Dior Homme intense because these YouTube nikkas use to gas that shyt up. shyt been sitting on my dresser since 2016. shyt damn near full. I still haven’t fully came around to it. I loved Dior Homme EDT 2012 version. The opening. Smell weird as fukk but that dry down was fukking beautiful. I smell the Intense I was tight as fukk. I wanted to swing on Kevin Samuels and jeremy fragrance. Even the old dude that died recently I forgot his name. After that I said I’m always sampling shyt before I bought. Only blind buy I lucked up on was spicebomb extreme.

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
I get it. Everyone has their taste. And tastes can change. You hear a lot about people saying they hated a fragrance at one point....then they come back to it later and they love it. Or the other way around.

I didn't entirely LOVE Bleu de Chanel Parfum when I had it. I was just looking at my colognes today and I realized...I'm probably never going to finish that YSL Y.

And it's not like you buy a cologne and you have to finish it in a year or two. I've seen people that have things in their collection for 8....10 years. But with these decants that I have now...I have a better idea of what excites me.

I will say though...YSL Y (EDP) doesn't offend anybody. Like, I could wear that any time of year, to any occasion, and feel good about it.
Sell me that YSL Y for cheap.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Broke out the Scotch and Porter for Black history month.

transition.jpg

Kenny_Powers

Trade Lonzho
Daps
Reppin
LWO
I do not get the hype for Killian’s Smoking Hot. People calling it their best release but shyt smells like double apple hookah. For yall dont know what that is, think black licorice. shyt gives me a headache. :mjlol:

Intoxicated, Straight to Heaven, Playing With the Devil, and Angel’s share are way better for fall/winter time.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane

Done tested these out:

Both have fire projection

Aoud Exclusif is like Red Tobacco minus tobacco. It is super strong. Spicy, with that Patchouli, amber, oud and vanilla mix.

Precious Oud got a whiskey, oud, tiramisu, rose, amber and woody mix.

Both these shyts attach to you like a spirit.

I also just got Hindu Kush delivered and I'm going to compare it to the FBO dupe version.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I do not get the hype for Killian’s Smoking Hot. People calling it their best release but shyt smells like double apple hookah. For yall dont know what that is, think black licorice. shyt gives me a headache. :mjlol:

Intoxicated, Straight to Heaven, Playing With the Devil, and Angel’s share are way better for fall/winter time.
I haven't been intrigued by Killian as a house.

I think every fragrance house has good fragrances, but within certain houses or certain lines, there tends to be a certain signature. And the Killian house doesn't appeal to me.

I'm kinda getting that same feeling with Amouage based on some of my samples. Also with Creed a bit.

Some brands just don't jive with you. They can still be good. I'm trying to be fair and rather than bash, I'll say they are not for me.

Kenny_Powers

Trade Lonzho
Daps
Reppin
LWO
I haven't been intrigued by Killian as a house.

I think every fragrance house has good fragrances, but within certain houses or certain lines, there tends to be a certain signature. And the Killian house doesn't appeal to me.

I'm kinda getting that same feeling with Amouage based on some of my samples. Also with Creed a bit.

Some brands just don't jive with you. They can still be good. I'm trying to be fair and rather than bash, I'll say they are not for me.
I appreciate Killians for its uniquness and beat projection/longevity. But nothing that makes me go wow I need this.

Amouage’s fragrances all straight up smell like incense to me. Not a fan at all.