brehs lets talk cologne game

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
2023 numbers for the top 10 - how much money they brought in - so think that Sauvage is ~100 bucks a bottle, and Creed is 500 - so Sauvage sold ~1.2 million bottles last year, and Aventus 52,000

Column 1 - this year
Column 2 - last year

Most surprising to me
  1. Aventus is a top 10 cologne by value, wow. (Ash says it's the #57 by bottles sold, so cats shouldn't worry about folks recognizing it)
  2. Sauvage Elixir sold that much? FOH, for real? Damn.... (18th in terms of volume, but damn...)
  3. Gucci Guilty is still killing it. Very surprising. 10th most popular sold. (ADG not so surprising)
  4. Burberry Hero? I don't think i've put my nose on this one (9th in number of bottles)

Top-10-fragrances-for-2023.jpg

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's been said that over time YSL Myslf will be a top seller.

At our fantasy football draft, two guys showed up wearing Gucci Guilty. Their wives had gotten it as a gift, so when a woman is shopping for fragrances at Macy's that is what it seems they enjoy. That is how I understood it.

It is surprising how Sauvage and Bleu de Chanel are doubly as popular as everything else.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Their wives had gotten it as a gift,

The sheconomy

and if you don't have Harvard Business Report Access

Women make the decision in the purchases of 94% of home furnishings…92% of vacations…91% of homes… 60% of automobiles…51% of consumer electronics.

Off topic, but I really do hate seeing women in the Men's section. A man should be buying his own clothes and deciding how he wants to present himself.

Maybe I'm old school.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I haven't been intrigued by Killian as a house.

I think every fragrance house has good fragrances, but within certain houses or certain lines, there tends to be a certain signature. And the Killian house doesn't appeal to me.

I'm kinda getting that same feeling with Amouage based on some of my samples. Also with Creed a bit.

Some brands just don't jive with you. They can still be good. I'm trying to be fair and rather than bash, I'll say they are not for me.
Yea I've had samples of Amouage fragrances and as a whole I'm not impressed especially for the price point. I love by Killian though. Angel Share, Black Phantom, Back To Black, Apple Brandy, Roses On Ice, and Intoxicated are all great frags IMO but hey we all like and don't like what we like and don't like.