brehs lets talk cologne game

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not a bad sale. But nothing I'm excited to buy immediately.

I would get a bottle of Renaissance from Xerjoff but that can wait.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Not a bad sale. But nothing I'm excited to buy immediately.

I would get a bottle of Renaissance from Xerjoff but that can wait.

I'm so jaded! 2 years ago I would have jumped on Layton, Layton Exclusif, or Herod.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm so jaded! 2 years ago I would have jumped on Layton, Layton Exclusif, or Herod.
You know what, I'm kinda getting there.

I wouldn't say I'm jaded. What I wish is that fragrances would come out with 30 ml bottles. Some companies do have 50 ml bottles and that's great too.
I like Herod and Sedley but I don't want to pay $200 for them. If they had a 30 ml bottle that hit discounters for $80 I'd be more inclined to buy.

I might conclude that in the future I will only buy 5ml or 10ml decants of my favorites. That won't look sexy, and there is a part of me that does enjoy the presentation of some of these bottles. Sometimes sacrifices have to be made though. I guess I will see.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Isola Blu by Roja Dove -- So this is apparently a remake of "Oligarch" which was discontinued. This is beautiful. Spring and Summer. There are a ton of base notes on here but it's blended like crazy because I don't know that I can detect any of them really well. I was surprised that there's coconut in this but I can't tell. This smells elegant. There's citrus but not a sharp citrus. This is so good. I find it smooth. I read some people get a lot of wood or grass/moss out of this and I get that. But it's not overpowering. Not sure how to describe it. It's like a mix between a green scent and a citrus scent. This is a great office scent/day time scent. Not really sexy in a dark way so I wouldn't rock this at night. But this is on my full bottle list, personally. The decant was pricey though, I'm not gonna lie. I can't say "it's worth it". That's for people to decide for themselves. I love this. Expensive AF though.

Burlington 1819 by Roja Dove -- I'm curious what @Monoblock thinks about this because I think he has it. This is interesting. I don't find it as commanding and as powerful as Isola Blu. Feels more summery, but in a sharper way...I guess in that sense it's more distinct and impressionable. There's a definitely that lime and grapefruit opening but then I get more of the orange and as it dries down, I get more of the mint or ginger. There's a mild cumin scent but it's weird. It doesn't smell like the cumin powder you'd have in your pantry. This is nice but I don't know that I necessarily love it for a full bottle. I'll need more time to decide. I think it depends on your skin. I can see this being great for some people, and bad for others.

Edit - that mint can some across like medical cream or something. Is it the mint? It's something about it that vaguely gives me that feeling. Again not bad, but this really isn't for everyone.

2nd edit - turns out a 50ml bottle of Isola Blu is $485. So its the decant life for me...

Last edited:

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Isola Blu by Roja Dove -- So this is apparently a remake of "Oligarch" which was discontinued. This is beautiful. Spring and Summer. There are a ton of base notes on here but it's blended like crazy because I don't know that I can detect any of them really well. I was surprised that there's coconut in this but I can't tell. This smells elegant. There's citrus but not a sharp citrus. This is so good. I find it smooth. I read some people get a lot of wood or grass/moss out of this and I get that. But it's not overpowering. Not sure how to describe it. It's like a mix between a green scent and a citrus scent. This is a great office scent/day time scent. Not really sexy in a dark way so I wouldn't rock this at night. But this is on my full bottle list, personally. The decant was pricey though, I'm not gonna lie. I can't say "it's worth it". That's for people to decide for themselves. I love this. Expensive AF though.

Burlington 1819 by Roja Dove -- I'm curious what @Monoblock thinks about this because I think he has it. This is interesting. I don't find it as commanding and as powerful as Isola Blu. Feels more summery, but in a sharper way...I guess in that sense it's more distinct and impressionable. There's a definitely that lime and grapefruit opening but then I get more of the orange and as it dries down, I get more of the mint or ginger. There's a mild cumin scent but it's weird. It doesn't smell like the cumin powder you'd have in your pantry. This is nice but I don't know that I necessarily love it for a full bottle. I'll need more time to decide. I think it depends on your skin. I can see this being great for some people, and bad for others.

Edit - that mint can some across like medical cream or something. Is it the mint? It's something about it that vaguely gives me that feeling. Again not bad, but this really isn't for everyone.

2nd edit - turns out a 50ml bottle of Isola Blu is $485. So its the decant life for me...
Yea I have Burlington 1819 and it's one of my summer weapons. Like you said not as attention getting as Isola Blu in the opening but it does it's thing with the grapefruit opening and by the time the mint and ginger hits you in the mid it commands attention. Where Isola grab you in the opening, Burlington grabs you in the mid and dry down especially with the oakmoss, rum, and patchouli.
I want to get my hands on Isola Blu but man I can't do it for $500. I went with Alexandria's- Isola D'Santorini knock off instead and I'm good.

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
Where can I get most of those colognes?

I recommend you try the colognes first yourself, you're not going to like everything just because it's mentioned in here, for example Creed is just not for me personally, but other cats in here like it, so don't blind buy anything

I just got the Invictus Platinum but it's a very cold weather masculine scent, I like it but it's not for Spring or Summer in my opinion

MyApps

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I recommend you try the colognes first yourself, you're not going to like everything just because it's mentioned in here, for example Creed is just not for me personally, but other cats in here like it, so don't blind buy anything

I just got the Invictus Platinum but it's a very cold weather masculine scent, I like it but it's not for Spring or Summer in my opinion
I'm trying to get compliments for my shyt. I know Creed Millesime didn't get many compliments, was a little disappointed.

I'm trying drop bread on 2-3 good colognes. I got Karen low black, it's pretty decent.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
I'm trying to get compliments for my shyt. I know Creed Millesime didn't get many compliments, was a little disappointed.

I'm trying drop bread on 2-3 good colognes. I got Karen low black, it's pretty decent.

If you're looking for compliments, definitely stop buying full bottles. Don't buy anything niche, not even discounted is cheap enough if you bout broads.

A scent might be popular here, popular online, smell good in the store, might smell good on your skin according to you, might be something you like - and HOES WILL HATE IT.

Folks that are really into fragrance (assuming they still like designer) really love Bleu De Chanel Parfum (the most expensive one) and Sauvage Elixir (the most expensive one)

The ones that hoes respectable young ladies like? - Sauvage EDT (the cheapest one), and Versace Dylan Blue (an ever cheaper version of Sauvage that you can get at a good Marshalls or Kohls)

Real talk, it's stuff like Coach, YSL MYSLF, Givenchy Gentleman Society, and other stuff cologne heads don't like - that females do like.

This cheap generic bs? Synthetic garbage? Yes. A cut above shower gel? Yes. For real? YES.

Grab you a nice 2-5ml sample of the popular stuff from the following places

www.decantx.com
www.perfuum.com
www.scentsplit.com

Stick to the best sellers that you might find at Macy's.

And then hit the spots where the drinks are flowing and the skirts are short and test them joints.

Creed? Xerjoff, Parfums de Marly? Tom Ford? Louis Vuitton? No, No, No, No, and No.

Don't be the dude wearing some straight from Dubai expensive oud making females turn they nose up.

When all is said and done, you probably only need a nice fresh smelling joint, and a nice sweet (but manly) smelling joint.
That's it. That's being practical.

Everything is style.