brehs lets talk cologne game

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
I don't be caring about the environment for what I wear. :dead:

I will be in a strategic conference smelling like blueberries. :skip:
I thought i was the only one that didnt give a fukk. I use to think like that. Use to Be having whole bottles just sitting there because I dont want to where it at work. I said fukk all that, and wore what I want.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
My Xerjoff Accento arrived today. That velvet purple bottle gotta be my favorite in my lineup of:

MFK Amyris Extrait
MFK Extrait
PDM Althair
PDM Haltane
PDM Layton
Bleu de Chanel
YSL Y EDP
Bvlgari Tygar

And that drydown. Some of the best I’ve ever smelled. :blessed:
Probably the most slept on. I get it though. shyt aint cheap.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
At some point last year...or maybe it was the year before, I got a bottle of YSL Y (EDP). I ended up giving away my bottle of Bleu de Chanel Parfum to a friend, because I thought having both fragrances was redundant.

So here I am now, and I was thinking that I actually prefer the parfum version of Bleu de Chanel because it's a bit more refined, mature.
That's not to say that I don't like YSL Y. It's a good fragrance. But I haven't reached for it a lot.

Anyway my buddy agreed to the trade -- in part because he already had another bottle of BDC (the EDT) and he's somewhat of a sucker for blue fragrances anyway. Dude was practically heartbroken when YSL discontinued Bleu Electrique.

So I got a new fragrance....but not really.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
At some point last year...or maybe it was the year before, I got a bottle of YSL Y (EDP). I ended up giving away my bottle of Bleu de Chanel Parfum to a friend, because I thought having both fragrances was redundant.

So here I am now, and I was thinking that I actually prefer the parfum version of Bleu de Chanel because it's a bit more refined, mature.
That's not to say that I don't like YSL Y. It's a good fragrance. But I haven't reached for it a lot.

Anyway my buddy agreed to the trade -- in part because he already had another bottle of BDC (the EDT) and he's somewhat of a sucker for blue fragrances anyway. Dude was practically heartbroken when YSL discontinued Bleu Electrique.

So I got a new fragrance....but not really.
For some reason, I dont like it. I guess because I really love the EDP. YSL y EDP smells way better to me. I hated Y the original but I love the EDP.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps

I think Y EDP gets in on the blue family by luck. If I didn't know anything about the conventions, I'd think it was more like Eros than anything else. It used to be my favorite. Then BDC Edp took the spot. Then I recognized how beastly Sauvage was...

Now, BDC Parfum is my favorite blue, but I keep pushing off buying a bottle. It went up to 160 (from 155) last week. (Yes, I do keep a spreadsheet of prices, thank you very much)

So-Chi

Colfax to the burbs'
Daps
Reppin
goons in the cut tryna talk you out yo necklace
My Xerjoff Accento arrived today. That velvet purple bottle gotta be my favorite in my lineup of:

MFK Amyris Extrait
MFK Extrait
PDM Althair
PDM Haltane
PDM Layton
Bleu de Chanel
YSL Y EDP
Bvlgari Tygar

And that drydown. Some of the best I’ve ever smelled. :blessed:
Which PDM you like for spring/summer?

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
For some reason, I dont like it. I guess because I really love the EDP. YSL y EDP smells way better to me. I hated Y the original but I love the EDP.
I get it. Everyone has their taste. And tastes can change. You hear a lot about people saying they hated a fragrance at one point....then they come back to it later and they love it. Or the other way around.

I didn't entirely LOVE Bleu de Chanel Parfum when I had it. I was just looking at my colognes today and I realized...I'm probably never going to finish that YSL Y.

And it's not like you buy a cologne and you have to finish it in a year or two. I've seen people that have things in their collection for 8....10 years. But with these decants that I have now...I have a better idea of what excites me.

I will say though...YSL Y (EDP) doesn't offend anybody. Like, I could wear that any time of year, to any occasion, and feel good about it.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
But with these decants that I have now...I have a better idea of what excites me.
preach-hand-wave-robert-downey-jr-go6c4jqa2e1hwwu3.gif

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think Y EDP gets in on the blue family by luck. If I didn't know anything about the conventions, I'd think it was more like Eros than anything else. It used to be my favorite. Then BDC Edp took the spot. Then I recognized how beastly Sauvage was...

Now, BDC Parfum is my favorite blue, but I keep pushing off buying a bottle. It went up to 160 (from 155) last week. (Yes, I do keep a spreadsheet of prices, thank you very much)
I have to laugh at the prices comment because last week when I was at the mall, I was sampling Tom Ford Ebene Fume and the lady kept telling me to get it now before the prices go up. Could she have been right? Maybe. But I looked at it as just a pressure tactic. Like I said in the chat, I put it off and got Tobacco Vanille for now, but maybe prices are going to increase for fragrances across the board. :jbhmm:

I hope not.:damn:

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
I have to laugh at the prices comment because last week when I was at the mall, I was sampling Tom Ford Ebene Fume and the lady kept telling me to get it now before the prices go up. Could she have been right? Maybe. But I looked at it as just a pressure tactic. Like I said in the chat, I put it off and got Tobacco Vanille for now, but maybe prices are going to increase for fragrances across the board. :jbhmm:

I hope not.:damn:

They been steadily rising, little by little.

Fragrance got a massive boost thanks to COVID, and these designer houses are increasing prices, not just keeping up with inflation.

What makes me grab a bottle EARLY these days (just copped Acqua Di Gio EDP) is the threat of discontinuation. I'd rather keep my money in my pocket.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
SOTD - Papilefiko by Nishane
How is this? I'm wearing B-612 now and really like it but I heard this one is a ..."unique" scent profile to say the least.
Oh yea forgot to mention I have those decants of :

Jubilation XXV
-This is special. The blackberry/orange opening really locks you in and then after about 20 minutes the cloves and a light cinnamon hit you. Not cloying at all and very pleasant. The myrrh comes through on the dry down and really sticks around. Never smelled anything like this and really like it.
Beach Hut Man- This has to be one of the most misleading frag names that I've ever smelled. The mint punches you in the esophagus and after about 10 minutes the green, woods and spices hit you. Not a bad frag but this does not put me in the mind of the beach at all. More like a spice garden that last 6-7 hours on skin
Sutton Place- I'm on the fence with this one. Fresh citrus and bergamot opening and then after 20-30 minutes the vanilla, woods, and leather kick in but I swear it only sticks around for maybe another hour or two and then....nothing. This thing totally disappears on my skin after 2-3 hours. I'd be pissed if I bought a full bottle of this.

Last edited:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How is this? I'm wearing B-612 now and really like it but I heard this one is a ..."unique" scent profile to say the least.
So here's what I wrote when I first got the sample:

Papilefiko by Nishane - I actually like this. I like it in the air. If I press my nose against the skin, I get a mild irritation from like...a pine tree or something. Lots of cardamom and citrus. But it's not like a loud projecting citrus to me. Not like Terre D'Hermes where orange or lemon might be announcing itself. I get like...a hard candy citrus. That sounds weird. Probably more fall and spring than summer. I think I'd wear this early evening or at night. But lightly. I wouldn't want it to choke out the room. Not sure if recommend it as someone's 1st Nishane purchase. Worth a sample.

I would just add that for a "cool weather scent"...personally I don't get a lot of the warm spiciness that most people associate with winter fragrances, so it's different in that sense.