Brehs, how would it feel knowing you are going to hell

2manyFCKNrappers

mentally i measure kilos
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
While there were books left out of the Bible, I am not sure gospel of st. thomas is one of them as it could be fake but then again...

fine, but the same argument could be used about what's printed in the bible. how can you be sure that those are indeed, "real"

because someone told you they were?

i'll never stop someone from believing what they think is true, but the irony of your statement deserves some reflection. the gospel of st. thomas is a book where jesus is speaking his direct wisdom, yet as a christian, you will question the validity of christ's words because they were not printed in the original book.

yet the "original" mass copy that has less than 5% of Christ's dialogue is what's being used to teach you about Christ and it's automatically valid because it has been used for centuries.

has it ever occurred to you that the false idols you were told to banish could actually be the same tools you use to discover the truth. the truth is not in a book, the truth is around the book, and the book could just be there to see if you're willing to really know what it says and what it's not saying at all.

2manyFCKNrappers

mentally i measure kilos
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
The Gospel of Thomas is a Gnostic Gospel meaning it is heretical. Secondly it was written in the second century and has evidence of editing and poor references to earlier teachings. I assume you are a muslim because these are the classic arguments they always jump on.

you assume i'm a muslim because i brought up the gospel of st. thomas?

:patrice:

out of everything i could be and all the possibilities and variables that brought me to that information you narrowly pigeionhole me as a muslim because i've come across one specific book related to the bible?

:wow:

breh...the world is WAYYYYY bigger.....way bigger.

LostOne

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you assume i'm a muslim because i brought up the gospel of st. thomas?

:patrice:

out of everything i could be and all the possibilities and variables that brought me to that information you narrowly pigeionhole me as a muslim because i've come across one specific book related to the bible?

:wow:

breh...the world is WAYYYYY bigger.....way bigger.

Nah its not simply because of the Gnostic Gospels references but the combination of the Paulism argument. Are you a muslim?

observe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The Forest Where Hope Died
Interesting, how do you know it is true though?

I don't know if it's true...that's what I believe...i just put my own twist on rencarnation to what helps me fit me..I'm spiritual but lately I've been being very super logical which is weird..but I think we're all spiritual beings..ya I'm a athiest cuz I don't believe in organized religion...but I do believe that there is something out there after we die..I had a few spiritual experiances, so atheists can't tell me that after I die it will be nothingness..to me that just isn't true..

LostOne

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know if it's true...that's what I believe...i just put my own twist on rencarnation to what helps me fit me..I'm spiritual but lately I've been being very super logical which is weird..but I think we're all spiritual beings..ya I'm a athiest cuz I don't believe in organized religion...but I do believe that there is something out there after we die..I had a few spiritual experiances, so atheists can't tell me that after I die it will be nothingness..to me that just isn't true..

Making up our own truths does not make something true though, and when salvation is on the line I think we should all look very carefully at the evidence of our beliefs. Faith is not blind, it is reasonable, historical, and experiential. Test it.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
fine, but the same argument could be used about what's printed in the bible. how can you be sure that those are indeed, "real"

because someone told you they were?

i'll never stop someone from believing what they think is true, but the irony of your statement deserves some reflection. the gospel of st. thomas is a book where jesus is speaking his direct wisdom, yet as a christian, you will question the validity of christ's words because they were not printed in the original book.

yet the "original" mass copy that has less than 5% of Christ's dialogue is what's being used to teach you about Christ and it's automatically valid because it has been used for centuries.

has it ever occurred to you that the false idols you were told to banish could actually be the same tools you use to discover the truth. the truth is not in a book, the truth is around the book, and the book could just be there to see if you're willing to really know what it says and what it's not saying at all.
I only question it because I haven't read it, it's not that I do not believe it. There is a clear difference. Don't assume and then conjure up an attack. I can change my mind at any given time with more awareness.

2manyFCKNrappers

mentally i measure kilos
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
The Gospel of Thomas is a Gnostic Gospel meaning it is heretical. Secondly it was written in the second century and has evidence of editing and poor references to earlier teachings. I assume you are a muslim because these are the classic arguments they always jump on.

also, let's say it was heretical and it was written in the second century. the fact that something associated with heresy embodies christ. christ was a heretic. he was against organized religion from the jump. just refer to the story of him going to Herod's temple. he detested anything where people were seeking outside validation to find the "kingdom". heresy was used before the christ to describe people who went against the crown or the monarchy because they were considered gods.

secondly, the editing and poor references being associated with it coming from the second century is laughable. the translation and editing of all ancient works is flawed more than we can even fathom, which is why Christ told everybody to look within. the word is internal before it is scribed. thousands of years, lifestyle changes, language and interpretive differences have corrupted all ancient teaching and their original format because what was written in those times and how it would relate to life today is inconceivable. the laws of the land and the lifestyles that defined right and wrong around the time the bible and even before it was written is applicable but very limited.

Last edited:

2manyFCKNrappers

mentally i measure kilos
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I only question it because I haven't read it, it's not that I do not believe it. There is a clear difference. Don't assume and then conjure up an attack. I can change my mind at any given time with more awareness.

i would never attack anyone for their beliefs. i don't really like to talk about religion with people because i feel it's mostly programming with a hint of faith and belief. at the same time, i respect where another person is at on their journey.

2manyFCKNrappers

mentally i measure kilos
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Nah its not simply because of the Gnostic Gospels references but the combination of the Paulism argument. Are you a muslim?

no, i'm not muslim...

...and if we're talking about what's in black and white, the new testament is Paulism. 80% of the new testament are letters and instructions written by Paul. very little of the bible includes Christ.

observe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The Forest Where Hope Died
Making up our own truths does not make something true though, and when salvation is on the line I think we should all look very carefully at the evidence of our beliefs. Faith is not blind, it is reasonable, historical, and experiential. Test it.

Ya..I'm sure the bible has some real history in there..im actually thinking of buying the bible, Torah, and koron, for historical purposes..my dad was Muslim and before he died he told me those are the 3 books I must read..but nothing is gonna change what I believe....and I'm not trying to change what other people believe..cuz I believe we will all end up in the same place ...so it doesn't matter to me..I just express my believes thru my music..that's it..

LostOne

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
also, let's say it was heretical and it was written in the second century. the fact that something associated with heresy embodies christ. christ was a heretic. he was against organized religion from the jump. just refer to the story of him going to Herod's temple. he detested anything where people were seeking outside validation to find the "kingdom". heresy was used before the christ to describe people who went against the crown or the monarchy because they were considered gods.

secondly, the editing and poor references being associated with it coming from the second century is laughable. the translation and editing of all ancient works is flawed more than we can even fathom, which is why Christ told everybody to look within. the word is internal before it is scribed. thousands of years, lifestyle changes, language and interpretive differences have corrupted all ancient teaching and their original format because what was written in those times and how it would relate to life today is inconceivable. the laws of the land and the lifestyles that defined right and wrong around the time the bible and even before it was written is applicable but very limited.

Not following you, dont jump on some straw man tangent.

We know to a significant degree what the bible says exactly(30 000 manuscripts). Christ lived a sinless life, died on the cross for our sins and promises that if we believe in him and follow we will have eternal life. He has sent the holy spirit to guide us but the word of God is as important and as applicable today as it was thousands of years ago.

LostOne

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
no, i'm not muslim...

...and if we're talking about what's in black and white, the new testament is Paulism. 80% of the new testament are letters and instructions written by Paul. very little of the bible includes Christ.

Have you asked Christ to reveal himself to you?

LostOne

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ya..I'm sure the bible has some real history in there..im actually thinking of buying the bible, Torah, and koron, for historical purposes..my dad was Muslim and before he died he told me those are the 3 books I must read..but nothing is gonna change what I believe....and I'm not trying to change what other people believe..cuz I believe we will all end up in the same place ...so it doesn't matter to me..I just express my believes thru my music..that's it..

There is truth out there, we can hide from it all we want but sooner or later we will have to face it. Put your faith in something you can trust and has been tested. I hope you do read those books for your fathers sake atleast.(Sorry for your loss btw).

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For the most part, I think God is a concept embraced by those who require a sense of purpose. If they feel they're being watched over or that they'll go to heaven when they die, it helps them cope with life.

For the rest, I think it's a tool used by non-believers to manipulate those mentioned above.

If you really think about it though, nobody really knows, including the faithful. Which makes religion one huge front. What type of god would make faith (believing in something you're not really sure about nor can ever be sure about) a virtue and then punish those who don't just accept something because some antiquated religious text said so? Think about it logically. Religion is manmade and the men who made it called blind trust praiseworthy and rewarding so they could maintain their power over those who believed.