Breh shows why Chinese cars aren't sold in America. UPDATE: Mexico getting CEVs

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Yeah, this has me looking funny at American automakers.

If the Chinese are able to manufacture a car that has more features than their American counterpart(s) at a fraction of the cost, then why the fukk do they not do the BARE MINIMUM and elevate their cars' features to that level WITHOUT calling it a new trim and slapping an extra 5-10k on the MSRP?

Breh Chinese have literally 0 skin in motorsports world.

Japanese are losing their credibility rapidly and they were on top for a long time. But they're in a bubble and refuse to adapt.

All those Korean cars are junk that are known for getting boosted easily more than anything else.

Artificial Intelligence

Not Allen Iverson
Daps

Check this: This car almost weighs as much as the Tesla Cybertuck.

This supercar is a high-performing fukking tank that won't tear like a piece of paper.

The Supercar with the Lowest Maintenance Cost and it jumps.

Copped. How much?

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
People are definitely pissed at the tariffs though:

No, pretty much all solar modules are manufactured in China or in other asian countries by Chinese companies. Slapping tarriffs on the panels damages US suppliers and US customers so we can pointlessly ‘protect’ a few hundred non-competitive US jobs. Its quite annoying to see this as a supplier into the solar industry
No, and the 400% tariffs on Chinese panels didn't magically spur on a bunch of domestic solar manufacturing (if anything it probably just killed the domestic polysilicon industry that used to be dominated by US facotries) and neither will these EV tariffs do it for EV manufacturing. Almost every car company with significant US presence has scaled back EV roadmaps for a reason.
oh you mean trade wars aren't good and easy to win after all?
There are some delusional people here who still think tariffs will "win" the trade war. No winning is going to happen when the competitor has market demand, technological and economies of scale advantage.

US EV sales are already slowing down these tariffs aren't changing that. And if Trump wins he will deal the killing blow to renewables anyway.
We didn't "send" anything. Chinas infrastructure and business environment is very well set up to produce goods at scale and at affordable prices.

To your point, the paranoia gripping America is reaching absurd levels. They don't want cars coming in from China...

So build in Mexico....nope, going to tariff that too.

So build in US...nope, can't do that, national security risk.

There is a bill out there to ban Chinese garlic for national security purposes. Garlic....

I honestly don't think we'll ever get them here unfortunately.

Last edited:
Daps
Looks like my defender. I realized you can't take window shoppers opinions too seriously. For example, for all the offroad capabilities my defender has, I haven't used it so far cuz I live in the city. Can't see this cars floating capabilities being a major buying consideration for the same reason. Cool concept tho

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Man, people have had Chinese-engineered products in their houses, cars, etc. for decades/their whole life and nothing tragic has happened.

Now they want to talk about "quality" :mjlol: :heh:

shyt, to me it looks like they've proven enough. I still got working electronics from the 80's. That's the funny part.

I'm just on the side that will give the best bang for the buck, always have been like that.

Just like posting 3 videos of engines blowing up of the 300k cars they shipped over a single month. Not bad chances to be honest.

Give me a cheap EV and don't block it with bullshyt legislation because Elon is scared.
A toaster oven is one thing, but the main conveyeance your children are transported in is much different.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
A toaster oven is one thing, but the main conveyeance your children are transported in is much different.
I mean your TV, refrigerator, washer/dryer, various control systems, numerous other household appliances, etc. can malfunction when you're sleeping. A short circuit can occur, generate plenty of heat and interact with another appliance to a devastating degree. It doesn't happen often though given how many appliances there are. People got old microwaves made in China still running completely fine.

Same goes for cars. Anyone can post a few videos, but it's crazy when you consider the millions of Chinese cars out there right now putting in work completely fine.

Last edited: