Breh shows why Chinese cars aren't sold in America. UPDATE: Mexico getting CEVs

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
The maintenance on one of those would be wild, imagine looking for someone who can work on one in the west lol
:scust:
That's the thing there ain't no supply chain for specific parts like that so these cars have to be built (way more than). ford tough there's a reason why Toyota cars sell great worldwide because most of the models take the same parts and they tend not to break down as much.

Absolutely these feauture rich cars could be finicky but if they are they'll quickly go the way of Striling and Jaguar in the US and dumped.

I can say I see a fair amount of Chinese cars on the road here in Colombia.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Looks like my defender. I realized you can't take window shoppers opinions too seriously. For example, for all the offroad capabilities my defender has, I haven't used it so far cuz I live in the city. Can't see this cars floating capabilities being a major buying consideration for the same reason. Cool concept tho
Again we're judging curb appeal and you know there's gonna be Tarriffs on these shyts but yeah this is gonna be someone's second car not a daily driver. With the wild weather we're having the alledged water fording capitabilies migh come in handy.

My Old Dorm Director drowned in a storm on I-95 and one time in MS. I almost considered stopping my Honda Civic during a downpour because I had trouble staying on the road. I risked it because I wasn't supposed to be off base in the first place.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Breh Chinese have literally 0 skin in motorsports world.

Japanese are losing their credibility rapidly and they were on top for a long time. But they're in a bubble and refuse to adapt.

All those Korean cars are junk that are known for getting boosted easily more than anything else.
Kia has a big showroom in Cali and I see a fair number of them on the road including their Cabs being Kia's But when I was in the states I rarely saw Kias like that.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I mean your TV, refrigerator, washer/dryer, various control systems, numerous other household appliances, etc. can malfunction when you're sleeping. A short circuit can occur, generate plenty of heat and interact with another appliance to a devastating degree. It doesn't happen often though given how many appliances there are. People got old microwaves made in China still running completely fine.

Same goes for cars. Anyone can post a few videos, but it's crazy when you consider the millions of Chinese cars out there right now putting in work completely fine.
Feel free to beta test the US version with YOU and YOUR kids. I'll give it a few years:hubie:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Feel free to beta test the US version with YOU and YOUR kids. I'll give it a few years:hubie:
You already are though breh. Most American car manufacturers use parts manufactured in China :lolbron:

They're only put together in American and Mexican plants.

You're also driving next to cars that are already built and put together in Chinese plants. They're already here, they've been.

Not to mention all the European countries already driving these Chinese cars.

You can read the comments from people around the world, many Europe:

I don't really get why this is being framed as some apocalyptic event. Chinese-made everything took over the world a long time ago. The only reason its taken cars so long to do it is because shipping something as big and heavy as cars was not cheap and every region had its own wants and needs, reducing any potential efficiencies by locating one giant factory in China versus multiple smaller factories around the world.
For anyone saying there are no Chinese made cars in the US. It's not true. The Polestar 2 is assembled in China and made by a Chinese company. Geely is the parent company of Volvo and Polestar is just Volvo's EV sub brand,
The comments in this section somehow prove the article's point so much better than the article itself.
All signs are pointing to China pretty much taking over the global economy at a massive scale in the near future and everyone just want to sit back and go "lol no way china bad"

Last edited:

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Same goes for cars. Anyone can post a few videos, but it's crazy when you consider the millions of Chinese cars out there right now putting in work completely fine.

Since Australia stopped making its own cars, they get most of their cars from Japan, Korea, and China.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
You already are though breh. Most American car manufacturers use parts manufactured in China :lolbron:

They're only put together in American and Mexican plants.

who doesn't know this? Has anyone looked at the little stickers on their cars? My last car was assembled in Canada and I bought it in MS. There's plants in MS.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Since Australia stopped making its own cars, they get most of their cars from Japan, Korea, and China.
Yup. These Chinese companies have already put a significant amount of cars on European roads. It'll only keep growing from here.

They haven't even dropped the nukes yet like this one:

shyt is donezo. Like I said, I'm just mad we don't get to take advantage of cheap electric vehicles because this country is being lame af :camby:

Last edited:

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Yup. These Chinese companies have already put a significant amount of cars on European roads. It'll only keep growing from here.

They haven't even dropped the nukes yet like this one:

shyt is donezo. Like I said, I'm just mad we don't get to take advantage of cheap electric vehicles because this country is being lame af :camby:

It's gonna be wild when nikkas start flexing Chinese cars.

Imagine in nikka I got a Ching Chong what you nggas know about that??!!! Before I was born people were laughting at Made in Japan Then when they came out with Lexus all that stopped looks like the shyt is happening again.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
shyt is donezo. Like I said, I'm just mad we don't get to take advantage of cheap electric vehicles because this country is being lame af

As per Creative Destruction, as soon as they get the low end, they move their way up the value chain.

I do not doubt that the Chinese Government (and the Chinese people/workers) are subsidizing this. It's what Japan did, Korea, Taiwan, Singapore, Thailand, etc.

I understand the geopolitics of it....but it's kinda late in the game. Nixon got the ball rolling in 72 and Clinton opened the flood gates in the 90s/00s with both NAFTA and helping them get into the WTO (and low key with the CFTC...)

I'm not saying they needed to read the future, but they could have paid attention to the past...

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
lmk when the crash test standards are as a good as European cars and the build quality is respectable

As far as Europe and the US go if they want to block Chinese cars on competition grounds I don't have a problem with it as China locks foreigners out of a lot of areas and is extremely protectionist. It also stands to reason to protect the jobs and connected industries that are still left in the US.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Ya'll know how it's going to play out?

Chevy and other American car companies are going to get their ass kicked by BYD and these other Chinese car manufacturers for years around the world, they'll raise prices here to combat the losses of exports, no one will bite because no one can afford it and soon will be asking for PARTNERSHIPS with the Chinese companies. Next thing you know, we'll then have legit Chinese cars stateside in America as part of negotiations.

At the end of the day, you just can't beat how they've put it all together.

It's basically inevitable at this point.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
lmk when the crash test standards are as a good as European cars and the build quality is respectable

As far as Europe and the US go if they want to block Chinese cars on competition grounds I don't have a problem with it as China locks foreigners out of a lot of areas and is extremely protectionist. It also stands to reason to protect the jobs and connected industries that are still left in the US.
Hard for me to see what CEO's have been doing the last few years and think protecting jobs is a concern for them and our politicians to be honest.

When American car manufacturers start losing significant amount of money due to low exports as Chinese cars dominate the markets worldwide, they'll partner up because they want money.

Selfish CEO's drove this country into the ground and they'll try to snake their way out of it even if it means partnering with Chinese companies to keep living like a millionaire.