Breh shows why Chinese cars aren't sold in America. UPDATE: Mexico getting CEVs

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
That's the thing there ain't no supply chain for specific parts like that so these cars have to be built (way more than). ford tough there's a reason why Toyota cars sell great worldwide because most of the models take the same parts and they tend not to break down as much.

Absolutely these feauture rich cars could be finicky but if they are they'll quickly go the way of Striling and Jaguar in the US and dumped.

I can say I see a fair amount of Chinese cars on the road here in Colombia.
Yeah that's probably one of the biggest if not the biggest factors.

That was a culture shock to me seeing cars I never heard about when I travelled to Latin America lol.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
I mean your TV, refrigerator, washer/dryer, various control systems, numerous other household appliances, etc. can malfunction when you're sleeping. A short circuit can occur, generate plenty of heat and interact with another appliance to a devastating degree. It doesn't happen often though given how many appliances there are. People got old microwaves made in China still running completely fine.

Same goes for cars. Anyone can post a few videos, but it's crazy when you consider the millions of Chinese cars out there right now putting in work completely fine.

You know how many people are on the road who have done 0 preventive maintenance to their vehicles :damn:

bnew

Veteran
Daps

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Important shyt is blotted out genius, learn how Google maps actually works :comeon:

There aren't many blotted out locations, and the vast majority of "blotted out" US locations on Google maps are easily accessible elsewhere, "genius".

There isn't enough meaningfully important that the Chinese would gain from a car camera which they couldn't acquire from the 5,000,000+ Chinese people already in the USA, 300+ spy satellites, their drones and balloons, and simple internet searches. Exactly what do you think the Chinese are planning to do with this super secret, "shyt someone filmed from a regular-ass car driving around" information?

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Facts... I always harbored a thought that these car makers, CAN built a bulletproof car that lasts, BUT they intentionally make these cars with weak aluminum engines and weak parts to FORCE you to buy their replacements... knowing full and well you pay an arm and leg especially the german cars...:beli: Looking at you BMW....:comeon:

Exactly...they plan for 40%-50% of the car to break or be obsolete so you constantly have to fix them.

On top of them being built by damn near slave labor. Just look at their apartment construction boom. 10 years ago people were saying China was the anti-recession, now Evergrand showed they could be touched too.

sabaw

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Asia, Pearl of the Orient
Goodluck with those Chinese brands I dunno about those EVs but theres a lot of chinese car brands here in the philippines and guess what they break down easily and the parts are hard to come by you’ll have to wait for months because it’ll come from china

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Yes they'd run the market, it'd why we 25-100% tariff all their products including phones

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
It's like Hyundai really, everyone though the cars sucked, limited parts, etc. and they improved and now are a viable option.

Big difference with China is there's no viable competitor. They'll work out all the bugs, erase the doubt (which are already overblown) and it's basically their world.

It's not one some "about to happen" shyt either, it's happening. Good engineers make continual improvements.

Last edited:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
It's like Hyundai really, everyone though the cars sucked, limited parts, etc. and they improved and now are a viable option.

Big difference with China is there's no viable competitor. They'll work out all the bugs, erase the doubt (which are already overblown) and it's basically their world.

It's not one some "about to happen" shyt either, it's happening. Good engineers make continual improvements.

Hyundai/Kia work VERY closely with American auto manufacturers and employ American auto workers. China is NOT going to do that.