Breaking: we aren’t getting shyt / student loan forgiveness blocked. (Supreme Court ruling)

Dipsey Doo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Crazy how Coli brehs are frothing at the mouth the forgive the debt of mostly middle-upper middle class cacs :mjlol:

I have student loan debt and I used to break to get my finances in order and get ahead. Can’t feel sorry for people that really believed that politicians would actually just make a trillion dollars go away.

I’ll gladly pay my own debt, not other people and definitely not ones that are already well off.

Cobalt Sire

All Star
Daps
but both sides doe.
:sas1:

you c00ns are gonna learn.
:sas2:

UKVu0t8.gif
Malcolm X is a c00n, fool?

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you could discharge student debt then no one would be in college becsuse their wouldnt be any loans given out
Yeah, nobody went to college before Biden gutted backruptcy protections.
:comeon:

_-----------
Interesting stats

Student Loans by Race and Ethnicity​

Logically, the initial amount borrowed has a tremendous impact on outstanding student loan debt as well as the amount a borrower ultimately pays. Most undergraduate students borrow less than $25,000 in total.

• 86% of White undergraduate students use student loans to pay for school.
  • 86% of student loans go to White students.
  • 50.8% of Black students use student loans.
  • 33% of loans go to Black students.
  • Asian students use 16% of student loans.
  • 0.7% of loans go to Pacific Islanders.
  • Black students are the most likely to receive Federal loans.
  • Asian students are least likely to receive Federal loans.
  • Black students are most likely to receive nonfederal loans.
  • Asians are the least likely to receive nonfederal loans.
  • In the 2017-2018 academic year, Pacific Islanders received the largest average loan at $23,850.
  • That same year, White students received the second-largest average loan at $25,920.
  • Asians received the lowest average loan amount at $23,080.
  • 73.2% of Black and African American undergraduate student loan recipients borrow $57,700, cumulatively.

Cobalt Sire

All Star
Daps
Don't vote! Reparations and tangibles or nothing!
We had a democrat president for 11 of the last 15 years. If one republican getting in ruins everything, even after losing the popular vote, that's not the fault of Black people that didn't vote. I still want something in return for my vote. Either the democrats are going to recognize that, or they'll continue to ignore us, because they'll get the vote for free.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Crazy how Coli brehs are frothing at the mouth the forgive the debt of mostly middle-upper middle class cacs :mjlol:

I have student loan debt and I used to break to get my finances in order and get ahead. Can’t feel sorry for people that really believed that politicians would actually just make a trillion dollars go away.

I’ll gladly pay my own debt, not other people and definitely not ones that are already well off.
They did it for PPP loans.

It's crazy to me how some of you have been conditioned to oppose policy that benefits everyday people just because you feel you're personally losing out. Or you've fallen for that rugged individualism bullshyt. Or because some out group would benefit too. Never hear all this "my taxes" bullshyt when they're used to service the rich.

Forgiveness would have been a huge benefit for Black borrowers:

More Black students take out loans than white students: 71% compared to 56%, according to the research organization Education Data Initiative.

Black college graduates owe $25,000 more in student debt on average than white graduates, the Department of Education found. And four years after graduation, 48% of Black students owe an average of 12.5% more than they borrowed, according to the Education Data Initiative.

Black students make up 72% of Pell grant recipients, according to the DOE.

A typical Black borrower will see his or her loan balance cut nearly in half and more than one in four Black borrowers will have their balance forgiven, according to the White House.

Black women, in particular, carry a disproportionate burden of student debt. They hold nearly two-thirds of the nearly $2 trillion outstanding student debt in the U.S., according to data from the Census Bureau.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've got some debt but I already have one Bachelor's.
We have a tuition assistance program where I work, so I'll be forced to utilize that and slow down on pursuing more education
but the debt to potential income increase for me is just worth it whether I stay with my current organization or not.
An additional 20% to 50% on my current salary is very, very hard to pass up.

I'll still get the additional education done but it'll likely be at a slower pace than I original planed because getting
a cool 20k forgiven would've been nice.

We had a democrat president for 11 of the last 15 years. If one republican getting in ruins everything, even after losing the popular vote, that's not the fault of Black people that didn't vote. I still want something in return for my vote. Either the democrats are going to recognize that, or they'll continue to ignore us, because they'll get the vote for free.
Part of the liberal mythos is the belief that the Democrats are not equally evil to their Republican counterparts.

It's really the equivalent of someone being a murderer and the other person who records the resulting snuff film of
said murder and then reports the crime later.

Is the second person REALLY a good guy in this scenario?

Last edited:

Dipsey Doo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
They did it for PPP loans.

It's crazy to me how some of you have been conditioned to oppose policy that benefits everyday people just because you feel you're personally losing out. Or you've fallen for that rugged individualism bullshyt. Or because some out group would benefit too. Never hear all this "my taxes" bullshyt when they're used to service the rich.

Forgiveness would have been a huge benefit for Black borrowers:

Advocate to pay off the debt of upper middle class cacs brehs

OIP.NjB8JAzkcIbwePw9DL4R9QHaDI

Ol imma pay our debt off massa ass nikka

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
I think this put the nail in the coffin of Joe re-election bid. He was already gonna lose but now a lot of people won't show up to vote :huhldup:
I don't think so, unless you think Desantis has a chance at winning the Republican nomination it's unlikely Biden loses.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I am going to say something that people are not going to like in here... I believe the Biden administration knew this would be the outcome before he even made the student loan forgiveness promise.

Now let me tell you why I feel that is the case. The court, as it stands, was already majority conservative before he ran for the Presidency. When he offered up the promise of forgiving student loans, he already knew the conservatives were against it so therefor the court which is also conservative leaning would be against it. So, he made the promise to the people to get the votes, went through the motion to give the appearance he was going through with his promise, but in the end already knew the Supreme Court would stop it.

I.E. I believe this outcome was already known before the original promise for student loan forgiveness was made. So the promise was a vehicle to garner votes by giving false hope. May not like my take, but that is the only possible answer if the executive branch is competent and aware of the political landscape.
Exactly. Why would Biden even allow Republicans to include student loan payment restart in the debt ceiling negotiations? If he truly cared about forgiving student loan debt?

Dude has always played on Both sides of the isle by pushing Republican initiatives.

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I’m not about to invest too much emotion into this unless I know how much taxes would actually increase. :manny:
An extra 15 billy a year for 30 years. It’s a drop in the bucket.
At least in the south, I would wager that most of the white trump voters didn't go to college/university
38% of his white voters were college grads.
2-12.png