Breaking: we aren’t getting shyt / student loan forgiveness blocked. (Supreme Court ruling)

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
After they were gutted. Voting against every single negotiation that would side for the working class that Biden actually proposed and voting for a bills after they were gutted is not "voting for every Biden bill"

again this is OUT OF HIS OWN MOUTH

All legislation gets gutted

You never get the Inflation reduction act, the infrastructure bill or the last Covid relief bill with Manchin in that seat

Complaining about him is pointless. He isn’t the problem. Republicans are the problem

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
Did it tho? Ppl were already paying these loans, right?

Personally, and this isn't popular, but I don't know how to feel. I paid my loan off, but I didn't have a gigantic amount bc my mom had been putting aside for college .

But I did still have to pay back several thousand dollars and this is even after I got laid off from my first post-college job. Those bills didn't stop for me.

So You got ppl who had to get 2nd jobs or side hustles to pay off their loans....and then you got ppl expecting it to just be wiped away for free.

How is it fair for ppl who spent say 30 yrs paying theirs back or got 2nd jobs etc....for some else to get theirs free?

If that's the case, then run me my money back that I paid.
"I went through a struggle, so you should as well" is crazy thinking.

I paid most of my student loans off and have 3k left to pay and I started at 20k. Even if I paid the 3k myself I still would be in support of having student loans be wiped out for everyone else. I'm only worried about the present and the future, not what I already did in the past.

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
I don't understand some of the people against "muh tax dollars" nikka, the banks and airlines get bailed out all the fukking time and then do the same shyt with that money that got them in their mess over and over again. Would, I rather ease the burden on people who are actually going to spend and who were forced into some predatory shyt as soon as they hit 18? Yes.

I don't owe much, so it's not a bother to me, but some of you don't make any sense when it comes to this shyt. Yeah, lets give the rich more money instead of the consumers. Then, we can have more threads on why Millenials, Zoomers and eventually Alpha can't buy a home.
This like nikkas coming in here saying this are not well educated man :dead:
How many bailouts these companies got in 2008 for example? :dead:

CBSkyline

Chill
Daps
This will have some bad effects on consumer spending and the economy
Which is why I find it quite strange there wasn't a lot of mega corporations that didn't side on eliminating the debt. A lot of their profit margins are about to take a huge hit :wow:

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]
All legislation gets gutted

Yeah they get gutted BY THE OPPOSITION. People like Manchin are the opposition to people that want progressive legislation, and other democrats that fight against progressive legislation.

How are you gonna fight against Republicans if you're fighting people in your own party?

Last edited:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Yeah they get gutted BY THE OPPOSITION. People like Manchin are the opposition people that want progressive legislation, and other democrats that fight against progressive legislation.

How are you gonna fight against Republicans if you're fighting people in your own party?
Manchin is not the opposition

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
Which is why I find it quite strange there wasn't a lot of mega corporations that didn't side on eliminating the debt. A lot of their profit margins are about to take a huge hit :wow:
I think general the gov don’t want to forgive the loans, it will fukk the banks up and you can have guaranteed labor from millions of Americans which means the dollar will still be somewhat competitive internationally

Not saying it’s right but the gov has shown us time after time that it’s about the bottom line fukk how citizens are living

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
These conservative Supreme Court judges better be thankful to fukking God they live in America. In many other countries they wouldn’t even make it home tonight after the streak they been on.

Both siders say the Supreme Court don’t affect black people though. Economics don’t affect black people I guess . Poverty doesn’t affect black people i guess
Yeah you pull up near a SC Justice’s house you gonna get a phone call like Walter White did when he tried to pull up on Gus Fring

“Go home Walter”

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
Did it tho? Ppl were already paying these loans, right?

Personally, and this isn't popular, but I don't know how to feel. I paid my loan off, but I didn't have a gigantic amount bc my mom had been putting aside for college .

But I did still have to pay back several thousand dollars and this is even after I got laid off from my first post-college job. Those bills didn't stop for me.

So You got ppl who had to get 2nd jobs or side hustles to pay off their loans....and then you got ppl expecting it to just be wiped away for free.

How is it fair for ppl who spent say 30 yrs paying theirs back or got 2nd jobs etc....for some else to get theirs free?

If that's the case, then run me my money back that I paid.
Change happens all the time breh, this was one that could've helped MILLIONS of people, a good number of them us black folk.

We could also buy gas cheap af 20 years ago, groceries was cheap, living life and buying a house was cheap....that clearly ain't the case no more.

If you were lucky enough to pay yours off years ago, great for you, you made it. Other people...not so much.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
"I went through a struggle, so you should as well" is crazy thinking.

I paid most of my student loans off and have 3k left to pay and I started at 20k. Even if I paid the 3k myself I still would be in support of having student loans be wiped out for everyone else. I'm only worried about the present and the future, not what I already did in the past.

I hear you on this. But what if someone elses quality of life is not where it could've been bc they had to pay loans? ...They're gonna feel some way about others getting to skip that whole step.

Or what about someone who forgoes going back to get an addtl degree to get a higher paying job, simply bc of loan debt...and someone now can do that and get it forgiven and make more money than the previous person?

But I do understand the argument of both camps.

But I don't even think the supreme court cares about what's "fair" as much as the govt getting all it's money back.