Breaking: we aren’t getting shyt / student loan forgiveness blocked. (Supreme Court ruling)

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
People keep talking about student loans but very little about reducing the cost to go to college, like capping the amount of student loans you can take or the amount schools can charge.

Of course, putting limits on that would probably close at least half the schools in the country to begin with, so...

That's even HARDER to conceptualize. Because state schools are some of the biggest employers nationwide. If anything, the emphasis on college athletics should be reduced. Let the pro sports apparatus fund academies (like they do in Europe for soccer) and let the schools focus on academics. That alone would knock tuitions down by BILLIONS. But you'd effectively kill schools like Auburn, Alabama, LSU, Ohio State, Iowa, etc which use their sports programs as major recruitment tools, even for non-athletes.

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
That's fukked up too. But this is what the people want :yeshrug:

You know what you gotta do, if you wanna see change

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
You don't get progressive legislation when you vote to gut every progression legislation

You realize those climate provisions are apart of the IRA?

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
Watch anyone who attempts to put the blame on Biden without mentioning how Trump picked three of these motherfukkers. Watch those posters closely. :mjpls:
I'm one of them. Personally I said multiple times how damaging Trump packing the supreme court and federal judges across the county. However, Biden does deserve some blame. He knew how republicans were going to act with his executive order on student loans. It puts him in position to say he tried but republicans blocked it. Instead he could have lobbied for a package like PPP loans for student forgiveness but didn't nor attempted to. Some folks like myself can see the overall bullshyt.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Did it tho? Ppl were already paying these loans, right?

Personally, and this isn't popular, but I don't know how to feel. I paid my loan off, but I didn't have a gigantic amount bc my mom had been putting aside for college .

But I did still have to pay back several thousand dollars and this is even after I got laid off from my first post-college job. Those bills didn't stop for me.

So You got ppl who had to get 2nd jobs or side hustles to pay off their loans....and then you got ppl expecting it to just be wiped away for free.

How is it fair for ppl who spent say 30 yrs paying theirs back or got 2nd jobs etc....for some else to get theirs free?

If that's the case, then run me my money back that I paid.
STFU

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I appreciate this post.

But I'm not even so much as comparing myself. That's why I stated mine was several thousand, not $40-50k. Even with That being said, I still had to pay mine back while being laid off for an extended period.

My point is, someone who worked a 2nd or 3rd job for 10 years to pay off their $50k loan may not have sympathy for, someone wanting theirs wiped out for free, no matter how you try to explain it to them.

You think people aren't paying them back? Of course they are. But for some folks 40k-50k is never getting paid back while still trying to live. I'm not asking you to be sympathetic. I'm asking you to understand the economic ramifications.

I pay out the ass for electricity because I want my shyt to come from the wind and solar farms. If someone said "we are now subsidizing clean energy for low income people". I wouldn't be fukking upset....because ultimately that means more people using clean energy.

Having people strapped with debt is BAD FOR THE ECONOMY. This affects everyone.

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
I don't understand some of the people against "muh tax dollars" nikka, the banks and airlines get bailed out all the fukking time and then do the same shyt with that money that got them in their mess over and over again. Would, I rather ease the burden on people who are actually going to spend and who were forced into some predatory shyt as soon as they hit 18? Yes.

I don't owe much, so it's not a bother to me, but some of you don't make any sense when it comes to this shyt. Yeah, lets give the rich more money instead of the consumers. Then, we can have more threads on why Millenials, Zoomers and eventually Alpha can't buy a home.
No disrespect but you answered your own question. The biggest trick pulled off was actually convincing people to get emotional and reject student loan forgiveness while accepting corporate bailouts.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Do you understand he voted against the most substantial parts of the negotiations, or are you just acting stupid?
Nothing gets passed at all if he isn’t in his position

The goal should be getting more Dems elected. We need Manchin so it’s pointless to complain about him

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]
Nothing gets passed at all if he isn’t in his position

The goal should be getting more Dems elected. We need Manchin so it’s pointless to complain about him

Nothing substantial got passed because of him. A gutted bill is pointless.

The goal should be to get more Dems elected that support progressive legislation, not Dems that are going to actively sabotage progressive legislaitons like Manchin or Sinema.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Nothing substantial got passed because of him. A gutted bill is pointless.

The goal should be to get more Dems elected that support progressive legislation, not Dems that are going to actively sabotage progressive legislaitons like Manchin or Sinema.
All 3 of those bills are substantial if we’re being realistic

Progressive legislation isn’t realistic

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
I ain’t paying these shyts either way, so ima let them figure out what they want do about it :manny:
I don't suggest that breh. They'll garnish your wages and take your tax refund(if you get them) until it's paid. I dated a girl who had a wages garnished and seeing what she took home after the government got theirs
zu8RnFJ.png