BREAKING: The Washington Wizards are trading three-time All-Star Bradley Beal to the Phoenix Suns for Chris Paul, Landry Shamet, second-rounders

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The “clearing cap room” argument doesn’t make much sense to me because for that cap space to be of any value you have to actually do something with it ….what are the options for the Wizards now …give more money to guys like KP and Kuzma? I’d rather have just kept Beal if that’s the play :manny:
beal has a bloated contract, getting rid of it is taking a step in the right direction. its up to them to draft well and sign good players

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
You don’t expect them to add any decent ring chasers in FA?
the whole free agency this year is mainly just role guys who might have been fighting for minimums or PT anyway. We're talking about guys like Alec Burks, Josh Richardson (personally I think KD makes a request for Yuta Watanabe), Jaylen Nowell, Juan Toscano-Anderson, Jaxson Hayes type guys. The only difference is 29 other teams are gonna fight for those same guys.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
What’s the point of keeping around Beal to win another 35ish games next year? Again - he had a no trade clause, you’re not getting equal value back in any deal. Blow it up, start over.
My point is using “clearing cap space” as the primary reason to make this trade is a weak one …I have no problem with a team just wanting to go young tho that makes sense

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There’s literally no way. That’s why I thought they should have went all in on Beal. Get him on a 3 way call with bam and jimmy. Do whatever.
Pat old ass still think he can just throw the rings on the table and have a team give him a star player for nothing. Not even offering the 18th pick for Beal is craaaaaazy.

Surreal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know what Phoenix can get for Ayton but Dallas will definitely be interested. Could be something like THJ, Kleber and Javale for Ayton and Ish Wainright.

Mavs have other options like robbing the Hawks

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
why is depth being brought up?

1. Suns had minimal depth after KD trade regardless
2. They traded away two useless guys for an all star
3. They STILL HAVE Ayton who will most likely be flip for the depth
4. There will be ring chasers and prove it guys who will line up to sign with them, they should have a much better selection than they had after KD trade

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
No bigs, defense or bench. Not impressed with this trade
Tore as many games off Denver as the rest of the field combined with Book/KD freestyling, CP3 out and Ayton in full blown tin-man mode.

They're probably gonna look to flip Ayton to address "depth", but even if they can't a fresh start without Monty/CP3 on his neck can't be any worse than where he was. KD and Beal staying healthy is a bigger concern than having a whole offseason to find rotational guys who can do the dirty work.