BREAKING: The Washington Wizards are trading three-time All-Star Bradley Beal to the Phoenix Suns for Chris Paul, Landry Shamet, second-rounders

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
The “clearing cap room” argument doesn’t make much sense to me because for that cap space to be of any value you have to actually do something with it ….what are the options for the Wizards now …give more money to guys like KP and Kuzma? I’d rather have just kept Beal if that’s the play :manny:
Yeah, clearing salary to overpay them just looks awful.

KP's expiring has value to teams who want to dump bad deals with picks.

That roster is depressing.
Right. The new GM wants to be 17 win bad not 35 win bad.
I don't even see the point. The best value the #1 pick would have next year is if you're shopping it.

Spree At Last

All Star
Daps
as a wiz fan i'm happy with this trade, it's honestly irrelevant what we got back. that contract was awful and on top of that the NTC, no wiz fan was happy that we gave him that contract in the first place. we werent winning shyt with or without him. at least now we finally get to tank properly instead of being a perpetual 9 seed. definitely an L in the short term but let's see what the new front office can do.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Oh shut up with this shyt my goodness

Talent wins. Every time. Unless you got injuries. We just seem to forget that bc harden and kyrie were hurt for BK, KD and klay got hurt for GS to let Toronto sneak in, even this year cp3 got hurt.

Stop overeating depth. That matters in normal instances. In this case? They not normal. So the better the top level talent is, the easier it is to accumulate depth and less you need your ‘others’ to do.

With this top 4, you can literally fill out that roster with minimum guys. Or you can flip Ayton for depth.

Well that kinda matters when Kevin Durant is 35 and misses significant time with injuries every season and Beal ain’t exactly an Ironman either :skip:

KD, Booker, Beal & Ayton ain’t exactly KD-Steph-Klay-Draymond good and even then they had guys like Iggy & Livingston coming off the bench which is much better than what Phoenix projects to have

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
why is depth being brought up?

1. Suns had minimal depth after KD trade regardless
2. They traded away two useless guys for an all star
3. They STILL HAVE Ayton who will most likely be flip for the depth
4. There will be ring chasers and prove it guys who will line up to sign with them, they should have a much better selection than they had after KD trade
because it’s important as we saw with their downfall :manny: They HAVE to convert Ayton into something of value if they can’t this team will have questions …additionally CP3 wasn’t useless he played solidly in the second half of the year and was their best distributor/table setter even at his advanced age …they better hope Booker and Beal can run an offense full time like he did

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Nah I am sorry we been debating all season how hard building around 3 supermaxes would be but the Suns are going to figure it out with 4? This shyt is going to be a shytstorm
The second apron doesn’t go into effect until next offseason. KD is gonna be 35 by the time next season starts, how many great years does he have left in the tank? I understand the push to try to win now. I think Denver is still better and the Lakers would be a bad matchup for them

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Phoenix won.

They moved the corpse of CP3 and Shamet for Beal …the fukk y’all talking about? :mjlol:

I thought they’d have to trade ayton to DC but they can still move him
For depth .
the long term ramifications are that if they will be over the 2nd apron, picks, trades and any free agent that's remotely decent won't be options.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Yeah, clearing salary to overpay them just looks awful.

KP's expiring has value to teams who want to dump bad deals with picks.

That roster is depressing.

I don't even see the point. The best value the #1 pick would have next year is if you're shopping it.
Kuzma is gone.

Porzingis, like CP3, will probably be on the roster to start the season.

Tommy Sheppard's inability to draft is coming up big now!

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
why is depth being brought up?

1. Suns had minimal depth after KD trade regardless
2. They traded away two useless guys for an all star
3. They STILL HAVE Ayton who will most likely be flip for the depth
4. There will be ring chasers and prove it guys who will line up to sign with them, they should have a much better selection than they had after KD trade
You need depth to get through the regular season. Look what all those injuries did to Phoenix and their playoff seeding.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
If I'm them I keep the books clear, accumulate talent via the draft and once they know they've drafted a can't miss star, go find an all-star willing to play with him.

Their main problem is that they did this a year late, if they had wemby they could've been a legit FA destination in a year or 2
I agree with all of this, I guess those are just the ramifications of poor ownership and poor franchise mapping …this is what the punishment for stupidity looks like :yeshrug: