Breaking: STL Police Shoot and Kill Black Teen at Gas Station

Digga38

The seperation between what's fake and what's real
Daps
Reppin
Dub-C
For the life of me I can't believe that the kid had a gun pointed at the cop b/c the other dude closet to the cop didn't even flinch or anything until the cop started shooting. Or is it my sleep deprived eyes fooling me
thats very telling....could have been a cell phone....

what i think is happening is they are targeting kids with lengthy records right now....roll on em and plant the gun...

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
i cop stopped me and checked for identification when I was playing my music too loud in River Forest before. Why didn't i get shot?

as long as you aint doing shyt that you aren't supposed to be doing, you should have no problem with the feds.

RNS

My Own Lane
Supporter
Daps
i cop stopped me and checked for identification when I was playing my music too loud in River Forest before. Why didn't i get shot?

as long as you aint doing shyt that you aren't supposed to be doing, you should have no problem with the feds.
138133-Doc-Rivers-gif-Imgur-wtf-pZo6.gif

Flay Mayweather

Superstar
Daps
There are plenty of cases where white suspects are shot. However I'm willing to bet that cops escalate situations more quickly with blacks than whites and the reason for that is because of racism in America against blacks.

However in saying that, on the same token more often does not mean all the time. Also I believe aiming for center of mass is a great gauge of what to aim for. Unless you're a competitive marksman instead of passing one, aiming for a narrow target like a MOVING limb during a high stress situation is an extremely bad bet.

Movies and video games lie over the accuracy of a gun. Real life physics isn't as forgiving.

More blacks are killed by cops than whites and that remains a fact

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
More blacks are killed by cops than whites and that remains a fact
well...no.

More whites based on RAW numbers were shot by police.

The correct statement is that blacks are shot at a higher rate by police and THAT remains a fact.

That in itself is more telling and more concerning but please don't confuse the two.

Kitsch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
London

When are going to acknowledge you were in the wrong? I don't want your daps, I would like for you to acknowledge it in front of everyone. :ufdup:

Flay Mayweather

Superstar
Daps
well...no.

More whites based on RAW numbers were shot by police.

The correct statement is that blacks are shot at a higher rate by police and THAT remains a fact.

That in itself is more telling and more concerning but please don't confuse the two.
The 1,217 deadly police shootings from 2010 to 2012 captured in the federal data show that blacks, age 15 to 19, were killed at a rate of 31.17 per million, while just 1.47 per million white males in that age range died at the hands of police.

http://www.propublica.org/article/deadly-force-in-black-and-white

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
When are going to acknowledge you were in the wrong? I don't want your daps, I would like for you to acknowledge it in front of everyone. :ufdup:

if not wanting to admit that i was wrong when i know am right is wrong then i dont wanna be right.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
The 1,217 deadly police shootings from 2010 to 2012 captured in the federal data show that blacks, age 15 to 19, were killed at a rate of 31.17 per million, while just 1.47 per million white males in that age range died at the hands of police.

The previous post i made that cited a Politifact article got its information from this exact propublica report. However in your quote it takes a time frame from 2010 - 2012 while the politifact numbers use only the 2012 numbers.

Secondly, what you just posted agrees with what I said. However, there is nuance here you're ignoring. Rate is NOT the number of people shot. Its the amount relative to population size. Everything in that quote box, right there, agrees 100% with what I stated.

I'll look more at the article you posted for a more raw number if that is what you want to look at ACROSS THE BOARD, but from a cursory glance there is a lot of segmentation of the data into subcategories on that article. I'm not dismissing just want to look at it more thoroughly after this post and re-edit. I love pro-publica btw and I followed them since they worked with The Nation on the "Katrina's Hidden Race War" article back in 2009 (http://www.thenation.com/article/katrinas-hidden-race-war).

NERO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Commiefornia

Shocking numbers for that age range. What I would like to see is a chart of these numbers over , say, the last 50 years. I would also like to see a regional map to see whether this was happening at a higher rate in "integrated" areas like LA, NY, CHI, DC and other major cities or if this was happening at a higher rate in the more self segregated suburbs and in the country. Not raw numbers but just rates.

Kitsch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
London
if not wanting to admit that i was wrong when i know am right is wrong then i dont wanna be right.

"He had a criminal background including some that involved with that very same gun."

Alright, present evidence that the alleged gun found at the scene is the same weapon (note I said weapon, because I don't know what weapon he allegedly used in the armed robbery and I'm not going to act like I do.) used in the armed robbery.

aaaaaaa

Banned
Daps
Just make sure you ready to walk it like you talk it (errr type it) if @Brooklynzson & @cook pass ya info to them peoples and they show up at ya door :usure:

Or be prepared to expend 1000's of dollars on a legal defense.

You got folks all over the country facing felony charges not for actual threats against the police...but making statements against the police.

They probably deleted the post for your own good.

You should definitely make a thread about this